• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2022 at 8:20 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I don’t get it with Clink. They list a book for a million bucks, but don’t give a back cover. 

DE3EFC8F-2EB5-487F-A673-6D425F79FB60.jpeg

Yea, it's nuts ... the 3.0 the other day auctioned was a prime example as to the difference from front to back!

Edited by Monsters-n-heroes

On 3/14/2022 at 6:07 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Waiting to exhale.

note to self: don’t list books when we are on the verge of WW III

2F436F47-1F72-4071-86FD-D71BC59E2442.jpeg

Seems like it's right on target for where it should be at 80k a point .  No ??

On 3/14/2022 at 5:39 PM, woowoo said:
On 3/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, Aman619 said:

and its a NO PERIOD copy!  cool

:whatthe: NO PERIOD copy. Clark that's worth double :deadhorse:

Yes, just read the auction description listing and also watched Vinnie's video and I must say that I am totally surprised that they didn't bothered to mention this key point (well okay.....no point and pun fully intended) as it is clearly scarcer than the copies with the period and hence should command a higher price point.  hm  doh!

Similarly, I would expect a copy of Marvel 1 with the October date to be worth ore than the one with the overprinted November date on it.  (thumbsu

On 3/6/2022 at 6:20 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 3/6/2022 at 6:06 AM, Monsters-n-heroes said:

New 7.0 just listed at $995,000 on Comic Link exchange ... that should get that .5 to $85,000 ... good lord! (:

I don’t get it with Clink. They list a book for a million bucks, but don’t give a back cover. 

Looks like it fell $5K short of earning the time and trouble for CL to come up with a second back cover scan as that extra work is reserved only for million dollar books and above.  lol

Any reason why I can't find the CGC serial number for this copy here since I wanted to check the date it was graded, as I didn't really care for that top portion of the spine on a CGC 7.0 graded copy?  ???

On 2/28/2022 at 5:34 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hey ya Harold. You noticed! Never thought I’d let go of it, but it’s time to help my daughter buy a house. Feels like I’m cutting off a hand, but family first.

(thumbsu

On 3/15/2022 at 12:05 AM, lou_fine said:

Looks like it fell $5K short of earning the time and trouble for CL to come up with a second back cover scan as that extra work is reserved only for million dollar books and above.  lol

Any reason why I can't find the CGC serial number for this copy here since I wanted to check the date it was graded, as I didn't really care for that top portion of the spine on a CGC 7.0 graded copy?  ???

You can look at it in the Heritage archives from back when it was a lowly 6.5

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-fn-65-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/825-44045.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

lf.jpg

On 3/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, Crowzilla said:

good catch (thumbsu

On 3/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, Crowzilla said:
On 3/14/2022 at 9:05 PM, lou_fine said:

You can look at it in the Heritage archives from back when it was a lowly 6.5

Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised at all as continuing resubs and upgrades means more monies for all parties involved.  :devil:

Looks like this is the reason why I couldn't find it anymore under the CGC serial number "1031180001" from the scan which @GreatCaesarsGhost had posted because the book is now no longer clumped in with about 20 other no name Universal copies, but instead is now the highest graded by a long shot Signature copy of Batman 1 and CL has now also provided a full back cover scan with Jerry's signature clearly on it:  :wink:

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dbatman%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1563310

RAD96F502022312_125557.jpg

RAD4ED432022312_12561.jpg

No surprise that the CGC serial number indicates the books was graded back in the summer of 2011 when it seems to be acknowledged by many to be pretty much the "softest" time period when it comes to CGC grading.  hm  (shrug)