• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,910 posts in this topic

I have a question for you guys -- does anyone know any details about the books Metropolis is selling from the L.B. Cole estate?

According to Metro, many are signed on the back.

Does anyone own any of these books, or have any other info on them?

Thanks!

A lot of the cover proofs from LB Cole's estate sale are signed on the back. Nearly all of them actually. I scored a few when the sale first happened. From what I recall not many of the actual comics were signed.

The cover proofs are great! They are HTF for most books, but if you get a good one the colors are often sharper than what was actually printed.

Happy shopping!

A lot of the cover proofs from LB Cole's estate sale are signed on the back. Nearly all of them actually. I scored a few when the sale first happened. From what I recall not many of the actual comics were signed.

The cover proofs are great! They are HTF for most books, but if you get a good one the colors are often sharper than what was actually printed.

Happy shopping!

doh!

Thanks, pmpknface!

I didn't realize they were cover proofs.

Clearly, I should be spending my money on eye doctors and not funny books!

:tonofbricks:

Nice looking copy, but your estimation that it's probably more like a 7.0 is probably right.

Hopefully it's just a scanner artifact, but you should check out the top right corner to make sure it's not color touched.

Shocking Mystery is a my favorite pre-code image of Frankenstein.

ShockMys50.jpg

A few updates, I got in that SHOCKING 50 and it's all it was cracked up to be. I didn't see any signs of resto. The pages are darker than I imagined for a book with colors that bright. I think it was likely stacked but un-bagged for a long period of time, and that's why the spine looks the way it does.

And in other news, how do you like my new T-shirt? I know I don't own a copy of this one, but I hopefully will someday. Until then, this will have to do. I picked it because I figured the image would look good on a shirt. Maybe I'll do a Startling Terror Tales 11 next!

20130119_134041.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

A few updates, I got in that SHOCKING 50 and it's all it was cracked up to be. I didn't see any signs of resto. The pages are darker than I imagined for a book with colors that bright. I think it was likely stacked but un-bagged for a long period of time, and that's why the spine looks the way it does.

And in other news, how do you like my new T-shirt? I know I don't own a copy of this one, but I hopefully will someday. Until then, this will have to do. I picked it because I figured the image would look good on a shirt. Maybe I'll do a Startling Terror Tales 11 next!

20130119_134041.jpg

8187266710_39e7ec100b_b.jpg

Any of those Startling Terrors would make a good t-shirt but a blue t-shirt with an ST 13 Grogon cover would be kind of weird. :insane:

Hey Vaultkeeper - if you want I can put you in touch with my guy. He also made me a MASK #1 shirt. ;)

Hey BB - Not bad... maybe next time I order one up I'll come up with a few options and put up a poll! I accept all input!

If anyone's interested in a T just send me a PM and I'll pass along info. ;)

20130119_134041.jpg

Sweet T-shirt - a black Contact 12 would be nice.

sta4_79a.jpg

You are right this would look good on a Tshirt

Especially if it was based on that copy! Fantastic!

I was thinking of a Contact 12 or a Captain Flight 11 (which over time still may happen) but since I had a Mask 1 which was also black I wanted to mix it up a bit so I went with a blue shirt. That's what made me thing of the ST 11, as then I'd have a RED one!

I've got some time to figure it out. I won't be getting another shipment from my guy for a while. Maybe a Blue Bolt cover would work too....