• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,906 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2024 at 8:30 AM, pmpknface said:

I was follow las night's HA auction.  Ended up the underbidder on one book ( :pullhair: ) but also saw this...

image.thumb.png.172e898c42992394e61a9911b0677607.png

Um, did I miss something?  Were 2 collectors high on Easter chocolate?  I know Cole's crime books are under-represented a bit compared to the horror  / romance genres, but this seemed a bit extreme.  Thoughts???

Oh that is extreme. I was thinking about 1,200 to 1,800 tops. 

I was follow las night's HA auction.  Ended up the underbidder on one book ( :pullhair: ) but also saw this...

Um, did I miss something?  Were 2 collectors high on Easter chocolate?  I know Cole's crime books are under-represented a bit compared to the horror  / romance genres, but this seemed a bit extreme.  Thoughts???

:whatthe:

It is a great cover, but it's not even in my top two or three favorite covers in this run...

On 4/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, thewritestuff said:

It is a great cover, but it's not even in my top two or three favorite covers in this run...

I was curious about this so I went to MCS to verify.  

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=330661

Of course the #11 stands out we all knew, but you're totally right.  This run does have a bunch of more interesting ones.  The #13 I knew off of the top of my head but there's a bunch of other ones with fun perspectives or the #6 car crash cover.  

On 3/26/2024 at 10:12 AM, Robot Man said:

A couple of cool recent arrivals from Randall Dowling’s recent paperback sales thread. 

IMG_8692.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg

Nice pickups.

Does anyone have a list of the paperbacks/digests Cole did covers for?