• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

I am a huge Xmen fan and going into this completely skeptical.

I will probably catch it in theater, I've cooled enough to be curious about it.

I just hope we lead into Mr. Sinister somehow. He is the perfect lacky to Apocalypse, not Magneto.

I've stated earlier, Magneto really needs to let his colours shine. His power rivals Apocalypse's, or at least, it always seemed to me

In AoA, when Magneto kill's Apocalypse, I remember thinking that there was really no one else who could do it. It was completely perfect

I am a huge Xmen fan and going into this completely skeptical.

I will probably catch it in theater, I've cooled enough to be curious about it.

I just hope we lead into Mr. Sinister somehow. He is the perfect lacky to Apocalypse, not Magneto.

I've stated earlier, Magneto really needs to let his colours shine. His power rivals Apocalypse's, or at least, it always seemed to me

In AoA, when Magneto kill's Apocalypse, I remember thinking that there was really no one else who could do it. It was completely perfect

...and Magneto's quote he says during that:

"For 20 years you've gone on and on about how only the strong survive. Tell me again Apocalypse...just how strong you are."

Ouch. 18 reviews in on meta means it's gonna be a stinker critic wise. Trailers looked bad but Singer has made ok movies - seems odd to me to let reviews out 3 weeks early when they're not great.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 45%!

Rotten Tomatoes X-MEN ratings,

That means I will like it better than BvS!

:whistle:

Or......it goes to show how much sway Disney has over the sheeple that are critics. :devil:

Conspiracy theorists feel free to chime in now. lol

But all in all, Apocalypse is a third-tier X-Men movie that arrives at a time when studios and filmmakers who traffic in spandex need to be at the top of their game. We know all of the clichés and all of the tropes too well at this point to settle for place-holding mediocrity. We know the difference between an instant classic and a dog. Apocalypse isn’t quite a dog. But it is a movie with way too much of everything except the things that should matter the most—novelty, creativity, and fun.

Ouch.

Can't say I'm surprised by the reviews. Although I've been entertained enough by most of the X movies, they've more and more strayed wildly from the source material. From the first preview you could tell this one would be the same.

Can't imagine there's not at least a bit of truth to Mendelson's review when he goes so far as to say:

"It is a lifeless and hollow shell of a picture, lacking exciting action, strong character interplay, or compelling storytelling. It is the nadir of the franchise, determined to make you apologize for every mean thing you’ve ever said about Brett Ratner’s rushed X-Men trilogy capper a decade ago. X-Men: The Last Stand is X2: X-Men United compared to X-Men: Apocalypse."

and:

"I won’t outright say that this is the worst X-Men film ever made because X-Men Origins: Wolverine is still that bad." but

"X-Men: Apocalypse is the kind of weightless, soulless trifle of a bore that makes comic book superhero movies look bad"

Can't believe you guys putting down a super hero movie when we only get a few new ones each year....so why not try to make the best of it and enjoy them all!! Would you rather have say Jurassic Park 6 (whatever the number is at now) than a so so super hero movie....seriously!!

It is the X-Men how could it not be at the bare minimum at least decent movie (Better than 95% of the movies that come out nowadays). They said the same stuff each time a movie came out almost....know what most of them where really good or at least simply good!!

Of course some critics want to say bad things they get paid to do that and they know people will read those comments over positive ones. Critics bahh lolll they expect every little detail to be perfect to their own little needs!! Enjoy the movie I know I will no matter the negative critics of a group of people that most likely are never happy about any movie!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Exactly listening to critics when you are a grown person give me a break (Use your own critical thinking that is why we have a brain and forget about other peoples influences)....we all know it is a state of mind how we fell about a movie....some days we like a movie some days we do not like it as much and some days we can't stand it.

Edited by Hulk1962

Can't say I'm surprised by the reviews. Although I've been entertained enough by most of the X movies, they've more and more strayed wildly from the source material. From the first preview you could tell this one would be the same.

Civil War swayed from the source material too, but you do not see anyone bashing it for doing so.

This sounds like exactly the kind of movie one needs to judge in person...I'm seeing strong reviews and weak ones from critics I've learned to trust! :slapfight:

Will definitely see it in the theater.

Dan