• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

sounds like this movie would have been what "comic" book fans have been hoping for

Evangeline Lilly on the original -script

"I saw with my own eyes that Marvel had just pulled the -script into their world," she says. "I mean, they've established a universe, and everyone has come to expect a certain aesthetic [and] a certain feel for Marvel films. And what Edgar was creating was much more in the Edgar Wright camp of films. They were very different. And I feel like, if [Marvel] had created Edgar's incredible vision — which would have been, like, classic comic book — it would have been such a riot to film [and] it would have been so much fun to watch. [but] it wouldn't have fit in the Marvel Universe. It would have stuck out like a sore thumb, no matter how good it was. It just would have taken you away from this cohesive universe they're trying to create. And therefore it ruins the suspended disbelief that they've built."

sounds like this movie would have been what "comic" book fans have been hoping for

Evangeline Lilly on the original -script

"I saw with my own eyes that Marvel had just pulled the -script into their world," she says. "I mean, they've established a universe, and everyone has come to expect a certain aesthetic [and] a certain feel for Marvel films. And what Edgar was creating was much more in the Edgar Wright camp of films. They were very different. And I feel like, if [Marvel] had created Edgar's incredible vision — which would have been, like, classic comic book — it would have been such a riot to film [and] it would have been so much fun to watch. [but] it wouldn't have fit in the Marvel Universe. It would have stuck out like a sore thumb, no matter how good it was. It just would have taken you away from this cohesive universe they're trying to create. And therefore it ruins the suspended disbelief that they've built."

Her notion of 'classic comic book' would be interesting.

Is it PG? :/

I think nowadays we can get away with 14A on these things. This isn't 2001, parents seem to be getting more liberal with what they let their kids watch (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just hypothesizing!)

I just re-read this article and now I think it just means the "trailer" is PG

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/12/first-trailer-marvels-ant-man-classified-ratings-board.html

... but I don't know for sure hm

(shrug)

I think nowadays we can get away with 14A on these things. This isn't 2001, parents seem to be getting more liberal with what they let their kids watch (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just hypothesizing!)

You're wrong. I don't let my 10 and 11 yr olds see movies not appropriate for their age. There's a reason why movies like that have age restrictions. Although I know some parents that let their kids as young as 9 yr olds watch shows such as family guy and those are the kids who swears casually in the play ground and tends to be aggressive.

Edited by dead_clone

You're wrong. I don't let my 10 and 11 yr olds see movies not appropriate for their age. There's a reason why movies like that have age restrictions. Although I know some parents that let their kids as young as 9 yr olds watch shows such as family guy and those are the kids who swears casually in the play ground and tends to be aggressive.

Fair enough, and accurate - I should refine my statement to include only the Marvel movies being discussed :foryou: What are your thoughts there? Would a PG13/14A rating on Ant-Man affect you letting your kids watch?

Why did Disney need to make an Ant-Man movie?

This looks like it could be Marvel's first fail. It just looks horrible. :(

One observation: the coolest thing about Ant-Man was his helmet -- which now looks like a Star Lord rip off.

Now what's with the Avengers simple in the bottom right-hand corner?
I would guess that some early market tests show that people aren't familiar with the character and they probablay need to remind people that this is part of the Avengers universe.

As for the yellow jacket costume, looks like the spiderman civil war outfit, superior spiderman

Why did Disney need to make an Ant-Man movie?

This looks like it could be Marvel's first fail. It just looks horrible. :(

One observation: the coolest thing about Ant-Man was his helmet -- which now looks like a Star Lord rip off.

The Voice of Doom.