• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Great Reason to NEVER buy a PGX Book or deal with them

141 posts in this topic

Ah, remember how young and naive we all were over at STLComics' site?

:(

-slym

And ComicsPriceGuide before that. :eek:

PGX played to a lot of online communities early on. Understanding competition would be good for the hobby, boards extended them every courtesy. As dots were slowly and consistently connected, all that quickly soured.

It's really a pity. Genuine competition would've added that 'earn your business' element to way encapsulation evolved.

Hey, at least he's actually getting the signatures. I'm suprised that he doesn't just save the money and sign them himself. :D

Desertwind was at the show doing the witnessing for CGC. I have no idea if they do it/did it for the PGX books or not. Only they would know. If they didn't, then it appears PGX needs no witness. (shrug)

They don't (eg. PGX) - I've witnessed Ryan Elliott get books signed all by his lonesome at numerous shows and then seen them show up on eBay in PGX "signature" slabs.

At ECCC I noticed him buying 3 raw copies of Peter Panzerfaust #1 all of which I'd looked at too - none of the copies were better than a 9.4, with one being a solid VF/NM. I then saw him getting them signed by Kurtis Wiebe. All three books were posted on eBay as PGX 9.8s a couple of days later.

They don't (eg. PGX) - I've witnessed Ryan Elliott get books signed all by his lonesome at numerous shows and then seen them show up on eBay in PGX "signature" slabs.

At ECCC I noticed him buying 3 raw copies of Peter Panzerfaust #1 all of which I'd looked at too - none of the copies were better than a 9.4, with one being a solid VF/NM. I then saw him getting them signed by Kurtis Wiebe. All three books were posted on eBay as PGX 9.8s a couple of days later.

Hey, at least he's actually getting the signatures. I'm suprised that he doesn't just save the money and sign them himself. :D

There was a thread on some sig board discussing whether some of the Stan Lee autos were authentic. And, yes, Ryan Elliott witnesses his own sigs along with grading his own books. If he says otherwise, he's full of it. He certainly seems to get those books back fast. Oddly enough, Elliott had actually posted at one time on his FB page, "I hate all liars and thieves." :screwy:

OMG - That's Ryan Elliot!

lol

I've seen that guy at so many cons picking out books next to me and getting stuff signed - always wondered where his witness was. He bought a bunch of Southern Nightgowns at WW Chicago which were then signed by EBAS & J.P. Roth

None of those books I looked at looked like 9.9 or 10.0 due to print run. Then, all of a sudden, there are PGX 10.0s on eBay. J.P. Roth showed me one he gave her and no way was it a 10.0.

What a joke.

Most recently he was sitting behind me at restaurant at WW Austin. Me and boardie Kevlar were trying to figure out who he was.