• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, thedude said:

Is that a good or a low price for a restored 7.5 copy, I don't know.

Let me put it this way, when I saw what it hammered for, I soiled the bed so hard I broke the box springs

Edited by batman_fan

On 9/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, thedude said:
On 9/1/2021 at 4:50 AM, Gotham Kid said:

wow !

Is that a good or a low price for a restored 7.5 copy, I don't know.

Highest price ever paid for a restored Bats1, by far.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:10 PM, szav said:

Sigh.  Just, by request, give it the blue label grade it would get (in this case maybe 5.0) if it was CT scraped please without actually doing the removal.  No reason other than a couple extra bucks to actually deface the book and turn it ugly.  Shame.  Shame.  Shame.

Or just treat it like additional damage and grade it harshly, point out where the CT is, anything but encouraging people to remove portions of the book itself.  Just don't get how it is supposed to be more desirable with pieces of the book gone instead of letting them remain and treating the color touch like ink instead of polonium.   

Edited by bluechip

On 8/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dark Knight said:

I think $150k for the 2.0 is roughly fmv..  I've had my copy now for over 9 years and still loving it :whee: 

With HA 2.0 selling for $222k, would FMV be $200k ish now? Does the white pages offset the tape?

On that 2.0? Can we talk about that a minute?

our collective shock and awe has so far been confined to a thread with “Heritage” in the title, so I think it appropriate we take the matter up here. I think everyone on this thread already values Bat 1 highly, but still.

$220k for a 2.0? 

is this a bubble? Is this sustainable? What is the future for Bat 1?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 9/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

our collective shock and awe has so far been confined to a thread with “Heritage” in the title, so I think it appropriate we take the matter up here. I think everyone on this thread already values Bat 1 highly, but still.

$220k for a 2.0? 

Not all 2.0's are created equal as you know--this is one such 2.0.  that being said Bats 1 is still on fire 

On 9/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

$220k for a 2.0? 

(worship)