• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Really don't understand this decision. Surely he is too old?

Where does he fit into Avengers 2 and the creation of the Vision? I suppose they are taking a different route with Ultron but this still seems one of the strangest castings yet for Marvel.

Where does he fit into Avengers 2 and the creation of the Vision? I suppose they are taking a different route with Ultron but this still seems one of the strangest castings yet for Marvel.

It does rule out any movie with a storyline where Pym abuses Janet. But, since Marvel movies tend toward an all age audience, that type of situation would be out of place. So, Pym isn't the contemporary of Hawkeye, Wasp, etc.? (shrug)

You know, I'm not a big fan of SHIELD being part of everything going on in the movieverse. I'm pretty sure Ultron and Vision are going to come about because of something SHIELD does though.

Edited by rjrjr

It does rule out any movie with a storyline where Pym abuses Janet. But, since Marvel movies tend toward an all age audience, that type of situation would be out of place. So, Pym isn't the contemporary of Hawkeye, Wasp, etc.? (shrug)

You know, I'm not a big fan of SHIELD being part of everything going on in the movieverse. I'm pretty sure Ultron and Vision are going to come about because of something SHIELD does though.

Think about the bolded part. That "situation" happened In a comic intended for children with a seal of approval by the CCA.

MP #47 has been more in demand and selling higher for a while now.

For me, Avengers #181 is always a classic. David Michelinie & Byrne really shook things up for the overall team. I just wish he had stayed on the title longer.

Gyrich addresses all Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. He tells them that they have to pare down to seven members (!!), and then proceeds to tell them who whose members will be! He lists Iron Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Captain America, Wasp, and... The Falcon? Iron Man objects, but Gyrich tells them equal opportunity for minorities is a federal requirement. Quicksilver also objects strenuously on the grounds that Falcon isn't even an Avenger, and then suddenly falls over. Thor rushes to "get a doctor", and outside the mysterious white-bearded man smiles.

Doctor Blake is waiting for test results. The Guardians of the Galaxy are leaving to return to their time. Wonder Man packs. Jan and Henry flirt. Various other no-longer-members leave to much sadness, with the few remaining to be gone in 24 hours, and then Wanda also mysteriously collapses! Dr. Blake reveals that Quicksilver's test results just came in - his heart no longer beats, but his body doesn't decay... He is neither dead nor truly alive!

What I like about this casting is that Marvel Studios can use Pym as a "link" to "Silver Age"-flavored stories, much in the same way that Captain America is a link to the Golden Age. Not that they are going to make period pieces like X-Men First Class, but just the idea that some character exists in the movies through which the history of that universe can be fleshed out.

Love Antman and I'm actually disappointed with who they chose to play Hank. I would have rather had an unknown actor. Plus, it would be more fitting to have a younger Hank and no Scott with how "young" the movie universe is.

Love Antman and I'm actually disappointed with who they chose to play Hank. I would have rather had an unknown actor. Plus, it would be more fitting to have a younger Hank and no Scott with how "young" the movie universe is.
(thumbs u

Michael Douglas Talks Ant-Man And Comic Con With David Letterman

“I’m going to do a Marvel Comic thing called Ant-Man with Paul Rudd,” said Douglas. “I’m going out and taking Dylan to Comic Con for the first time in my life, which I hear is a scene and a half.”

When Letterman asked if Ant-Man was a popular, long-running comic with incredible fans that can’t wait for it, Douglas replied, “I’m not a comic guy, Dave. I don’t think…a couple people in your staff know about it. I don’t think it was one of your major ones. This is about an ant, you know, it’s about a guy [the size of an ant].”

doh!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is not following just any stories. They are taking holy grail main stores from their comic book universe, and tweaking them for the modern mainstream audience to enjoy. These movies are like family events, and like you say Pym slapping his wife would be out of place for the all-ages audience going to see it.

Ant-Man has a chance to be a billon dollar franchise like Iron Man, and they want Ant-Man to a be a fan-friendly superhero, and not have any negativity that might affect merchandising sales.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

is it just me, or does Marvel not want to involve Hank Pym in a film? Not with Ultron. An ancient Pym in Ant-Man. hm

I think they are focusing more on Scott Lang because he is more of an anti-hero then Hank Pym. I am beginning to think that since Marvel couldn`t get back the movie rights to Spider-Man that they will push Ant-Man big-time with the mainstream audience. Scott Lang plays the wisecrackng superhero much better then Hank Pym.

Not good for Hank Pym fans.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur