• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

Rat Queens added !!! Woohoo !!! :banana:

Waiting for the ebay spike. What is it with TV/Movie announcements on Fridays? Hey, it makes the weekend hunting more fun

Haha ! That too. I can't find any #4 or #5 issues.

When I was tracking down issues a month ago for my, #4 was by far the hardest to find, but I have no idea why. Based on reported sales, the print run for 4 should have been almost identical to 3 and 5. But for some reason I could not find a copy on ebay, period. I eventually lucked into finding one at a LCS.

At C2E2 this year, none of the modern vendors had RQ (even those that specialize in Image books). I asked one of them for RQ just out of curiosity, and he told me that EVERYONE was asking forme it, but they didn't't bring any 'cause they don't sell in their home store...!!! So...there is at least one LCS that is well stocked!

You guys are crazy if you think The Stand is anything comparable to The Dark Tower books. I admit the first one in the series is slow, but once you get past it, it picks up steam quickly.

One thing about The Stand is all the irrelevant characters in there. I can't think of any other book that has excerpts of random characters...out of the King Books I've read: The Dark Tower series (twice), Salem's Lot, Dreamcatcher, From a Buick 8, Black House, Under the Dome; I put the Stand at second last on the list. The Stand was the only book on that list I felt could have been cut 30% and nothing material to the story would change.

I don't disagree about the 30%. The best thing about the Stand was the ride and not the destination. Very few stories, novels ot other types, have ever pulled me in as quickly as this book. It hooked me in the first chapter and never let go.

Of course, the original version of the stand WAS cut by 30% (some 400 pages) so...there you go!

The Stand kicks the mess out of The Dark Tower series. The Gunslinger is fantastic as a weird one shot story, but the rest of the saga is just OK, IMO. And that ending....

'Salem's Lot is easily SK's best book and one of the best I've ever read. I'd put The Stand at number 2.

He's actually been on top of his game recently, putting out some solid work. 11/22/63, Duma Key and Doctor Sleep are all great reads.

I liked Tommyknockers and IT

You should read 11/22/63 - a couple characters from IT and maybe even the creature ITself make an appearance and it doesn't even feel forced. Can't recommend that book enough.

I'll check it out, tnx.

I've liked almost all his stuff, except Dark Tower.

Ya, you read what the first book or two? You guys are higher than Jimmy three blunts deep to think The Stand is better than the Dark Tower Series. I haven't seen the movie version of it, but I heard it was terrible.

I'll check it out, tnx.

Ya, you read what the first book or two? You guys are higher than Jimmy three blunts deep to think The Stand is better than the Dark Tower Series. I haven't seen the movie version of it, but I heard it was terrible.

Plenty of movies based on books are terrible. How is that even remotely relevant to this discussion...? Stephen King doesn't write the movies.

Have you seen read the Lawnmower Man, and seen the movie...? The only common element is the title.

I'll check it out, tnx.

Plenty of movies based on books are terrible. How is that even remotely relevant to this discussion...? Stephen King doesn't write the movies.

Have you seen read the Lawnmower Man, and seen the movie...? The only common element is the title.

Why is the main character always a writer in Stephen King movies?

I'll check it out, tnx.

Carrie?

I'll check it out, tnx.

Carrie?

when you can name five movies based on different books that almost have the same plot its not a good sign. And I include Stephen King's 'It' in the films with the same writer characters thats dumb and is played by the annoying guy from night court.

"Write what you know".

Sure, there are several books that center around a writer as the main character, but there are also several MORE that do not. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when he writes something like "From a Buick 8" - actually finishes the book (!!) - and then it dawns on him that, wait, I think I wrote this one before (Christine)!

But, hey, King's a fantastic writer, and when he's on his game there is none better. I would also say that his hits far outweigh his misses...and I know that most legendary musicians envy him in this department.

I'll check it out, tnx.

Go back and re-read my argument for The Dark Tower vs The Stand. I don't need a sophisticated argument against someone criticizing a book they've barely read. The Dark Tower is significantly more profound than The Stand.

I'll check it out, tnx.

Go back and re-read my argument for The Dark Tower vs The Stand. I don't need a sophisticated argument against someone criticizing a book they've barely read. The Dark Tower is significantly more profound than The Stand.

What are you talking about? I am asking about the relevance of the comment in bold, as it pertains to the point you are trying to make. That should be easy enough to grasp.

Now official for Peter Panzerfaust too!

"Peter Panzerfaust" on the other hand will be produced by BBC Worldwide and Heavy Metal with "Life on Mars" creators Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah writing the pilot -script.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/305295-image-comics-rat-queens-and-peter-panzerfaust-headed-to-tv

I'll check it out, tnx.

What are you talking about? I am asking about the relevance of the comment in bold, as it pertains to the point you are trying to make. That should be easy enough to grasp.

It was the final point of why The Stand is not better than The Dark Tower. I've asked for tangible reasons why someone can defend The Stand vs The Dark Tower considering the overwhelming majority consider The Dark Tower books King's masterpiece.