• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Great Reason to NEVER buy a PGX Book or deal with them

141 posts in this topic

There was a little girl,

Who had a little curl,

Right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good,

She was very good indeed,

But when she was bad she was horrid.

-HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

That's a nice curley-Q.

120153.jpg

59xkg.jpg

These are supposed to be of the same guy?

I have asked that question before too. I did not get an answer.

Doesn't really look like Brady Galore (DJBrady4u) either. Maybe if Brady grew long hair and an beard...

I suppose people can gain (a lot) of weight, grow their hair long and not update their FB page, IDK.

So perhaps a dumb question, but WHY can't this guy be stopped? Does he own PGX? What exactly is up with this dirtbag? I'd be great if we could find some way to actually stop this.

The problem I see is that even if we could PROVE fraud, I have a hard time believing law enforcement would take something like this seriously.

Anyone with law enforcement background care to weigh-in?

for all newbies who get angry at the old timers on occasion-this type of public service, which they perform constantly, outweighs the tendency to snipe at people sometimes....thanks guys. Before discovering this forum I wouldn't have hesitated to buy a PGX book....if somehow this info was posted in ebay listings for CGC books, maybe word would spread among eBay....

ya know, I tried PGX and CGC at the same time. I must say that PGX was spot on with the grades IMO. Their slab seems a little "tighter" and does stack better than cgc. However the hand lettered addy label on the package my books were returned in and the 1/2" long hair that had been encapsulated with my book kinda turned me off. I mean seriously, let's wear a hairnet.

CGC just appears more professional. They have their spoon together more or less, and the ethical concerns are far less.

I will not say I'll 'never' buy a PGX book, but it has to be returnable and/or price has to be amazingly good.

for all newbies who get angry at the old timers on occasion-this type of public service, which they perform constantly, outweighs the tendency to snipe at people sometimes....thanks guys. Before discovering this forum I wouldn't have hesitated to buy a PGX book....if somehow this info was posted in ebay listings for CGC books, maybe word would spread among eBay....

This newbie would like to +1 this post & also say thanks...a year ago I had never used ebay & had never heard of CGC..then I had to move my Mom & found my old collection in her basement & got back into the hobby...wow has it changed since the 80's & reading this board & threads like this have taught me a lot & I am sure saved me from making a few mistakes...thanks again "old timers" & I am now off to hoard all the CGC 0.5's I can find for the "0.5 is more rare than 10.0" run I am SURE that walking dead book will start...

Edited by Steve71

So something came over me and I decided to write PGX and ask them about all the articles refering to their unethical practices. I was asked to give them a call as it would be "difficult to provide great info through an email" regarding this.

It looks like there will not be a paper trail, but I will be giving them a call later on today and report back.

Anyone have anything else they want me to specifically ask? I'll be referring to their trimming of books and this lovely person_too_unaware_of_social_graces as well.

Recording a conversation without express consent is illegal, and I would never suggest anyone engage in illegal activities.

If you choose that course, however, I won't castigate you.

-slym

It depends on the jurisdiction, some states permit recorded conversations to be used as evidence in a proceeding where only one party was aware of the recording, and others require that both parties be aware of the recording for it to be admissible. I'm not aware of laws that make the act of recording the conversation illegal, however, just whether it can be used as evidence or not. There might be, but I don't know.

Recording a conversation without express consent is illegal, and I would never suggest anyone engage in illegal activities.

-slym

I thought if they called you, you don't need consent?

It depends on the jurisdiction, some states permit recorded conversations to be used as evidence in a proceeding where only one party was aware of the recording, and others require that both parties be aware of the recording for it to be admissible. I'm not aware of laws that make the act of recording the conversation illegal, however, just whether it can be used as evidence or not. There might be, but I don't know.

Thank you for looking out for us not in on the lawyering.

(thumbs u

-slym

I thought if they called you, you don't need consent?

On legal counsel, I advise you to check both your local laws and the ones in Oregon where PGX is based.

-slym

Ask PGX this --- would you consider a 3rd party audit of your business then make the recommended changes the auditor suggests and do this every year for 10 years till trust in your company is restored

--------

:)

Edited by gyro-1