• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes. Good point. I had originally thought Heritage had exclusive access to the crypto guys and that only Heritage had the power to hammer at high prices. What Clink just accomplished makes me now think it’s the Bat 1 that has strengthened,  no matter the auction house. Seriously, did you see that 1.8?! 

now I’d like to see what another auction house can do with a Cap 1. Heritage got $240k for the Promise 3.5 with a rusty staple. Just as I now believe Bat 1 has made a true leap forward(as opposed to a one-time outlier), maybe the same could be said for Cap 1.

hey @Mmehdy @G.A.tor@woowooawake from your slumber. What say you?

D773115C-BB34-4B10-953A-EE99C2CED32F.jpeg

4553A53C-D23B-432F-BB47-338AB98D80F1.jpeg

85C5AEB0-5449-4483-828C-094B17E0FCED.jpeg

Clark......... I say for guy who was 2nd guessing why he paid so much for a Batman 1 in 2.5 few years ago hm And was thinking of getting out :whatthe: to go to rest home :nyah: is now happy to have stayed in the comic world and only wishes that he upgraded sooner cause this book has :Rocket: in all grades. I had a solid 5.0 unrestored in early 80's that is now a E 8.5 that's not worth what an unrestored 1.0 is worth :preach:h1.jpg.e6497da8f444716631813e3d975a1cec.jpg

On 12/8/2021 at 7:48 AM, woowoo said:

Clark......... I say for guy who was 2nd guessing why he paid so much for a Batman 1 in 2.5 few years ago hm And was thinking of getting out :whatthe: to go to rest home :nyah: is now happy to have stayed in the comic world and only wishes that he upgraded sooner cause this book has :Rocket: in all grades. I had a solid 5.0 unrestored in early 80's that is now a E 8.5 that's not worth what an unrestored 1.0 is worth :preach:h1.jpg.e6497da8f444716631813e3d975a1cec.jpg

You’ve got a good memory woowoo. I still think about getting out. But then I’d only have my wife to talk to, and she objects to that

p.s. You had and I bet still have some killer books

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 12/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You’ve got a good memory woowoo. I still think about getting out. But then I’d only have my wife to talk to, and she objects to that

p.s. You had and I bet still have some killer books

Clark, I consider you a great board friend and love your Pashion for comics (thumbsu is that you next to Burger :baiting:See the source image

On 12/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, lhcomics said:

It took me 9 months to sell off some PC comics to pay the $175K for my Bat 1 4.0 3 years ago.

I got it in Jan 2019 only to see the next 2 4.0s sell in the $110K and 130K range. 

That was a gut punch. 

Now it's at a price that makes me look like a genius. 

You and I both received the same gut punch, but my how the worm has turned

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 12/8/2021 at 11:47 AM, lhcomics said:

It took me 9 months to sell off some PC comics to pay the $175K for my Bat 1 4.0 3 years ago.

I got it in Jan 2019 only to see the next 2 4.0s sell in the $110K and 130K range. 

That was a gut punch. 

Now it's at a price that makes me look like a genius. 

luckily you understand the cyclicality of our market

On 12/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, G.A.tor said:

luckily you understand the cyclicality of our market

Yes, tends to happen in all collecting eras of our hobby here. (thumbsu

If I remember correct, wasn't Spidey 129 a super hot book way back a few decades ago before suffering through a big rundown in prices, and now have gone through a long extended runup in prices over the past several years.  From a GA point of view, I remember this exact same scenario playing out with the early Fox books when they were super hot through the first big GA rush in the mid-90's and then not so much after that.  :luhv:

So, oftentimes I guess it's just a matter of being patient and being willing to hold onto these books for their next up period.  :applause:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 12/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, tends to happen in all collecting eras of our hobby here. (thumbsu

If I remember correct, wasn't Spidey 129 a super hot book way back a few decades ago before suffering through a big rundown in prices, and now have gone through a long extended runup in prices over the past several years.  From a GA point of view, I remember this exact same scenario playing out with the early Fox books when they were super hot through the first big GA rush in the mid-90's and then not so much after that.  :luhv:

So, oftentimes I guess it's just a matter of being patient and being willing to hold onto these books for their next up period.  :applause:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

its happened with every major key at some point or another, and likely will continue

On 12/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes. Good point. I had originally thought Heritage had exclusive access to the crypto guys and that only Heritage had the power to hammer at high prices. What Clink just accomplished makes me now think it’s the Bat 1 that has strengthened,  no matter the auction house. Seriously, did you see that 1.8?! 

now I’d like to see what another auction house can do with a Cap 1. Heritage got $240k for the Promise 3.5 with a rusty staple. Just as I now believe Bat 1 has made a true leap forward(as opposed to a one-time outlier), maybe the same could be said for Cap 1.

hey @Mmehdy @G.A.tor@woowooawake from your slumber. What say you?

D773115C-BB34-4B10-953A-EE99C2CED32F.jpeg

4553A53C-D23B-432F-BB47-338AB98D80F1.jpeg

85C5AEB0-5449-4483-828C-094B17E0FCED.jpeg

a very strong 1.8....look for price on this book at this grade to make a record price.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Is this a record for a coverless copy?

image.thumb.png.41236ed31b6f450ee97e63c45a8ce474.png

From what I've see, CGC typically gives a grade of 0.5 to books missing a front or back cover, like this one, as opposed to completely coverless copies, which will get a No Grade (NG). Per GPA a blue label 0.5 missing the back cover sold for $51,600 in April of this year. I suspect this is a record for a green label 0.5 &/or any 0.5 with just a back cover.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:57 PM, Daveb25 said:

🚀  Batman 1 in all parts, pieces, incomplete and complete copies has officially blasted off. 

:gossip: ... shhhhhhhhhh ... still working on mine ... and so I must  declare ... "BATMAN #1 is KRAP" :nyah:

Edited by Monsters-n-heroes