• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m sure you mean with cover, but I’ve been watching a coverless complete blue label Bat 1 sit on the bay for $28k. Not mine. It’s priced about triple the last sale of a coverless blue label, but I’m actually a bit surprised it hasn’t sold.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164702260365

This book is practically begging to be cracked open and broken up.  (and I see a coverless sale a year ago for $16K, so this isn't even close to triple)

Edited by Crowzilla
coverless sale update

8 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

This book is practically begging to be cracked open and broken up.  (and I see a coverless sale a year ago for $16K, so this isn't even close to triple)

It feels like blasphemy to think about. You and I would never want to be part of that. The good news is I did do some math on it and do not think the payoff will get anyone else to do it either. Especially not at $28k.

2 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It feels like blasphemy to think about. You and I would never want to be part of that. The good news is I did do some math on it and do not think the payoff will get anyone else to do it either. Especially not at $28k.

I'm not so sure about that.

This page just sold for $810

Image 1 - BATMAN #1 1940 CGC 32nd Page ONLY Restored 1st Appearance of JOKER & Death PG!

and this page sold for $1800

Image 01 - BATMAN #1 CGC NG ( PG single page ) First Joker & Catwoman 1940 Grail Page 6

Not wraps. Pages. We already know the first Joker splash has sold over $6K before. There is one more Joker splash plus 12 more pages. I think you get $25K out of the joker pages and origin page easy. Then you have the Catwoman story and monster story to go.

20 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Image 1 - BATMAN #1 1940 CGC 32nd Page ONLY Restored 1st Appearance of JOKER & Death PG!

Image 01 - BATMAN #1 CGC NG ( PG single page ) First Joker & Catwoman 1940 Grail Page 6

Not wraps. Pages. We already know the first Joker splash has sold over $6K before. There is one more Joker splash plus 12 more pages. I think you get $25K out of the joker pages and origin page easy. Then you have the Catwoman story and monster story to go.

:ohnoez:

On 4/29/2021 at 11:52 PM, Crowzilla said:

Wow! I have 2 single pages around somewhere. Didn't realize they were going for that much.

So, a legit bump for this here thread:

a beautiful 4.0 Bat 1 closes on c-link in 8 hours. 200K currently. Any guesstimates on where it will hammer out?

With the Disney-buying-DC rumour out there and picking up steam, the Bat property could go ballistic if realized. Will this push up final hammer?

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

a beautiful 4.0 Bat 1 closes on c-link in 8 hours. 200K currently. Any guesstimates on where it will hammer out?

With the Disney-buying-DC rumour out there and picking up steam, the Bat property could go ballistic if realized. Will this push up final hammer?

That rumor a load of :censored:. The FTC would not let it go through.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/mergers

Edited by D84
Added a link to the Federal Trade Commission on mergers.

2 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Now sitting at $210K. I'll say it finishes just north of $260K.