• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Big "dislike" on the Apocalypse design. They failed. :(

Yeah. He looks weak.

The last couple movies have been really good though (best in the series), so I'll give it a watch.

Big "dislike" on the Apocalypse design. They failed. :(

Yeah. He looks weak.

The last couple movies have been really good though (best in the series), so I'll give it a watch.

The last X-Men movie was awesome, so I will give this Apocalypse design the benefit of the doubt.

How quickly people bail on a franchise that has already proven itself to be a winner.

I don't see anyone bailing. I'm certainly not.

Just commenting that Apocalypse looks like a wuss. :D

How quickly people bail on a franchise that has already proven itself to be a winner.

I don't see anyone bailing. I'm certainly not.

Just commenting that Apocalypse looks like a wuss. :D

lol

Yeah, but assuming Bryan Singer is going to put out a loser at this point when it comes to the villain. He's got a lot riding on this now if he is being lined up to lead the next Fantastic Four flowing into an X-Men/F4 crossover.

Singer has already made his bones. He doesn't care. I don't think he'll mail it in (I expect more from him), but he missed the mark on Apocalypse. Really, really poor casting on that one.

X-Men: Apocalypse Background Plot Details Revealed

Apocalypse picks up ten years after the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past timeline (the 1970s portions, not the grimdark future), with Professor X (James McAvoy), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) still estranged from one another. Their paths are forced back together when Apocalypse awakens in his tomb and, finding the 1980s era wanting, decides to give the world a forced evolutionary jumpstart.

“It’s a chaotic world of conflict and war and destruction,” Singer says. “It’s one giant civilization that now requires one giant culling. That’s why he needs ­special assistants in this process.”

Those assistants, his Four Horsemen, are mutants familiar to X-Men comics fan. Apocalypse finds Ororo Munro, a.k.a. Storm (Alexandra Shipp) on the streets of Cairo. Angel (Ben Hardy) is participating in a fight club in Berlin. Psylocke (Olivia Munn) is working in Eastern Europe for Caliban, a mutant power broker. The final Horseman is Magneto, who has been attempting to live a normal life in Poland with a woman he loves.

“He’s fallen in love and he’s basically left his metal ways behind,” Fassbender says. “Apocalypse finds Erik at a low ebb and recruits him.”

Singer has already made his bones. He doesn't care. I don't think he'll mail it in (I expect more from him), but he missed the mark on Apocalypse. Really, really poor casting on that one.

The character design doesn't match the general design I expected.

Apocalypse_Dialogue.png

And I really do want to see the character displayed as massive as he is in the comics. So I am hoping the photos are early shots that were done before any CGI adjustment of the actor's size.

90a618ce-2e44-4042-8fd1-c9497ae39471-144705.jpg
:cloud9: She looks like she stepped out of the comic. So why can't they do that for apocalypse?

I'm just hoping Apocalypse isn't saying things like he did in the cartoon…

Oh, c'mon, that "you shall pay for your hubris" line was GOLD! GOLD I TELLZ YA! :roflmao: