• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

Surprised there wasn't much Tv/Movie deal announcements at SDCC this year besides Five Ghosts..

i feel like news breaks earlier than SDCC now, Flash, Constantine come to mind as shows that usually would be SDCC Hall H roof top blowers.

I agree. I'm not sure if it matters but it appears that people want to get the news out early and often. There may be something to it. My 11 yo daughter knows the names of all of the GotG characters except for the lead. She keeps calling him Andy and keeps asking if he will sing a song about little Sebastian. lol

Andy = lead singer of Mouse Rat (formerly Scarecrow Boat) :headbang:

Has the leaked Deadpool test footage been on here yet?

is that real? someone told me about that i assumed hoax.

I haven't dug into it but it seems pretty legit.

All of this does make me wonder though. With the explosion of TV and Movie deals this year (several of which I am genuinely excited about) if come next year it just isn't going to be that much of a big deal any more. Pretty much every book out there is getting optioned off of the back of Marvel's dominance at the box office. Rather than haveing a handful of offerings everyone is going to be spoilt for choice, perhaps overwhelmed. If it comes to that then people producing these films / shows are going to be under pressure to deliver something really good or simply get lost in the crowd.

Has the leaked Deadpool test footage been on here yet?

is that real? someone told me about that i assumed hoax.

I haven't dug into it but it seems pretty legit.

All of this does make me wonder though. With the explosion of TV and Movie deals this year (several of which I am genuinely excited about) if come next year it just isn't going to be that much of a big deal any more. Pretty much every book out there is getting optioned off of the back of Marvel's dominance at the box office. Rather than haveing a handful of offerings everyone is going to be spoilt for choice, perhaps overwhelmed. If it comes to that then people producing these films / shows are going to be under pressure to deliver something really good or simply get lost in the crowd.

I had a similar discussion with a friend, it'll be like war movies pretty soon. Every conflict that's taken place throughout history has multiple iterations sometimes multiples in the same year, with the cream rising to the top.

Comics are a bit more diverse though, so I think theres room to keep optioning things. Plus a lot option does not = making it to screen, or staying on TV for a series.

Question:

Kamala Kahn is an alien?

I was sleeping and missed this yesterday. Updated. Thanks (thumbs u

Marvel is releasing a collected version of Secret Service.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/01/marvel-comics-rush-publishes-secret-service-collection-ahead-of-movie/

I'm really looking forward to this movie and I hope it's something like a Bond movie. It doesn't get much better than British secret agent movies. I'm saving the read until after the movie.

A BC article which mentions Pantheon which is one the shows that caused me to start the list. It also mentions other IDW projects including Wynonna Earp which I don't believe we have listed. V-Wars, Winter World, and Wormwood also make the list.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/04/how-idw-expands-from-comics-into-tv-v-wars-brooklyn-animal-control-cobb-wyonna-earp-pantheon-wormwood-and-more/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/01/marvel-comics-rush-publishes-secret-service-collection-ahead-of-movie/

I'm really looking forward to this movie and I hope it's something like a Bond movie. It doesn't get much better than British secret agent movies. I'm saving the read until after the movie.

I read the series, and really enjoyed.

Gonna be some "Oh :censored: !!" moments for sure.

EDIT: But let me be clear, I am a huge Millar guy, so that may need to be taken into consideration, haha....

I read the series, and really enjoyed.

Gonna be some "Oh :censored: !!" moments for sure.

EDIT: But let me be clear, I am a huge Millar guy, so that may need to be taken into consideration, haha....

:headbang: