• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,925 posts in this topic

I usually don't go for GD copies of my LB Cole books, but I made an exception here. With this copy of CONTACT COMICS #5 I now have the complete run. I'll stay on the lookout for a better copy, but until then this will have to do. I looked on Heritage's archives and the best copy they've ever sold is a FN and that was only 1 of 2 copies ever (both ungraded). I'll take a pic of the whole set together once it arrives, but until then here it is:

2012AUG15_0024.JPG

I usually don't go for GD copies of my LB Cole books, but I made an exception here. With this copy of CONTACT COMICS #5 I now have the complete run. I'll stay on the lookout for a better copy, but until then this will have to do. I looked on Heritage's archives and the best copy they've ever sold is a FN and that was only 1 of 2 copies ever (both ungraded). I'll take a pic of the whole set together once it arrives, but until then here it is:

2012AUG15_0024.JPG

:applause:

Thanks a lot guys! I was beginning to think I'd never spot another copy of this one. I think it's one of the - if not THE - toughest book in the run to find. I'll be sure to snap a pic of them all when it arrives, assuming I can keep my cat away from them all when I do it. ;)

The centerpiece of my LB Cole collection, and one of my all-time favorite books. Tied for top census copy, it stood alone when I picked it up but wouldn't you know a 2nd copy shows up a few months later! I'd love to see the Church copy, Metro has several of the Church Suspense books in their inventory so I can only guess who has it? :cloud9:

suspense8.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful cover. :cloud9:

2012AUG15_0024.JPG

Congrats Jamie you lucky devil. :applause:

The centerpiece of my LB Cole collection, and one of my all-time favorite books. Tied for top census copy, it stood alone when I picked it up but wouldn't you know a 2nd copy shows up a few months later! I'd love to see the Church copy, Metro has several of the Church Suspense books in their inventory so I can only guess who has it? :cloud9:

suspense8.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful cover. :cloud9:

That's just a great looking copy of my favorite Cole book. :applause:

I'd also love to see the Church copy.

Don't I know it! And here's the whole set! I never thought I could complete a 12-issue run from the 1940's, but here it is:

20121128_183606.jpg

Maybe I'll upgrade the #3 and #10 someday a bit. I'm just happy to own a #12, so that one I'm ok with. I've already upgraded the #8 and still have my undercopy. Of course knowing me I'll still rather aim to complete runs first, and I've started so many. For example I recently finished this 2 issue run, of which I posted the covers individually in this thread over time but this is the first time they got together:

20121128_183248.jpg

BTW - Nice pickups guys! That Suspense #8 is amazing. I just lost out on a #4 over the weekend. I'll get one eventually....

Don't I know it! And here's the whole set! I never thought I could complete a 12-issue run from the 1940's, but here it is:

20121128_183606.jpg

Maybe I'll upgrade the #3 and #10 someday a bit. I'm just happy to own a #12, so that one I'm ok with. I've already upgraded the #8 and still have my undercopy. Of course knowing me I'll still rather aim to complete runs first, and I've started so many. For example I recently finished this 2 issue run, of which I posted the covers individually in this thread over time but this is the first time they got together:

20121128_183248.jpg

BTW - Nice pickups guys! That Suspense #8 is amazing. I just lost out on a #4 over the weekend. I'll get one eventually....

I was just thinking how funny it would be if a big dog came charging down the stairs after that cat and those Cole books go WHOOOSH! all over the place. heh.

I was just thinking how funny it would be if a big dog came charging down the stairs after that cat and those Cole books go WHOOOSH! all over the place. heh.

Thankfully, I only have the 1 cat. He did remain good long enough for me to take that pic. But he would never do that. After all... his name is Kirby! :angel:

20121128_183606.jpg

Congrats Jamie. Very cool! :applause:

Outstanding! :headbang:

20121128_183606.jpg

20121128_183248.jpg

:headbang: