• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Crowzilla said:
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink sale today (likely prearranged sale, didn't even see it listed with open offer)

Much, much better deal than taking a chance on the brittle page book

Definitely pretty much a steal of a deal in comparison at $250K or only $4K more for a book with much better PQ that is not going to be disintegrating on you anytime soon.  :applause:

so what's the over/under on this unrestored 0.5 on Heritage? I mean, it is a pedigree. does is end up more than the last 0.5 copy?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/batman-1-harold-curtis-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-pr-05-off-white-pages/a/7244-94018.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

On 5/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, szav said:

Will be interesting to see how much of a jump on prices we see for purple label restored copies amidst this recent big upswing in blue label prices of all grades.  Last couple have gone for 35-40k.   One at HA now

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-apparent-vg-fn-50-moderate-a-3-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7244-94019.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515

Already at $46.8k. Wonder how high it’ll go. Very nice looking moderate professional 5.0

On 6/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, thedude said:

so what's the over/under on this unrestored 0.5 on Heritage? I mean, it is a pedigree. does is end up more than the last 0.5 copy?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/batman-1-harold-curtis-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-pr-05-off-white-pages/a/7244-94018.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

I doubt the pedigree had a factor in final price but yes it went for more even with the tape. $57,600 with fees. 

32 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

I doubt the pedigree had a factor in final price but yes it went for more even with the tape. $57,600 with fees. 

Yep, quite a big jump in price from the other .5 copy that sold 2 months ago in April.

7 hours ago, Monsters-n-heroes said:

My craptastic entry into the Batman #1 club arrived today ... all the way from Australia in a bubble mailer :insane:  ... I am more than happy to start trying to piece this together if I can trade for a first and last page sometime down the road and then eventually have Kenny leafcast the corners back on, it will clean up ok. The burn goes right up to the art only on a few pages apparently since there is nothing on the label about "slightly affects art" etc ...

10 years ago I wouldn't have even kept really any coverless book, now I am all excited to find them! :bigsmile:

batman#1ebayfront.jpg

batman#1ebayrear.jpg

That’s awesome! Great splash page too! This is a HUGE grail of mine and I hope to get it one day. 

Edited by Terry_JSA

40 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Any hammer guesses on the Bats 1 6.5 Blue coming up for auction at Heritage ?

3 months ago CC's 8.0 went for 1.2 million.  My guess would be $700k for a 6.5.  I don't think the crypto guys were onboard yet, so really its who the heck knows.  I guess we will soon know if a Bat 1 brings em out like the Promise Collection did.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-fn-65-off-white-pages/p/7246-55006.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

pic :popcorn:

Couldn’t get a satisfactory iPhone pic, and I haven’t yet dragged out my scanner(which is the size of a small refrigerator).

CGC will scan your book for a nominal fee, but I’m still waiting for them to send me the link. But truth to tell, there’s not much difference from the original scan