• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Warren Ellis monthly....Moon Knight! Whaaaat?!

153 posts in this topic

:cry:

:o

I almost grabbed one of these. Glad I didn't.

You should. Costume changes are inevitable...this is Marvel isn't it? lol

I'm on board, too early to make a judgement call in my opinion.

As somebody who owns a few copies of WWBN #32... I really wanted this to rock it coming out of the gate but I was really disappointed in both the story and artwork... more so on the artwork.. I don't know what marvel is doing lately with its artist choices but some of these recent #1s... This book and Black Widow come to mind... I just keep wondering what they are thinking.

Not bad but not great. I think they spend too much time going over his origin and trying to make him seem crazy. But I suppose for new MK readers it is necessary.

Saying he's insane every 3 pages is a bit much though.

Just to clarify, I don't think this is going to be a good speculation title.

Like all marvel titles they are over printed and the money books are the variant.

I just enjoyed Bendis and Maleev's run so I'm interested in seeing where Ellis takes the character. Definitley a book people should be picking up, but not because its going to be worth anything in the future. 2c

Couldn't agree more. Besides, Moon Knight has never really been worth anything aside from wwbn32.

Only reason I want the variant cover is because it looks hella sick (thumbs u

I'll take your Marc Spector #55-60's off your hands for a crisp $1 each. I'll even kick in for shipping. hm

They're worth $? That explains why I haven't found any in the dollar bins hm

Just to clarify, I don't think this is going to be a good speculation title.

Like all marvel titles they are over printed and the money books are the variant.

I just enjoyed Bendis and Maleev's run so I'm interested in seeing where Ellis takes the character. Definitley a book people should be picking up, but not because its going to be worth anything in the future. 2c

Couldn't agree more. Besides, Moon Knight has never really been worth anything aside from wwbn32.

Only reason I want the variant cover is because it looks hella sick (thumbs u

I'll take your Marc Spector #55-60's off your hands for a crisp $1 each. I'll even kick in for shipping. hm

WWBN #33 is Moon Knight's 2nd app. & has only 3 CGC 9.8's on the census, so I'm sure it has decent value.

For sure, it's almost harder to find it than #32, especially in higher grades. Love the cover on it too!

Not bad but not great. I think they spend too much time going over his origin and trying to make him seem crazy. But I suppose for new MK readers it is necessary.

Saying he's insane every 3 pages is a bit much though.

I loved the police procedural part of it - I really wish they would ditch the crazy stuff already. I was totally on board with the issue until the last two pages. It was almost as if they tried to shoe-horn the crazy psychology concept in after a nice, paced story. It was too bad - however, still a fan and I'll continue reading it.

I don't know what marvel is doing lately with its artist choices but some of these recent #1s... This book and Black Widow come to mind... I just keep wondering what they are thinking.

Yeah - Black Widow was just...not good. I couldn't even finish that issue. It was boring and the art was not selling it for me. And I'm pretty open to art. She-Hulk is another one that I really wanted to like. The art is just horrid. It's like someone went to the Mike Allred School of Art and failed miserably.

I dug the art. Did anyone else see the preview for issue 2? Looks like theyre going back to a more "classic" moon knight look? I like it a lot better then the suit he wore in issue 1
I liked the art, I even went online to see what was on sale, most of the pages I liked had already sold, but I was able to snag one.

Anyone else read issue 2 yet? I thought it was really good, even though it read extremely fast.

Interesting approach with the self contained story, but that's how the original Moon Knight series started so I guess we'll have to wait and see where it leads.

Very excited for issue 3 :headbang: