• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Join in the Holiday spirit, let’s help a little boy keep his sight!

505 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. :hi: The response to help Kenny and Trevor has been enormous and they are very grateful, indeed. As there are now no more donations being accepted, let's do our best to buy the books that have been offered up so far. Please, take a moment to review the list below and see if you can help out a bit more. (worship)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Spiderman #28 - 1st Molten Man $40 shipped in Canada/USA donated by comicnut

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As best I can tell, AS-M 28 is still available -- if so, :takeit:

Yes, thanks Vince!

Price Drop: 25 shipped.

Batman #232 First Ra's al Ghul. 0.5 Poor. Bought this as a low grade reader and was told complete, only thing disclosed was the top staple pop through the cover. After getting it I noticed that the centerfold is completely detached and part of the second to last panel was wripped out. I can send you a photo copy of the missing part if anyone wants it as a reader.

All goes to Kenny: 30 Shipped; USA only.

IMG_0004_zps7d304f42.jpg

:takeit: and :wishluck: I can't even imagine how tough it is.

Hi, everyone. :hi: The response to help Kenny and Trevor has been enormous and they are very grateful, indeed. As there are now no more donations being accepted, let's do our best to buy the books that have been offered up so far. Please, take a moment to review the list below and see if you can help out a bit more. (worship)

Amazing Spiderman #28 - 1st Molten Man $40 shipped in Canada/USA donated by comicnut

As best I can tell, AS-M 28 is still available -- if so, :takeit:

Yes it was still available

^^ Thanks

Glad to hear Kenny has made it through okay and wishing for as best as can be hoped for to come :)

I just saw this thread as I've been underwater for the week. Is it too late to put a donation up? I have something interesting that I'd like to put up for donation, but will hold off on it if too late.

I've been incredibly ill this week and just saw this thread. I'm certain I don't have time to scan something proper before deadline.

So how about a mystery box you pick the value. $50-$300. Whatever you pay is the value of contents. Check my feedback thread you'll be happy.

CG has some awesome mystery boxes - hope you feel better!

Thanks! Second round of different antibiotics seems to have done the trick. Round one just didn't help at all. It was rough for a few days.

I promise someone buys this Mystery Box and they'll be happy. I've missed a week of work but I really want to contribute here in some way. I just don't have a lot of free cash at the moment.

Too late, Dan. :( I think some late donations may have been turned away already and it wouldn't be fair to them to allow yours.

You could always donate a cash payment, or just by buying something. I'm sure either of those options are much appreciated. 2c

That said, today was a HUGE success, and we will deal with whatever comes.

:whee:

I can only slightly begin to commiserate what you're going through. Newborn daughter at home and whenever she cries I feel :ohnoez:

Stay strong! Everyone is rooting for a great outcome and quick recovery! Your son is an absolute trooper and :headbang:

This community proves time and time again what an amazing place it is! :cloud9:

Kenny, thanks for the update!

I'm going to close for now because we just hit $15k.

Everyone has been wonderful. I told Kenny yesterday, I was going to aim for $7500, and this just blew me away.

Here is the breakdown

$11,795,44 in paypal Payments

($3649.49 of that number were cash donations)

$2500 is being sent by check and or bank draft

$1080.00 is for items that were purchased but not paid for yet.

So the Grand total is

$15,375.44

(worship)

I hope Trevor is fine as is, of course if he needs more help, I will re-open the thread, but for now, I'm going to just thank EVERYONE, wish them the best Holidays ever and say Good Night!

Everyone has been wonderful. I told Kenny yesterday, I was going to aim for $7500, and this just blew me away.

Here is the breakdown

So the Grand total is

$15,375.44

(worship)

I hope Trevor is fine as is, of course if he needs more help, I will re-open the thread, but for now, I'm going to just thank EVERYONE, wish them the best Holidays ever and say Good Night!

:banana:

I've been incredibly ill this week and just saw this thread. I'm certain I don't have time to scan something proper before deadline.

So how about a mystery box you pick the value. $50-$300. Whatever you pay is the value of contents. Check my feedback thread you'll be happy.

CG has some awesome mystery boxes - hope you feel better!

Thanks! Second round of different antibiotics seems to have done the trick. Round one just didn't help at all. It was rough for a few days.

I promise someone buys this Mystery Box and they'll be happy. I've missed a week of work but I really want to contribute here in some way. I just don't have a lot of free cash at the moment.

Can this be a soft close like the VCC? I only just saw this, if allowed I would like to :takeit: for a $100 box.

The last two on Ebay sold for $70 and a best offer was accepted on another that was priced at $84, so let's put this Groo #1 CGC 9.6 up there for at least $75 and free ship.

Also if it's allowed I'll knock this down too $75 $50 SOLD

143586.jpg.862153f0941b3b343bf8713a722fcda9.jpg

The last two on Ebay sold for $70 and a best offer was accepted on another that was priced at $84, so let's put this Groo #1 CGC 9.6 up there for at least $75 and free ship.

Also if it's allowed I'll knock this down too $75 $50

:takeit:

Here is the breakdown

So the Grand total is

$15,375.44

(worship)

Thank you Sharon and everyone else! :foryou:

Kenny, I'm glad things are working out and I can totally understand how anxious and frightening this whole experience must've been but Trevor sounds like a very strong willed individual.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!