• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

i think is going to end between $600 - $700 million.

No way Jose.

It will be lucky if it gets to $600.

-J.

It really depends. It's doing much better Internationally. I'd say it brings in about 160+ million domestic & between 400 - 450 International depending on how well it does in China (probably 120+). I don't think it can earn much more than 600 though.

Seems like most movies are doing below expectations this year. I'm not just talking about Superhero fatigue either, it seems to be hitting all genres. They're just coming out with too many movies in too short a time frame & pulling them from theaters faster than ever before. BvS for example, is coming to DVD just 12 weeks after it's debut. We use to wait around 5 months.

maybe, but if there's something unique or great the audiences are there: Deadpool, Jungle Book, Zootopia - all huge outperformers.

The domestic and international predictions right now.

BOX OFFICE MOJO: Apocalypse Predictions

X-Men: Apocalypse finished in second with an estimated $22.3 million, a 66% drop from its opening weekend, much steeper than expected and is now likely to find the film finishing somewhere in the range of $160-165 million domestically. For some perspective, that's just over where the first X-Men film finished back in 2000, is right around where X-Men: Days of Future Past was after just ten days in release, where Deadpool was at after just five days and less than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice made in its opening weekend.

Internationally, however, X-Men: Apocalypse is delivering. The film brought in an estimated $84.4 million this weekend, which includes an estimated $59 million in China, the second largest Fox opening in China behind only the Titanic re-release and $20 million more than Days of Future Past opened with. The film's international total is now up to $286 million, bringing its global cume to just over $400 million, currently placing it within the top ten for 2016. Should this trend continue, Apocalypse would end somewhere around $650 million globally, which is about $100 million less than Days of Future Past.

Days of Future past opened to $39.4 MM in China, so Apocalypse surpassed that for a major market. I didn't realize until now First Class never even made it to the Chinese box office which definitely had an overall impact on the worldwide total.

$160-$165 domestic and $400-$425 MM international?

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice in this movie the uncanny striking resemblance between Sophie Turner/Jean Grey

bWSaDv9.jpg

and this guy?

JJBTdY6.jpg

Hadn't noticed it before, but definitely an uncanny similarity. :grin: I Googled it and apparently people have been pointing this out for years and she agrees with the resemblance.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice in this movie the uncanny striking resemblance between Sophie Turner/Jean Grey

bWSaDv9.jpg

and this guy?

JJBTdY6.jpg

Hadn't noticed it before, but definitely an uncanny similarity. :grin: I Googled it and apparently people have been pointing this out for years and she agrees with the resemblance.

I'm glad she agrees, because it is a very close resemblance... but she could just mess with people when they ask her that and pretend to cry, "Do you really want to hurt me?"

I think it will top out closer to $600 million worldwide.

I feel this will end up ending its run quickly & with a whimper as the biggest indication of "superhero fatigue" yet.

My totally unscientific proof point? I'm a huge X-Men fan & couldn't be roused to see it in its first 10 days of release. - Just really not excited for this film the way I was for all five of the prior ones.

And it's weird - how did we get to a point where the X-Men movies are playing fourth fiddle behind Avengers movies, Iron Man movies and Captain America movies?

X-Men, Batman, and Spider-Man were the gold standard trio of comic book titles in my youth (late '80s - mid '90s) and yet this latest X-Men film already seems to be fading from public consciousness less than two weeks in.

That it seems poised to do less well domestically than Ant-Man boggles my mind.

I kept wincing at the dialogue in this baby. Pretty shoddy stuff. Should have made it a TV movie.

If Quicksilver is grabbing people and carrying them faster than an explosion can propagate he has killed them I am afraid. He also cannot drink a soda in the midst of this because water takes time to fall down his throat by gravity. I know it's just a comic book movie but the willing suspension of disbelief has to end somewhere. Otherwise why not just have Unicorns appear whenever they need to be rescued and have them making pizza out of rocks when they are hungry.

You know it's a movie when a group of people gets knocked out and they all wake up at the same time. You can almost hear the director shouting OK EVERYONE START SLOWLY GETTING UP! ACTION!

yawn

You know it's a movie when a group of people gets knocked out and they all wake up at the same time. You can almost hear the director shouting OK EVERYONE START SLOWLY GETTING UP! ACTION!

yawn

I bet you they all looked over and said...

EX6CxRV.gif

yup

man if I ever make a movie it's gonna be so realistic everyone's gonna say wow that really happened!!!

All Scott has to do is look at someone and they explode but the incompetent dolt still can't defeat anyone.

If Quicksilver is grabbing people and carrying them faster than an explosion can propagate he has killed them I am afraid. He also cannot drink a soda in the midst of this because water takes time to fall down his throat by gravity. I know it's just a comic book movie but the willing suspension of disbelief has to end somewhere. Otherwise why not just have Unicorns appear whenever they need to be rescued and have them making pizza out of rocks when they are hungry.
I know, it was way too drawn out. When I saw Quicksilver jump on that table mid air & time kept moving slowly while it was gliding through the air, I just rolled my eyes & said, "come on". :eyeroll:

Right?

Is he also invulnerable? Because if he is punching apocalypse at about 10,000 mph well that should pretty much turn his entire arm into splattering mass of jell-o.

kav, how is it that you say all those things are impossible, yet you talk like Quicksilver can actually run that fast? It's a comic book movie. You have to suspend your beliefs. There are no persons with super powers. It's fantasy. Not real. At all.

Having said that, I thought the movie was so-so.