• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2018 at 10:59 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Not new, but I deleted my old link to these books after I uploaded these new scans that depict the colors more accurately...sorry for the repeat...

Mile High Eagle2...

24619952647_4e56c8c6a3_c.jpg

Here's his long-lost Church Copy brother...

001.jpg

33 minutes ago, october said:

...and some other random stuff while I am at it. 

001 (227).jpg

Nice BB 105...:applause:Yeah, I saw my Eagle's brother when Adam Strange owned it.  Nice...Does your scanner do the same thing mine does?  Scan too light?  The colors on your Eagle 1 should be darker...right?

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Nice BB 105...:applause:Yeah, I saw my Eagle's brother when Adam Strange owned it.  Nice...Does your scanner do the same thing mine does?  Scan too light?  The colors on your Eagle 1 should be darker...right?

It's a little darker, but the book is pretty bright. 

11 hours ago, october said:

...and some other random stuff while I am at it. 

001 (227).jpg

001 (250).jpg

001 (289).jpg

bb 117.jpg

totj 17.jpg

001 (176).jpg

001 (167).jpg

001 (149).jpg

001 (84).jpg

catman 32.jpg

I want all of them :luhv: Lovely books.

9 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

How do I find a copy of this book :pullhair:

Its actually a fairly common book. You just cant get anyone to part with one. I know it would take an obscene amount of money to sell mine. Seems to be a common thread with bb105 owners. 

2 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

Its actually a fairly common book. You just cant get anyone to part with one. I know it would take an obscene amount of money to sell mine. Seems to be a common thread with bb105 owners. 

Yep!  That's the problem I'm running into too...   :frustrated:

12 hours ago, october said:

...and some other random stuff while I am at 

bb 117.jpg

Lovely books Andy, especially that Startling Terror black logo! This book though. Has quickly become my favorite BBW cover from the run. Something about the swirling linework, colors and composition that puts it above the rest IMO.

Here's my copy...

BlueBoltWeird117_zpsdda1027a.jpg

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Lovely books Andy, especially that Startling Terror black logo! This book though. Has quickly become my favorite BBW cover from the run. Something about the swirling linework, colors and composition that puts it above the rest IMO.

Here's my copy...

BlueBoltWeird117_zpsdda1027a.jpg

Nice copy! The colors on this cover are really special.

I was lucky enough to get mine from the 6th Street collection. It was actually the first book he listed on eBay and flew under the radar. 

7 minutes ago, october said:

I was lucky enough to get mine from the 6th Street collection. It was actually the first book he listed on eBay and flew under the radar. 

(thumbsu 

Mine was from one of Roy's sales threads right here on the boards. I snapped it up quickly too!

44 minutes ago, october said:

I was fortunate to buy one Sixth Street book and the colors are exceptional. Wish I had bought more.

Ken

2 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

I was fortunate to buy one Sixth Street book and the colors are exceptional. Wish I had bought more.

Ken

Me too. I ended up with 5-10 of them and they are all pedigree quality. Actually, I would rank them ahead of almost all 50's peds. 

2 hours ago, october said:
2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Ken

Me too. I ended up with 5-10 of them and they are all pedigree quality. Actually, I would rank them ahead of almost all 50's peds. 

They are nice, although some have rusty staples from being stored in a basement.

This L.B.Cole cover is not shown much, and many dealers do not know it's by Cole.  Like Tailspin, it was a One Shot issue (and is not signed).  I sold my copy to Pumpkin Face 3 years ago and just picked up this replacement last week.  Not as spectacular as his sci-fi or horror covers, but i like it:

39326808874_7a16870cac_c.jpg