• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,927 posts in this topic

One of my 1st LB Cole books, bought off ebay about 15 years ago...after buying it, I discovered it was signed on the interior by Cole! Or someone with his handwriting. lol

suspense11.jpg

Bought this from Dale at Heroes Con years ago. Nice looking front cover but the back's a little rough, although Cole's not really known for his back cover work, now is he?!?! (shrug)

I still remember the show, I think it was Jamie Graham that had a nice, slabbed copy of Terrific 5 that he rather bruskly cracked open and stuck in a Mylar. While I do like this book, I should have shot my whole wad and bought the Terrific 5 instead. Shoulda, coulda, woulda... :frustrated:

suspense12.jpg

Great books Mike!! :headbang:

Thanks, many years in the making!

Behind Mask 1-2 and Hulk 1-6, this is my favorite "mini-series" in comics. One nice thing about collecting Cole's work is that outside of a handful of books, most of his stuff is relatively inexpensive, as far as esoteric GA goes.

and my fave cover, I need to try to find a decent 5.0-6.5 of this book:

StartlingTerror11.jpg

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately that's one of the "handful" I referred to earlier as not being inexpensive!

Great books Mike!! :headbang:

Thanks, many years in the making!

Behind Mask 1-2 and Hulk 1-6, this is my favorite "mini-series" in comics. One nice thing about collecting Cole's work is that outside of a handful of books, most of his stuff is relatively inexpensive, as far as esoteric GA goes.

Too true. Nearly all of his Star work is affordable, and then there's Mask, Startling Terror 11 and Suspense Comics, the latter being a run that is obviously very hard to complete. Still working on it...

The centerpiece of my LB Cole collection, and one of my all-time favorite books. Tied for top census copy, it stood alone when I picked it up but wouldn't you know a 2nd copy shows up a few months later! I'd love to see the Church copy, Metro has several of the Church Suspense books in their inventory so I can only guess who has it? :cloud9:

suspense8.jpg

Wow! I just love this book. I'm pretty sure this is the one I got to see in person after the NC Comicon last year. It blew my mind away when I saw how nice it looked, and it still blows me away today. Nice! Definitely one of my favorite Cole covers!

I know this is a poo pic, but it's from my old cel, but here's my Terrifying Tales #13:

LB_COLE0001.JPG

Nice!

I have always wanted to read mine.

Thanks! I got it for what I think is a steal on ebay years ago. I got inspired just now, so I went and took a fresh pic next to my Surtur Bowen MB. :grin:

2012-11-09+16.44.56.jpg

I know this is a poo pic, but it's from my old cel, but here's my Terrifying Tales #13:

LB_COLE0001.JPG

Nice!

I have always wanted to read mine.

Thanks! I got it for what I think is a steal on ebay years ago. I got inspired just now, so I went and took a fresh pic next to my Surtur Bowen MB. :grin:

2012-11-09+16.44.56.jpg

:devil: Very cool! :devil:

Just pulled the trigger on 2 LB Cole covers that I'd been looking at for a bit. This one, Intimate Secrets Of Romance #2 doesn't come up often and this copy had been on ebay for a while. I don't like the crease, but now I'll own the 2-issue run and I'll keep an eye out for a better copy.

$(KGrHqZ,!h4E2JCqKde5BNwCk0jbYg~~_3.JPG

In an effort to complete my Top Love run, I had to have this one. Seller says it's only a 2.0, but looks 10x better than that. For $20 and free shipping I'll take a chance. Here's my new Top Love Stories #12:

$(KGrHqF,!nsE-)YyOpV2BQCCIdQsd!~~60_57.JPG