• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,893 posts in this topic

Since everybody seems to be "loving" L. B. Cole. How about this cool roller coaster cover I picked up from "Big Ron" Murray at Terry's show? I have to say other than the cover, it is the most dialog heavy stinker I might have ever bought. I just can't get through these, but what great covers...

comtruetoliferomances1.jpg

On 2/5/2018 at 9:57 PM, Robot Man said:

Since everybody seems to be "loving" L. B. Cole. How about this cool roller coaster cover I picked up from "Big Ron" Murray at Terry's show? I have to say other than the cover, it is the most dialog heavy stinker I might have ever bought. I just can't get through these, but what great covers...

comtruetoliferomances1.jpg

I love this one.  All is good...    then you read the title card on the left... "BECAUSE I HATED STEVE!"  The colors, the detail, the faces...  just great stuff.  I may be wrong bu I think this is the 1st issue of TTL Romoances too.  I know it's an early one. 

40 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

I love this one.  All is good...    then you read the title card on the left... "BECAUSE I HATED STEVE!"  The colors, the detail, the faces...  just great stuff.  I may be wrong bu I think this is the 1st issue of TTL Romoances too.  I know it's an early one. 

But he's going to make the grade by winning the title...:wishluck:

...one of these days...:D

Edited by Jayman

3 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

I know!  It all just cracks me up!  There is sooooooo much going on.  And look at the love, who holds onto a chick on a ROLLER COASTER like that?!?!?  I just love it!

Ugh! Now I hate Steve!

On 2/5/2018 at 6:48 AM, Marwood & I said:

ptaol.thumb.jpg.df5c41b00b1f318eef572bcd4fa098b7.jpg

A nice pence version of the #19 original from a publisher you don't often see - Gerald G. Swan Ltd of Marylebone, London. This one isn't even on the GCD :cloud9:

Reveal hidden contents

ptaolb.thumb.jpg.b4226f367a274b3482fde8a775036bab.jpg

Very cool to find something that wasn't previously known to exist.

On 2/5/2018 at 3:11 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

No, I didn't...but here's mine.  What would the grade be on this with the corner chew?

16555049795_5f3f23f58f_c.jpg

CGC can be a bit inconsistent on bug chews.  Wrt to the CGC 3.5 Cap 1 in the Heritage auction, I thought that the size of the bug chew (a significant chunk eaten right through the book) that the grade would be lower. 

But ... looking closely at your book, is it a bug chew or is there flaking on that corner? hm

5 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Yes it is #8 actually, #1

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

CGC can be a bit inconsistent on bug chews.  Wrt to the CGC 3.5 Cap 1 in the Heritage auction, I thought that the size of the bug chew (a significant chunk eaten right through the book) that the grade would be lower. 

But ... looking closely at your book, is it a bug chew or is there flaking on that corner? hm

I don't know...I don't have the book in hand, but it looks like a bug chew to me.  I know it isn't brittle...

Believe it or not (and i think those who know him will believe it) Joe Naaca called this book a 6.0...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian