• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

I think we're up to date... Look at this mess of 100+ listings you've caused. lol

I had no idea how many of these were being licensed until we started writing them down. It's ridiculous. HAHA

:)

I'm very happy not to own this thread ;) and very tidy it is too.

It is a silly amount in such a short space of time.

I think we're up to date... Look at this mess of 100+ listings you've caused. lol

I had no idea how many of these were being licensed until we started writing them down. It's ridiculous. HAHA

It really is no surprise to me how many properties are being optioned for the simple fact that the Hollywood writers have had writers block and are just rehashing sequels until the recent surge of the big budget comic book films and now television series to go along with them. 2c

It really is no surprise to me how many properties are being optioned for the simple fact that the Hollywood writers have had writers block and are just rehashing sequels until the recent surge of the big budget comic book films and now television series to go along with them. 2c

You make a good point. A lot of stuff gets gussied up and repackaged but comics are something different for the most part.

The Other Dead? Really hm

Google time! lol

The subscription variants covers are pretty sick.

IGN Analysis

The one to own for The Other Dead is the Obama cover.

With this book: yes Eastman is involved.

One of the writers is Digger Mesch. Digger is a TV Writer/Producer/Director but for "C-List or D-List movies".

To the best of my knowledge, the second volume of the mini-series is starting really soon. (the Other Dead back issue letters said Fall-2014 target).

The sub covers align. In the image below, two covers are not shown; I did not want to post all 6 as it will stretch the size of the page.

the-other-dead-barack-obama-variant-cover.jpg

tumblr_mv8mq8dO1K1s0pt79o1_1280.jpg

Books to add to the list

Fox Snags Doctors (TPB only)

SyFy Orders 'Dark Matter'

Books to be edited

Clone is no longer D.O.A, correct?

Immediately after SyFy dropped Clone, a movie production company picked it up, right?

Was Mind MGMT shelved by Ridley Scott?

Is Sheltered still scheduled to be filmed this winter?

Any other changes?

Books to remove from the list

Other than Revival ( :cry: ) are there any books to be removed from the list?

It says something that I'm more excited about Marvel's slate of films than DC's.

Marvel dropped their 3rd phase on the world and it looks amazing. So does T'Challa's costume!

- May 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron

- July 17, 2015 - Ant Man

- May 6, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War

- Nov. 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange

- May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

- July 28, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok

- Nov. 3, 2017 - Black Panther

- May 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War Part #1

- July 6, 2018 - Captain Marvel

- Nov. 2, 2018 - Inhumans

- May 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War Part #2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56670

It says something that I'm more excited about Marvel's slate of films than DC's.

Marvel dropped their 3rd phase on the world and it looks amazing. So does T'Challa's costume!

- May 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron

- July 17, 2015 - Ant Man

- May 6, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War

- Nov. 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange

- May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

- July 28, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok

- Nov. 3, 2017 - Black Panther

- May 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War Part #1

- July 6, 2018 - Captain Marvel

- Nov. 2, 2018 - Inhumans

- May 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War Part #2

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56670

+1

+1

Some speculate that DC/WB will have separate movie phases for Vertigo.

I guesstimate that DC/WB/Vertigo will have Animal Man, Sandman, Swamp Thing, Madame Xanadu, Zatanna, Dead Boy Detectives & the collective Justice League Dark.

That said, one can easily speak to the future with Marvel and add to the list with the likes of Ms. Marvel and other titles. But I thought Captain Marvel will really be the Marvel Now Ms. Marvel story??? (shrug)