• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

i took my folks to see this today (my mother is a huge fan of the xmen movies) we all enjoyed it.

my favorite part was during the battle with apocalypse when my mother leaned over to me and asked "when is logan going to get here and help out?" lol i love you mom!

anyhow, a very entertaining movie and a great addition to the series.

I liked it a lot. a friend and I were conspiracy thinking today about all the negative build up to the movie.

we were wondering how much pull the house of mouse has on reviewers seeing as it seems anything not marvel get mixed reviews at best.

I liked it a lot. a friend and I were conspiracy thinking today about all the negative build up to the movie.

we were wondering how much pull the house of mouse has on reviewers seeing as it seems anything not marvel get mixed reviews at best.

Hogwash.

I think the critics just have refined taste & can separate good from mediocre from bad.

Case in point: they gushed over Deadpool, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Batman '89, etc.

And I haven't checked lately but I'm fairly certain Spider-Man 2 & X-Men 2 are each considered the best of their respective franchises, & with good reason.

Here Occam's Razor dictates that maybe the critics (gasp!) recognize quality, regardless of the studio that produced it.

This movie was a big borefest, You sit there for 2 21/2 hours waiting for something happen and it never does, None of these characters really did anything. The same writer that wrote the Fantastic Four movie also wrote this, Big Red Flag, Glad I found $10 on the side of the road, I took at and saw this. I might has of well thrown that $10 bill and threw it in the waste basket where I found it.

Hogwash.

I think the critics just have refined taste & can separate good from mediocre from bad.

Case in point: they gushed over Deadpool, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Batman '89, etc.

And I haven't checked lately but I'm fairly certain Spider-Man 2 & X-Men 2 are each considered the best of their respective franchises, & with good reason.

Here Occam's Razor dictates that maybe the critics (gasp!) recognize quality, regardless of the studio that produced it.

I don't disagree with you at all, but I do feel the need to point out that Marvel Studios as we know it today wasn't around to compete with any of those movies except Deadpool. :foryou:

It was a dud. Standard type 2 villain-the humorless omnipotent wants to rule the world guy.

Bad superhero films have either type one villain-wisecracking smart aleck Joker type dude or the standard type 2 villain. Cardboard cut outs is what they are.

This movie was a big borefest, You sit there for 2 21/2 hours waiting for something happen and it never does, None of these characters really did anything. The same writer that wrote the Fantastic Four movie also wrote this, Big Red Flag, Glad I found $10 on the side of the road, I took at and saw this. I might has of well thrown that $10 bill and threw it in the waste basket where I found it.

lol lol lol lol lol

:banana: Chris

It is definitely a slow roll at the House of F right now with Apocalypse.

XH1oWqQ.png

5PB4E7R.png

Still, at least it has surpassed 2.5x on the Revenue Ratio. But compared to the latest X movies, anything about 3.Xx fits the norm.

Bryan Singer Releases BTS Look At Weapon X Scene From X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

X-Men: Apocalypse's Bryan Singer has released a behind-the-scenes look at Weapon X's (Hugh Jackman) brutal rampage through the Alkali Lake base. Is this scene key to Wolverine's third solo film?

Moving forward, perhaps the X-Men universe will be more connected than anyone thinks? Most assumed the end credits stinger teasing Mr.Sinister (Nathaniel Essex) was a look ahead at what's next for the main, X-Men cinematic universe. But with the rumors that Sinister creates X-23 and then Wolverine and Professor X rescues her, it appears Singer was setting up James Mangold's Weapon X film all along. Perhaps Sinister sends The Reavers (the rumored villains of the Weapon X film) after Wolverine to recover X-23?

Of course, this is just unconfirmed fan speculation at this early stage so take any rumors about Hugh Jackman purported final X-Men film with a grain of salt. Regardless, as evidenced in the behind-the-scenes look below Fox is definitely heavily invested in Wolverine's time in the Weapon X program.

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo1_500.gif

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo4_500.gif

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo2_500.gif

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo3_500.gif

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo5_500.gif

tumblr_o7rp38hbd61qbwrnuo6_500.gif

Nope, not that. But still a fun scene.

Just got back, and was pleased with this film.

- Theater was about 30% full still, and the crowd seemed into it with laughs and yells.

- Loved how they went for the comic book details and the breadth of characters.

- That crying scene - wow! Other people cried - not me. :shy:

- Apocalypse served his purpose in empowering his Horsemen, so not sure what people wanted from him.

- People are not kidding about Quicksilver stealing screen time again. Fantastic!

- Psylocke should have had more screen time; especially after all that training.

- Weapon X scene was really cool!

- Not as solid as Days of Future Past. But still a lot of fun.

- The first time I snuck in a post-credit scene filming. WEAPON X! :blush:

- Overall, 8.0/10.0 rating.

:whee:

X-men: Apocalypse is slowly working towards $500 MM worldwide. By the time it is released in Japan, that will probably put it over the top.

aXSZ5iF.png

oZXmbJA.png

Remaining release dates:

Japan - 11 August 2016

My wife and kids took me to the movie this afternoon for Father's Day. We all enjoyed the film. My daughter liked it the most. The reason - the strong female characters. She said she likes the X-Men movies better than the Avengers franchise as a result of this, which is an area that Fox should continue to exploit just like WB can with Wonder Woman.

Both of my kids (10 and 12) also said they liked the fact that the X-Men characters/movies are not as simple as the other Marvel movies. lol

Edited by kimik

I enjoyed it. Better then DOFP, and maybe a smidge less then First Class. Overall, a solid B-.

No interest in seeing it again in the theatre, but will certainly watch it on Blu-Ray or when FX starts playing the heck of it in two years.

Just got back, and was pleased with this film.

- Theater was about 30% full still, and the crowd seemed into it with laughs and yells.

- Loved how they went for the comic book details and the breadth of characters.

- That crying scene - wow! Other people cried - not me. :shy:

- Apocalypse served his purpose in empowering his Horsemen, so not sure what people wanted from him.

- People are not kidding about Quicksilver stealing screen time again. Fantastic!

- Psylocke should have had more screen time; especially after all that training.

- Weapon X scene was really cool!

- Not as solid as Days of Future Past. But still a lot of fun.

- The first time I snuck in a post-credit scene filming. WEAPON X! :blush:

- Overall, 8.0/10.0 rating.

:whee:

Finally saw it tonight!

I really enjoyed it - completely agree with ALL your points my man :headbang:

Such great casting in these movies imho.

Quicksilver was once again superb!

Can't wait for next one! :cloud9: