• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Tough book indeed but what a beauty. I could stare at it for hours.

In honor of that insane full run of Suspense Comics on ebay recently, here's my copy of Suspense #10. Spine is a bit chewy tongue.gif but cover has rich color and gloss, looks way better than grade in hand. I just love this cover! And when you think about how #10 is actually one of the less-sought-after covers of the run...well, that's a pretty friggin' amazing run, wouldn't you say? Anyone else got any Suspenses to post?

suspense10.jpg

Very cool cover. I agree with you about the high quality of the entire run.

Point Five

I agree with you completely - #10 is the only Suspense I own and it is my favorite Cole cover of the run. While it doesn't have an iconic Devil or a macabre spider, it's color and composition put it above his other covers in the run IMHO. I too don't know why it isn't considered a classic among Cole fans, but #8, #9 and #11 seem to get the attention.

Thanks for the kind words on the #10, folks. Linmoth, that is a great Suspense #7! Another underrated cover that I've always liked, & I'm sure the cover reds & yellows really pop in hand...that's a beautiful copy.

Thanks PF: It was my downfall when I first saw this thread a few years ago. I am trying to complete a mini run of Suspense from 6-12 Cole books.

The colors on these Cole covers are phenomenal!

When SA started to escalate out of sight these seemed like a real bargain.

I have the 7,8,9 and 12. I'll pick up the others in time as they do come up every so often.

Best, Tom

In honor of that insane full run of Suspense Comics on ebay recently, here's my copy of Suspense #10. Spine is a bit chewy tongue.gif but cover has rich color and gloss, looks way better than grade in hand. I just love this cover! And when you think about how #10 is actually one of the less-sought-after covers of the run...well, that's a pretty friggin' amazing run, wouldn't you say? Anyone else got any Suspenses to post?

EBay ended up de-listing my Suspense run (don't ask) and I've begun putting them back up, so do check out the Golden Age section there for all the cool covers. 3 and 12 are there already, and 9 will go up tomorrow. I'll try to get a book up every day or two, so you can see nice copies of the whole run over on EBay soon enough.

Hi friend, thanks for the heads-up. I'm confident they'll finish out of my price range, but I'll keep an eye on them. I was very impressed with your Suspense run! Can only imagine how long & how much money it took to put together. Good luck with the sales!

Hey AllTop8Me, just saw the additional wording in your revised Suspense #9 auction:

"As some people have noted on the CGC boards with regard to my auctions, when you look at the full Suspense run you're really floored by how many of the covers are quite amazing. "

hi.gif