• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

I was talking to a friend of mine (who's a big x-men fan) and he got this idea that maybe that's Apocalypse's 1st stage mutation???

He mentioned that in the comics (late 90's early 2000) Marvel tried to give "secondary mutation" to some mutants. Like the diamond skin of Emma Frost, or cat-like reflex for Beast or Angel's healing blood.

it could be possible i guess, that this version of Apocalypse is just his "Wolf in sheep's clothing". That would make sense (I think).... If your recruiting mutants to your cause, you'd wanna put your best foot forward... then when it's time for battle.... you'd let the wolf out....

I hope he's right and this isn't the finished product. I really, really, really, really, hope so. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Or to keep Ron Perlman busy while waiting on Hellboy 3....

pizap-com14247451870971-3-actors-who-could-play-cable-for-the-deadpool-movie-jpeg-274751.jpg

Ron Perlman would have been perfect.

I was thinking yeah that could be badass, then I looked at that pic of cable and he has a baby in his belt. Wtf? lol

Hope Summer's, correct?

How quickly people bail on a franchise that has already proven itself to be a winner.

I don't see anyone bailing. I'm certainly not.

Just commenting that Apocalypse looks like a wuss. :D

lol

Yeah, but assuming Bryan Singer is going to put out a loser at this point when it comes to the villain. He's got a lot riding on this now if he is being lined up to lead the next Fantastic Four flowing into an X-Men/F4 crossover.

I have to say that I'm bailing on this until I see something different. This blows.

Finding the right look for Apocalypse was a group effort says Oscar Isaac

Oscar Isaac spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his costume:

"We had to do some adjustments here and there and be like, alright, maybe this is too alien, he also is someone who people would want to follow and not just be terrified of. So the balance, and then making sure that there’s some great elements from the comic but also making our own thing as well. In the comic, he generally is like 12 feet, 600 pounds."

The talented actor in question, Oscar Isaac, has been a fan of the X-Men since he was a kid and started collecting the comics right around the same time that Apocalypse first arrived on the scene.

"I grew up reading the comics and I actually collected X Factor when I was younger and that was when Apocalypse first showed up, and I was particularly freaked out with like the second coming and the end of the world, the apocalypse, so when there was a character that embodied that, and even from Sunday school, I remember the four horsemen and all that kind of imagery that’s still to this day some of the scariest imagery I can think of."

I'm hoping this is a sign they will get this right. Especially from the poster that was released at SDCC, it definitely doesn't have those alien dreadlocks coming down the sides.

tAhSkIt.png

Like someone said already, this is either an early reveal that will transform over the course of the movie, or a ruse to ease any of their concerns he is more villain that savior.

Evan Peters talks Quicksilver and X-Men: Apocalypse

While promoting his new indie flick “Safelight,” Peters speaking with MTV was asked about reprising his X-Men role in next summer’s "X-Men: Apocalypse," and if he’s feeling any pressure top his last performance.

“Well, yeah, it’s always difficult to try to top something like that,” he told us over the phone. “The special effects guys, man, they absolutely nailed that and did a fantastic job on it. This year we’re working on something that’s bigger and better, keeping the same elements that worked, then adding a few new ones. I’m really excited to see it all cut together, and I’m excited for people to see it, too. I think it’s going to be a really fun sequence in what is going to be a massive X-Men movie. The scope of it — with the end of the world and Apocalypse coming — is going to be a very large, epic ’X-Men’ film.”

Or to keep Ron Perlman busy while waiting on Hellboy 3....

pizap-com14247451870971-3-actors-who-could-play-cable-for-the-deadpool-movie-jpeg-274751.jpg

Ron Perlman would have been perfect.

I was thinking yeah that could be badass, then I looked at that pic of cable and he has a baby in his belt. Wtf? lol

Hope Summer's, correct?

Yea and that book was a pretty solid read too. I enjoyed a lot of the Messiah Complex actually.

Bryan Singer Confirms X-Men/Fantastic Four Crossover Plans

In a recent interview, Singer—who’s busy filming next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse—revealed that there’s been initial talks of a live-action X-Men and Fantastic Four crossover.

“Those ideas are in play,” he says. “That would be a natural match-up because they’re both ensemble films and there is a natural mechanism by which to do it.”

And what might that “natural mechanism” (using the term “natural liberally, given that it’s a comic boo universe) be? Why, time travel, of course!

“It deals with time,” Singer revealed in an interview with Yahoo Movies. “That’s all I’m going to say.”

I might be alone, but I saw the front cover for Entertainment and I got pumped!

Apocalypse-EWMag-HQ.jpg

Munn have never looked better!

(worship)

im excited. Ive learned not to get all pissy over what comic book charcters look like etc.. Could always be worse, they could not be making any of these movies at all.

im excited. Ive learned not to get all pissy over what comic book charcters look like etc.. Could always be worse, they could not be making any of these movies at all.

honestly it really depends on how well the movie was written and acted then how they look...

I mean take the recent Batman trilogy, the Batman costume got a lot of flack off these boards... Hell I was even talking trash about it. But those movies were pure GOLD!

The new X-men franchise is smoking and in great hands I can't wait!

Wally Reviews:

X-men First Class : 9 out of 10

X-men Days of Future : 9.5 out of 10

X-men Apocalypse : I'm praying for NO collapse on the final trilogy segment (like Spiderman 3 was), what a colossal meltdown! It's like Sam Raimi said F' It!

:banana:

Oscar Isaac spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his costume:

"We had to do some adjustments here and there and be like, alright, maybe this is too alien, he also is someone who people would want to follow and not just be terrified of.

So the balance, and then making sure that there’s some great elements from the comic but also making our own thing as well. In the comic, he generally is like 12 feet, 600 pounds."

I always get nervous when I hear actors and/or directors say stuff like this.

I don't want you to "make Apocalypse your own", I want you to make him like he is in the books.

Maybe I'm too picky (shrug)

As for casting choices, I always thought that Brian Thompson would have made a perfect Apocalypse.

3844081-xs2b.jpg