• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised at all as continuing resubs and upgrades means more monies for all parties involved.  :devil:

Looks like this is the reason why I couldn't find it anymore under the CGC serial number "1031180001" from the scan which @GreatCaesarsGhost had posted because the book is now no longer clumped in with about 20 other no name Universal copies, but instead is now the highest graded by a long shot Signature copy of Batman 1 and CL has now also provided a full back cover scan with Jerry's signature clearly on it:  :wink:

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dbatman%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1563310

RAD96F502022312_125557.jpg

RAD4ED432022312_12561.jpg

No surprise that the CGC serial number indicates the books was graded back in the summer of 2011 when it seems to be acknowledged by many to be pretty much the "softest" time period when it comes to CGC grading.  hm  (shrug)

Book still looks like a 6.5 tops to me.  That top left corner spine area is distracting to my eyes.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:11 PM, Dark Knight said:

Book still looks like a 6.5 tops to me.  That top left corner spine area is distracting to my eyes.

The bottom left corner chew is even worse (imo), but it is obscured by the poor CL photo, have to look at the original pic on HA to see it.

Surprised no one posted about this sale, highest price ever for this single page no?

Seller is very legit as most know.

$12,100 for page two only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144486463158?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K4p9u-mcRRG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MdQvtLFCTAu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by thedude

On 6/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, thedude said:

Surprised no one posted about this sale, highest price ever for this single page no?

Seller is very legit as most know.

$12,100 for page two only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144486463158?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K4p9u-mcRRG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MdQvtLFCTAu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I saw it. I was the underbidder. Shocking price, imo

On 6/13/2022 at 8:34 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I saw it. I was the underbidder. Shocking price, imo

Oh, sorry you didn't snag it. Definitely in nice condition compared to some of the other single page 2s floating around.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:39 PM, thedude said:

Oh, sorry you didn't snag it. Definitely in nice condition compared to some of the other single page 2s floating around.

As soon as I missed out on that, blizzard put up a page 1. It’s been up less than 24 hrs and my initial throw down bid has been trumped. It’s already up to $7500!

On 6/13/2022 at 8:48 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Oh wait. You’re referring to the page 2  that sold two sundays ago. You might not have seen, but last night a page 1 sold for a similar amount

Yeah, looks like the page 1 auction is still going.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363868604853?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K4p9u-mcRRG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=MdQvtLFCTAu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

On 6/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

As soon as I missed out on that, blizzard put up a page 1. It’s been up less than 24 hrs and my initial throw down bid has been trumped. It’s already up to $7500!

Can't believe how these single pages have jumped in price.

This can't go for more than the page 2 Joker splash can it?

Edited by thedude

On 6/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, thedude said:

Probably not. It’s a great page, but it first appeared in Tec  33.  The Joker splash (page 2) is his first appearance, ever. Page 3 is his first appearance in a story, and contains his first murder. Also a key page. The last key page, to me anyway, is page 22,  Catwomans first appearance out of disguise. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:28 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 6/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, thedude said:

Probably not. It’s a great page, but it first appeared in Tec  33.  The Joker splash (page 2) is his first appearance, ever. Page 3 is his first appearance in a story, and contains his first murder. Also a key page. The last key page, to me anyway, is page 22,  Catwomans first appearance out of disguise. 

Adding to the allure of page 22 is the classic Batman line of "QUIET OR PAPA SPANK!"

On 6/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This is why I keep saying it's profitable to buy restored copies and chop them up. A complete set of loose pages is probably around $75K break-up value, plus whatever you can get for the cover.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:48 AM, Crowzilla said:

This is why I keep saying it's profitable to buy restored copies and chop them up. A complete set of loose pages is probably around $75K break-up value, plus whatever you can get for the cover.

Chopping up unicorn books for profit is a no-go.

On 6/18/2022 at 4:32 AM, Rob Thurston said:

Does anyone know where or how much a Batman 1 cover complete only would cost? I just bought it coverless complete and need a cover?

That's great. Did you buy it slabbed ? Never seen the front cover sold b4 but a complete front cover would go for an insane price.