• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Join in the Holiday spirit, let’s help a little boy keep his sight!

505 posts in this topic

Whew, I completely missed this thread due to last-minute madness at work.

If this is still available:

$250 shipped to the US. I will ship anywhere, I just ask that you add the cost of the excess postage to your donation.

Scan-131217-0006_zps081125d3.jpg

:takeit:

Someone please PM me with payment instructions.

Good luck Trevor!

Kenny :hi:

Yes, thank you very much they can do a sales thread.

If anyone wants Kenny's PP, I will gladly provide it, but I'm closing this thread. If I don't finish and get off the computer I'll need my own charity thread, I'll be homeless;)

I did send out invoices for 4 Mystery boxes since Jason kindly agreed to do them.

I should be up to date with invoices, will update the payments after I type this.

Thank you all VERY much,

New total with all the last minute additions, the additional invoices I had missed and some very kind cash donations is...

$16,305 :o(worship)

:applause:

This is just awesome. An impressive amount for 30 hours or so!

I hope you guys have a great xmas together.

Yes, thank you very much they can do a sales thread.

If anyone wants Kenny's PP, I will gladly provide it, but I'm closing this thread. If I don't finish and get off the computer I'll need my own charity thread, I'll be homeless;)

Over/Under on how much that one would raise?

. If I don't finish and get off the computer I'll need my own charity thread, I'll be homeless;)

It goes without saying Sharon deserves a break for all she has done. So besides an endless supply of (worship) from me and my family. She will get a bix box of X-Mas cookie, and some Ellen OA.

And it is worth relating(because it feels really good to laugh for a change)

Last night she wrote me, late. Said she was up late, and wired because a lizard rang her doorbell.

At the time I had NO idea she live in Florida. So I though that was a euphemism for something else.

:blush:

. If I don't finish and get off the computer I'll need my own charity thread, I'll be homeless;)

It goes without saying Sharon deserves a break for all she has done. So besides an endless supply of (worship) from me and my family. She will get a bix box of X-Mas cookie, and some Ellen OA.

And it is worth relating(because it feels really good to laugh for a change)

Last night she wrote me, late. Said she was up late, and wired because a lizard rang her doorbell.

At the time I had NO idea she live in Florida. So I though that was a euphemism for something else.

:blush:

lol a lizard can be so many things!

Price Drop: 25 shipped.

Batman #232 First Ra's al Ghul. 0.5 Poor. Bought this as a low grade reader and was told complete, only thing disclosed was the top staple pop through the cover. After getting it I noticed that the centerfold is completely detached and part of the second to last panel was wripped out. I can send you a photo copy of the missing part if anyone wants it as a reader.

All goes to Kenny: 30 Shipped; USA only.

IMG_0004_zps7d304f42.jpg

:takeit: and :wishluck: I can't even imagine how tough it is.

^^

To put a cap on this thread.

Trevor was up today, and basically his old self. Aside from a big, red, angry dilated eye. He even wants to go to his half day pre school today!

Kids are so resilient, it blows me away.

The surgeon said that "whats done is done", and he cannot affect, or make worse the condition through rough play, or contact. Which relieved me to no end because I had no idea what the future held for him in regards to playing sports long-term. He will just need to wear sport goggles.

The only bummer is he will have to undergo this entire surgery process in 4-5 months. While the surgeon said she was not 100% sure what was "behind the area" she worked on(because he is not yet fully developed) she chose her words to brace us that the condition might not be done yet.

Even then it should be quite treatable. She commented more then once how she never treated a case this early. Most cases almost always had permanent damage already done. So, knock on wood that we should be able to stay on top of this.

In the end, to think I am typing this..... while he eats a PBJ sammich, watching a cartoon..is a true miracle ..to me anyways. The money raised lifted our hearts in more ways then you know We would have found a way to pay for everything, we always do. But to have that worry removed in 1 day, at this time of year?

Speechless.

There really is no way to convey how grateful we are to have such friends. And not a complete stretch to say I understand all the more how George Bailey felt.

It really is a wonderful life.

I am going to take the advice of those who emailed me expressly, for me to buy some extra presents for the kids with their donations. Ellen will get Guitar lessons, and even more art supplies. And Trevor, well I am not sure what I will get him..but rest assured it will involve cars, balls, and army guys.

Everything else will go towards bills, and the rest dumped into a Mutual fund for future expenses.

Thanks again..to everybody.

Trevor was up today, and basically his old self. Aside from a big, red, angry dilated eye. He even wants to go to his half day pre school today!

The surgeon said that "whats done is done", and he cannot affect, or make worse the condition through rough play, or contact. Which relieved me to no end because I had no idea what the future held for him in regards to playing sports long-term. He will just need to wear sport goggles.

The only bummer is he will have to undergo this entire surgery process in 4-5 months. While the surgeon said she was not 100% sure what was "behind the area" she worked on(because he is not yet fully developed) she chose her words to brace us that the condition might not be done yet.

Even then it should be quite treatable. She commented more then once how she never treated a case this early. Most cases almost always had permanent damage already done. So, knock on wood that we should be able to stay on top of this.

In the end, to think I am typing this..... while he eats a PBJ sammich, watching a cartoon..is a true miracle ..to me anyways. The money raised lifted our hearts in more ways then you know We would have found a way to pay for everything, we always do. But to have that worry removed in 1 day, at this time of year?

Speechless.

There really is no way to convey how grateful we are to have such friends. And not a complete stretch to say I understand all the more how George Bailey felt.

I am going to take the advice of those who emailed me expressly, for me to buy some extra presents for the kids with their donations. Ellen will get Guitar lessons, and even more art supplies. And Trevor, well I am not sure what I will get him..but rest assured it will involve cars, balls, and army guys.

Everything else will go towards bills, and the rest dumped into a Mutual fund for future expenses.

So glad to hear that Trevor is doing so well. :applause:

Merry Xmas Kenny, Trevor and Family!

There really is no way to convey how grateful we are to have such friends.

And not a complete stretch to say I understand all the more how George Bailey felt.

. . . and we feel like the people who were able to save christmas for you <3

Detective 103 De-slabbed competitor's product 5.0 Shipping included $150

detective103-vgfn.jpg

Work here has been crazy, still is actually, but I've been meaning to get on here and grab this. Apparently it is my destiny. I mean come on, somebody wrote my name on it! If it's still available :takeit:

Get those kids some toys and don't forget to treat the whole family to a decent meal, use these funds to take everybody out. Now that you've got some time before the next round enjoy the holidays! These boards never cease to amaze me.....

There really is no way to convey how grateful we are to have such friends.

And not a complete stretch to say I understand all the more how George Bailey felt.

. . . and we feel like the people who were able to save christmas for you <3

charlie-brown-Christmas-memories.png

Merry Christmas! :)

Speechless.

:)

:applause: