• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Join in the Holiday spirit, let’s help a little boy keep his sight!

505 posts in this topic

I had a good question from a newer member. The Paypal address I'm sending with the invoices IS Kenny's, not mine. All the money goes directly to him.

Then where'd you get those new shoes from, huh? :baiting:

Which ones;) ?

So that's why did Nordstram's called, asking if I bought 75 pairs of woman's shoes.

:jokealert:

Update post on Trevor forthcoming..what a day.

I had a good question from a newer member. The Paypal address I'm sending with the invoices IS Kenny's, not mine. All the money goes directly to him.

Which ones;) ?

So that's why did Nordstram's called, asking if I bought 75 pairs of woman's shoes.

I think it was just sarcasm

Woosaaa

Which ones;) ?

lol

Hi, everyone. :hi: The response to help Kenny and Trevor has been enormous and they are very grateful, indeed. As there are now no more donations being accepted, let's do our best to buy the books that have been offered up so far. Please, take a moment to review the list below and see if you can help out a bit more. (worship)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventures into Weird Worlds #3(Atlas) CGC 4.0 250.00 donated by 143ksk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hulk #118 CGC 9.6 White Pages 400.00 donated by Joeypost

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain America #110 CGC 9.4 OW/W SS by Jim Steranko. 400.00 donated by Joeypost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creepy 21 Double cover CGC 9.4 (1st cover is 8.5) Cream to OW $150.00 donated by Mxwll Smrt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Take $5 off listed price of each slab, $10 off the X-Factor 52, $25 off the True Blood slab

*No shipping charge in US, I will pay half the International cost

1994 #14 CGC 9.4 $50 Sanjulian

Black Dragon #2 CGC 9.8 $60 John Bolton

Black Dragon #6 CGC 9.6 $40 John Bolton

Cheval Noir #4 CGC 9.6 $50 John Bolton

Fangoria #144 CGC 9.8 $75 Natasha Henstridge

Fangoria #172 CGC 9.8 $75 Natasha Henstridge

Fangoria #264 CGC 9.6 $50 Heather Matazarro

Invincible Iron Man #517 CGC 9.8 $40 Salvador Larocca

Invincible Iron Man #521 CGC 9.6 $35 Salvador Larocca

Melting Pot #2 CGC 9.8 $50 Simon Bisley

The Stuff of Legends Limited Edition CGC 9.8 $45 Charles P Wilson III (4 available)

The Stuff of Legends Limited Edition CGC 9.8 $50 Max Charles P Wilson III (5 available)

The Stuff of Legends Limited Edition CGC 9.8 $50 Quakers Charles P Wilson III (4 available)

True Blood Red Foil CGC 9.8 $175 cast signed

X-Factor #52 CGC 9.8 $85 Tyler Mane

50% of sales go to Kenny All donated by GACollectibles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Spider-Man: Riot At Robotworld #2 (1991). Copy 2. Grade = NM. Requested Donation = $25 donated by zzutak

Amazing Spider-Man: Riot At Robotworld #2 (1991). Copy 3. Grade = NM-. Requested Donation = $15 donated by zzutak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East of West #1 9.8 SS copy 1 signed by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragota $100.00 donated by mschmidt

East of West #1 9.8 SS copy 2 signed by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Dragota $100.00 donated by mschmidt

Bloodstrike #32 Cover (original art) by Tim Seeley for $300

$175 of the $300 goes to Kenny donated by sborock

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a run of Thor #301 - 500, nearly complete (probably 95%, maybe better) and the average condition is VF/NM or better 225.00 shipped in the US donated by Dale Roberts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FF 8 CGC 9.0 ow/w $2500 donated by Foolkiller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 Hastings Exclusive CGC SS 9.8 Signed by McNiven and Stegman $80 donated by Darrell F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 Phantom variant CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Ramos, Ponsor, Delgado and McNiven $100 donated by Darrell F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncanny X-Men # 135 (VF) and #137 (VF/NM) Lot - $50 shipped donated by Dark Knight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-men 98 CGC 7.5 30 Cent Variant (unpressed Original owner) $275 donated by Filter81

Detective 103 De-slabbed competitor's product 5.0 Shipping included $150 donated by thehumantorch

Mage #1 CGC 9.0 SS $45 donated by Harley Troy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revival #1 CGC 9.8 $50 donated by quadman78

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groo #1 CGC 9.6 $75 donated by toro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Marvel #34: 1st app. of Nitro $50 donated by Sandflea

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web of Spidey 1 CGC 8.0 signed by Louise Simonson On the CGC case $45 donated by SpideyFein

East of West #1 (regular 1st print cover): CGC 9.8 2X SS plus small sketch. $90 shipped donated by jeffreykli

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daredevil #166 9.6 white pages $60 donated by HarveySwick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve McNiven original art for the action figure put out by Kaybee of Wolverine $150 donated by sborock

True Love #1 Eclipse 1986 classic Dave Stevens cover $50 shipped USA only. donated by Toz

Wolverine #128 CGC 9.8 signed by Stephen Platt $100 donated by AlexH

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marvel Comics Presents #100 CGC 9.8 signed by Sam Kieth $100 donated by AlexH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mystery box you pick the value. $50-$300. Whatever you pay is the value of contents. donated by comicalgems

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a lot but here are a few things. US Shipping only.

Batman 24 NYCC edition

CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Greg Capullo

$80

Batman24NYCCB_zps1e89afe8.jpg

:takeit:

Little late to put up a book but will purchase this.

What a day.

Trevor is not out of the woods, but is about as ok as we could hope for considering.

He was so brave, so polite, and unfortunately so scared afterward. Anybody that has a child could understand what it was like watching them wake up, scared, and in pain. Wishing we could take that pain away.

:(

Today we went to Riley Children's Hospital so they could put him under(because they could not get a good look at his eye while he was awake), and determine what course of action was best. If they deemed it was in fact Coats, they would proceed with a cryotherapy(sp?) procedure to freeze the damaged blood vessels.

Which they did.

I have no effing idea how it works.

Endgame is he will need to go back soon to get checked for this procedure, and then go back in 4-5 months to put him under again to make sure there is nothing behind it they could not see yet.

His left eye is a big red angry mess now.

And because it was caught so early, the condition(damaged blood vessels) might not be 100% developed yet.

That said, today was a HUGE success, and we will deal with whatever comes.

And the part that is hardest for me to convey is not how hard it was to watch my son wake up from anesthetics, scared, and in pain.

But how much this place gave ME strength.

I am humbled, beyond words at the thought of not having to worry about paying for what my son needs. A son who I would give anything for.

It is not lost on me what everybody here did.

:foryou:

I've been incredibly ill this week and just saw this thread. I'm certain I don't have time to scan something proper before deadline.

So how about a mystery box you pick the value. $50-$300. Whatever you pay is the value of contents. Check my feedback thread you'll be happy.

CG has some awesome mystery boxes - hope you feel better!

I don't have a lot but here are a few things. US Shipping only.

Batman 24 NYCC edition

CGC SS 9.8 Signed by Greg Capullo

$80

Batman24NYCCB_zps1e89afe8.jpg

:golfclap:

I am so

Amazed

Shocked

Surprised

Flabbergasted

Impressed

Hopeful

Generally joyful

And the list goes on;

After seeing the response, feedback, and support this forum has shown another board member. It excites me to no end to see people helping out a friend in need. Even more so than that, we as humans helping another human in need.

I personally have never met, heard, or seen this man like others on this forum, but the desire and urgency to help was still there and it is clearly showing.

Whether this man be a fellow collector, board member, brother, or human being, i am proud to say i helped in what small way i could and to be a part of this forum board.

Honestly most other forums are filled with person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags and this is a gem of an exception.

The passion and generosity of this thread has very much engrained in my mind that my business should be done here and not elsewhere, to keep everything in the hands of the people who will actually be there and actually care like the rest of us do.

I hope one day if if another member or even i need help, everyone will be there like they are right now.

I just had to get that out there because i was so over come with emotion after seeing a real sense of community here. It really is something special.

Now that being said

Great pick up

What a day.

Trevor is not out of the woods, but is about as ok as we could hope for considering.

He was so brave, so polite, and unfortunately so scared afterward. Anybody that has a child could understand what it was like watching them wake up, scared, and in pain. Wishing we could take that pain away.

:(

Today we went to Riley Children's Hospital so they could put him under(because they could not get a good look at his eye while he was awake), and determine what course of action was best. If they deemed it was in fact Coats, they would proceed with a cryotherapy(sp?) procedure to freeze the damaged blood vessels.

Which they did.

I have no effing idea how it works.

Endgame is he will need to go back soon to get checked for this procedure, and then go back in 4-5 months to put him under again to make sure there is nothing behind it they could not see yet.

His left eye is a big red angry mess now.

And because it was caught so early, the condition(damaged blood vessels) might not be 100% developed yet.

That said, today was a HUGE success, and we will deal with whatever comes.

And the part that is hardest for me to convey is not how hard it was to watch my son wake up from anesthetics, scared, and in pain.

But how much this place gave ME strength.

I am humbled, beyond words at the thought of not having to worry about paying for what my son needs. A son who I would give anything for.

It is not lost on me what everybody here did.

:foryou:

I wish i could offer more than $ and my prayers good sir.

One more. Captain America by Steve Epting. CGC certified sketch. All money goes to Trevor.

$80 shipped anywhere. If in the US, it will be priority mail in time for Christmas.

Hi, everyone. :hi: The response to help Kenny and Trevor has been enormous and they are very grateful, indeed. As there are now no more donations being accepted, let's do our best to buy the books that have been offered up so far. Please, take a moment to review the list below and see if you can help out a bit more. (worship)

Amazing Spiderman #28 - 1st Molten Man $40 shipped in Canada/USA donated by comicnut

As best I can tell, AS-M 28 is still available -- if so, :takeit: