• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

I'm all for making up your own mind...some of my favourite movies have bombed with the critics.

However, I don't like the 'love them simply because they're doing them' attitude.

Not only does that paint us geeks as rather undiscerning (true in some cases), but it also means that the studios should be able to thrown any old half-arsed garbage at us and we'll lap it up.

I don't see why superhero/comic book related films shouldn't be held to exactly the same standards as any other film. (shrug)

(worship) my thoughts exactly but sounds much better in the King's English

Same.

If the audience doesn't draw the line we are going to get Batman & Robins, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeances, or bland Ant Man movies for the next ten years.

Bland Ant-Man movie come on the movie has 4 1/2 star rating out of a possible 5 star rating....how much more do you think you will get out of that missing half star!!

Seriously?

Yes seriously very few critics on the Ant-Man movie compared to other movies.

The X-Men are never going to be as popular as The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man (He will be joining the Avengers team in up coming movies) and the rest of The Avenger members. The Avengers are much better known to people than X-Men members will ever be (Except for Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto).

The X-Men, for a period of probably 20 years, were the most popular comic books characters on the planet. They outsold everybody, Marvel and DC both.

The reason that they aren't anymore has got a lot to do with the films, and the people who own the rights to the films.

Basically, Marvel gave away the rights to their top line characters - X-Men, Spidey and FF - and still managed to kick everybody's arses because they produced quality.

Nothing to do with popularity, everything to do with delivery.

I guess for people who are not true X-Men fans movies can make or break their alliance....but not for real X-Men fans.

The X-Men are never going to be as popular as The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man (He will be joining the Avengers team in up coming movies) and the rest of The Avenger members. The Avengers are much better known to people than X-Men members will ever be (Except for Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto).

The X-Men, for a period of probably 20 years, were the most popular comic books characters on the planet. They outsold everybody, Marvel and DC both.

The reason that they aren't anymore has got a lot to do with the films, and the people who own the rights to the films.

Basically, Marvel gave away the rights to their top line characters - X-Men, Spidey and FF - and still managed to kick everybody's arses because they produced quality.

I guess for people who are not true X-Men fans movies can make or break their alliance....but not for real X-Men fans.

I suppose the only conclusion I can draw from that is that...X-Men 'fans' are easily pleased by any old nonsense. hm

I suppose the only conclusion I can draw from that is that...X-Men 'fans' are easily pleased by any old nonsense. hm

Must be. I thoroughly enjoyed the 90's story arcs like Phalanx Convenant, Age of Apocalypse, Onslaught and Fatal Attractions

What kinda is that? X-men have always been my favorite in the comics. If anything, X fans should be more discerning. I'm not gonna like a mediocre movie because I'm just supposed to. That's just retarded.

''old nonsense'' to you but not to me. Again not everyone is going to be happy. That is life.

What kinda is that? X-men have always been my favorite in the comics. If anything, X fans should be more discerning. I'm not gonna like a mediocre movie because I'm just supposed to. That's just retarded.

Complain about it....do not enjoy it either way you are going to get the movie they are going to release....so mine as well try to make the best of it.

I will just leave at that some will enjoy it while others will not like everything else in life.

Edited by Hulk1962

You know what? You convinced me. I've decided not to waste my money on this afterall. I'll get my buddy to rent it and watch it on his dime

Well, it won't get just get one star I figure. It does have Jennifer Lawrence in it, so with the "Jennifer Lawrence" rule, I'll award it another star. So, it's halfway there to four stars and I havent even seen it yet, other than it's ho-hum preview. (thumbs u

Well, it won't get just get one star I figure. It does have Jennifer Lawrence in it, so with the "Jennifer Lawrence" rule, I'll award it another star. So, it's halfway there to four stars and I havent even seen it yet, other than it's ho-hum preview. (thumbs u

You see positive thinking can go a long way!!

He was being sarcastic, not positive. :baiting:

Oh well let him be happy about being unhappy about the new X-Men movie....he has the right to unhappiness just like anyone else!!

Oh well let him be happy about being unhappy about the new X-Men movie....he has the right to unhappiness just like anyone else!!

I've got to ask. Is this Adrian or Jason in Gatineau?

No I live in Vancouver (since 2006). Who are those 2 people you mentioned what do they have to do with this topic?
Not important. Thought the X-Men 1 in your sig looked familiar & then you mentioned you were french Canadian, so I thought I'd ask.

Guys - can we keep this on point? Comments, wants and hopes about the movie. The pointless back and forth and get to know you posts make me want to drop the thread from Watch Topics.

X-men fans or not just watch the movie and make up your own mind. Critics won't always be right or the norm, especially with Comic Book Movies.....