• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Age Are We In Again??

109 posts in this topic

1938-1945... Golden Age

1946-1955... Atom Age

1956-1967... Silver Age

1968-1979... Bronze Age

1980-1992... Copper Age

1993-2004... Chromium Age

2005-Future... Culmination Age

:golfclap:

I like this...but wouldn't the "Culmination Age" be the Modern Age...atleast for now.

And what is 'cuminating'?

cul·mi·nate [kuhl-muh-neyt]

verb (used without object)

to end or arrive at a final stage (usually followed by in ): The argument Comics culminated in a fistfight the early part of the 21st Century.

I know the definition you bonehead. I guess I don't see anything "culminating" though. I don't see comics or comic collecting going away any time soon...

The 90's - late 90's early 2000's: Chromium Age (Heard this before, not my idea)

2000's until now and immediate future: Titanium Age

and when one of the Big Three convert to exclusively digital (getting rid of print altogether), I think that will be the benchmark of the true Digital Age.

1938-1945... Golden Age

1946-1955... Atom Age

1956-1967... Silver Age

1968-1979... Bronze Age

1980-1992... Copper Age

2005-Future... Culmination Age

:golfclap:

I like this...but wouldn't the "Culmination Age" be the Modern Age...atleast for now.

And what is 'cuminating'?

cul·mi·nate [kuhl-muh-neyt]

verb (used without object)

to end or arrive at a final stage (usually followed by in ): The argument Comics culminated in a fistfight the early part of the 21st Century.

I know the definition you bonehead. I guess I don't see anything "culminating" though. I don't see comics or comic collecting going away any time soon...

lol... I don't either... I just thought it was funny :sorry: Sometimes, even I don't get me :(

The 90's - late 90's early 2000's: Chromium Age (Heard this before, not my idea)

and when one of the Big Three convert to exclusively digital (getting rid of print altogether), I think that will be the benchmark of the true Digital Age.

I like the word Chromium.

How about 'hologram' age lol

b39312fe-34aa-468b-a810-f60ab2584aa4.jpg

Adventures-of-Superman-505-00c.jpg

302526_090423143746_375_main.jpg

I like the word Chromium.

How about 'hologram' age lol

b39312fe-34aa-468b-a810-f60ab2584aa4.jpg

Adventures-of-Superman-505-00c.jpg

302526_090423143746_375_main.jpg

nah! Chromium!

Most of the ages currently used are metallurgical ages with the only exception of Atom Age. If the metallurgical age was still used then the next logical name for the 1993 - 2004 period would be Iron Age.

Anything from 2005 to present would move the Modern Age up to this period, until the next age is defined for this period.

In keeping with the Metallurgical aspects I suggest calling the Atom Age the Uranium Age!

Most of the ages currently used are metallurgical ages with the only exception of Atom Age. If the metallurgical age was still used then the next logical name for the 1993 - 2004 period would be Iron Age.

Anything from 2005 to present would move the Modern Age up to this period, until the next age is defined for this period.

In keeping with the Metallurgical aspects I suggest calling the Atom Age the Uranium Age!

Plutonium :sumo:

lol

I think 1968-1979 should be Space Age because of Russians and Americans competed each other for the space frontier.

I agreed Atom Age because of the atom bombs testings in those years.

Here are the list of metals that can be applied to any age:

Gold

Silver

Platinum

Bronze

Copper

Palladium

Aluminium

Foamed Aluminium

Bismuth

Brass

Cadmium

Chromium

Cast Iron

Lead

Magnesium

Mercury

Molybdenum

Nickel

Steel

High Tensile Steel

Tantalum

Tellurium

Tin

Titanium

Tungsten

Zinc

Fiction Metal: adamantium

The descriptions for all metals can be linked here.

1938-1945... Golden Age

1946-1955... Atom Age

1956-1967... Silver Age

1968-1979... Bronze Age

1980-1992... Copper Age

2005-Future... Culmination Age 2005-Future... Digital Age

1 small change.

:applause:

Surely a new Age needs to come from an Historical point of view, not just because we need to have one.

All the previous 'ages' came from something that changed the face of comics, not something that comics changed.

To list the date ranges of the ages is trivial, listing what delineates them is more important.

What occurred between 1990 and 2010 that stands as a marker of something that radically changed or improved comics?

(Out of curiosity, when was the first 'downloadable' comic made available at the same time as its paper equivalent? A comic that was available, for purchase, from a publisher. )

Cheers!

Surely a new Age needs to come from an Historical point of view, not just because we need to have one.

All the previous 'ages' came from something that changed the face of comics, not something that comics changed.

To list the date ranges of the ages is trivial, listing what delineates them is more important.

What occurred between 1990 and 2010 that stands as a marker of something that radically changed or improved comics?

(Out of curiosity, when was the first 'downloadable' comic made available at the same time as its paper equivalent? A comic that was available, for purchase, from a publisher. )

Cheers!

Maybe Paperless Age