• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Harold you should know by now that "regret" is my middle name.  And no, comics are not yet done with me

Great Caesars Ghost !!   That's your book ??!!!  You picked the right time to move the Bats over the Cap if you were going to decide to sell for max $ amount that's for sure !  I'll be rooting you on as the auction nears it's end.  

On 2/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hey ya Harold. You noticed! Never thought I’d let go of it, but it’s time to help my daughter buy a house. Feels like I’m cutting off a hand, but family first.

Sadly, with the way the real estate market is flying right now, it's pretty much the Bank of Mom & Dad if your kids ever hope to buy a home of their own.  :(

It's definitely family first when it comes to these gut wrenching tough choices and shows just how great of a parent you are when it comes to crunch time. Depending upon where your daughter is looking to buy a house, I guess the proceeds will either be going hopefully towards a good portion of the cost of the house or if not, at least a good portion of the down payment for her dream home.  (thumbsu

Will definitely be cheering your book on as your copy of Bat 1 closes in a couple of short weeks from now.  Perfect timing for this book with how red hot the entire  collectibles marketplace has been with the pandemic and now coupled this with the long awaited release of the new Batman movie later this week which certainly can't hurt either.  :applause:

On 3/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, I am not Glenda said:

From what I understand the owner is AFA guy Tom Derby who also bought the promise Captain America #1, he is not a comic guy and bought them to resell them so I think the listing is legit.

What is AFA?

i already thought the Cap 1 buyer was a newbie, paying that money for a book with rusty staples.  I’d like to know who is advising him

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/4/2022 at 3:37 PM, Crowzilla said:

Don't know if the buyer of the Promise copy of Bat 1 was common knowledge, but I saw a pop-up ad today by one of the Sharktank guys promoting it over at another fractional share place.

It's "only" got a 20% mark-up from the sale price of 4 months ago.

https://www.startengine.com/batman1

Took a look at this link to the startengine website and they clearly make Rally Road look like PHD material compared to this kindergarten outfit.  :facepalm:

On 3/4/2022 at 8:37 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What is AFA?

i already thought the Cap 1 buyer was a newbie, paying that money for a book with rusty staples.  I’d like to know who is advising him

Tom Derby is a newbie to comics but is a big deal in the toy grading community and while he may or may not have over paid for the Cap #1 it's not some major god awful purchase imho.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, I am not Glenda said:

Tom Derby is a newbie to comics but is a big deal in the toy grading community and while he may or may not have over paid for the Cap #1 it's not some major god awful purchase imho.

Dont get me wrong; I'm actually happy about it.  Helps my 3.5.  But because I have one similarly placed in the lower end, I'm acutely aware of prices on these.  And of course, you are right.  There are no bad purchases in GA.   There's just some you need to hold onto a bit longer than others.  I've got em myself.

Tom is THE guy when it comes to authenticating rare action figures in particularly the Star Wars Boba Fett prototypes.  Each figure would come with a letter of authenticity with his name and signature on it.  

There was a day when he inquired about my Sensation 1 and asked how much I wanted to sell.  We didn't get the deal done because he ultimately wanted a higher graded copy. I'm wondering if he was successful in buying one, but I wish him all the best in his collecting. 

On 3/6/2022 at 8:06 AM, Monsters-n-heroes said:

New 7.0 just listed at $995,000 on Comic Link exchange ... that should get that .5 to $85,000 ... good lord! (:

I don’t get it with Clink. They list a book for a million bucks, but don’t give a back cover. 

DE3EFC8F-2EB5-487F-A673-6D425F79FB60.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost