• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Can't believe you guys putting down a super hero movie when we only get a few new ones each year....so why not try to make the best of it and enjoy them all!! Would you rather have say Jurassic Park 6 (whatever the number is at now) than a so so super hero movie....seriously!!

It is the X-Men how could it not be at the bare minimum at least decent movie (Better than 95% of the movies that come out nowadays). They said the same stuff each time a movie came out almost....know what most of them where really good or at least simply good!!

Of course some critics want to say bad things they get paid to do that and they know people will read those comments over positive ones. Critics bahh lolll they expect every little detail to be perfect to their own little needs!! Enjoy the movie I know I will no matter the negative critics of a group of people that most likely are never happy about any movie!!

I'm all for making up your own mind...some of my favourite movies have bombed with the critics.

However, I don't like the 'love them simply because they're doing them' attitude.

Not only does that paint us geeks as rather undiscerning (true in some cases), but it also means that the studios should be able to thrown any old half-arsed garbage at us and we'll lap it up.

I don't see why superhero/comic book related films shouldn't be held to exactly the same standards as any other film. (shrug)

Agreed but no X-Men movie is OK with critics. That is non sens. People always want their favorite X-Men to have as much movie time as possible and that is not always the case then they just end up putting a negative comment on a whole movie....that also makes so sens. The X-Men are a team that have constant changes fans should know how to adapt. So what if my favorite X-Men gets less movie time I will still enjoy the movie because I love the X-Men in all their complexities. No super hero movie is perfect (although Ant-Man was pretty close in my opinion same goes for Guardian Of The Galaxies).

Edited by Hulk1962

Agreed but no X-Men movie is OK with critics. That is non sens. People always want their favorite X-Men to have as much movie time as possible and that is not always the case then they just end up putting a negative comment on a whole movie....that also makes so sens. The X-Men are a team that have constant changes fans should know how to adapt. So what if my favorite X-Men gets less movie time I will still enjoy the movie because I love the X-Men in all their complexities.

I doubt that any professional reviewer will publish a critical review simply because Panty Sniffer Boy didn't get enough air-time.

The fan-boys, though...yeah, they're probably right behind Panty Sniffer Boy.

Try making 10 people happy it is not going to happen imagine millions and millions of people. Never going to happen. Everyone has little needs that never end and each one of them wants his needs met that is simply insanity.

Seems lately there are much more negative comments than positive ones regarding new super hero movies people expect way way to much for a 2 hour long movie. I am not saying to be 100% happy about it but hey at least we have super hero movies in our generation....past generations never had it as good as we do now!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Can't believe you guys putting down a super hero movie when we only get a few new ones each year....so why not try to make the best of it and enjoy them all!! Would you rather have say Jurassic Park 6 (whatever the number is at now) than a so so super hero movie....seriously!!

It is the X-Men how could it not be at the bare minimum at least decent movie (Better than 95% of the movies that come out nowadays). They said the same stuff each time a movie came out almost....know what most of them where really good or at least simply good!!

Of course some critics want to say bad things they get paid to do that and they know people will read those comments over positive ones. Critics bahh lolll they expect every little detail to be perfect to their own little needs!! Enjoy the movie I know I will no matter the negative critics of a group of people that most likely are never happy about any movie!!

I'm all for making up your own mind...some of my favourite movies have bombed with the critics.

However, I don't like the 'love them simply because they're doing them' attitude.

Not only does that paint us geeks as rather undiscerning (true in some cases), but it also means that the studios should be able to thrown any old half-arsed garbage at us and we'll lap it up.

I don't see why superhero/comic book related films shouldn't be held to exactly the same standards as any other film. (shrug)

(worship) my thoughts exactly but sounds much better in the King's English

Edited by paperheart

Ah OK!! Like I said everyone wants their little needs met but in a world with billions of people that is just not real at all. You have to learn that otherwise you will never be happy!! And once you are OK with that (because it will never be any other way) you can simply enjoy things you would have not before.

Edited by Hulk1962

Can't say I'm surprised by the reviews. Although I've been entertained enough by most of the X movies, they've more and more strayed wildly from the source material. From the first preview you could tell this one would be the same.

Civil War swayed from the source material too, but you do not see anyone bashing it for doing so.

They're movies. There's always going to be some straying from the comics.

But X-men takes it next level. There are so many problems with switching powers and relationships, that at some point it's not really the X-men anymore, just names and likenesses.

Again, I've been reasonably entertained by the movies, but they've always had tons of problems. And if Civil War could do in two weeks what the last X-men did in total, clearly a lot of consumers agree.

The X-Men are never going to be as popular as The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man (He will be joining the Avengers team in up coming movies) and the rest of The Avenger members. The Avengers are much better known to people than X-Men members will ever be (Except for Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto).

Edited by Hulk1962

Agreed but no X-Men movie is OK with critics. That is non sens. People always want their favorite X-Men to have as much movie time as possible and that is not always the case then they just end up putting a negative comment on a whole movie....that also makes so sens. The X-Men are a team that have constant changes fans should know how to adapt. So what if my favorite X-Men gets less movie time I will still enjoy the movie because I love the X-Men in all their complexities. No super hero movie is perfect (although Ant-Man was pretty close in my opinion same goes for Guardian Of The Galaxies).

This comment makes no sense to me.

That's like saying you can't make any ensemble superhero film work because it's impossible to give enough screen time to folks' favorite character.

And yet Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy (and many say Civil War) did just that.

Why would X-Men be any different?

We've had at least 3 stellar X-Men films.

So why should we now settle for a mediocre one?

Canadian French. Why? Went to school in French my whole life but now work in both Canadian official languages.

Just curious. Have friends in France and always amused at how they handle my french lol

Only time in history where French ask to be addressed in English

Same.

If the audience doesn't draw the line we are going to get Batman & Robins, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeances, or bland Ant Man movies for the next ten years.

I do not feel it is a mediocre one at all to me it looks really good!! Imagine that we are only 2 people and we both can't be 100% happy.....try making millions of X-Men fans all happy at the same time. Impossible!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Same.

If the audience doesn't draw the line we are going to get Batman & Robins, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeances, or bland Ant Man movies for the next ten years.

Bland Ant-Man movie come on the movie has 4 1/2 star rating out of a possible 5 star rating....how much more do you think you will get out of that missing half star!!

Edited by Hulk1962

The X-Men are never going to be as popular as The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man (He will be joining the Avengers team in up coming movies) and the rest of The Avenger members. The Avengers are much better known to people than X-Men members will ever be (Except for Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto).

The X-Men, for a period of probably 20 years, were the most popular comic books characters on the planet. They outsold everybody, Marvel and DC both.

The reason that they aren't anymore has got a lot to do with the films, and the people who own the rights to the films.

Basically, Marvel gave away the rights to their top line characters - X-Men, Spidey and FF - and still managed to kick everybody's arses because they produced quality.

Nothing to do with popularity, everything to do with delivery.

Same.

Bland Ant-Man movie come on the movie has 4 1/2 star rating out of a possible 5 star rating....how much more do you think you will get out of that missing half star!!

Seriously?