• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Trailers out

i can hope the trajectory is the same as GOTG where: the teaser trailer blew chunks, the final trailer was very encouraging and the movie was terrific. this is in the blows chunks category.

+1

Not sure what everyone is loving from the trailer.

Generic but with oodles of promise :applause:

+ 1

I'm sure it will do well. The trailer was a very short tease for now. But then again, it's only the first one. So based on that, not a bad first start.

first thing the trailer didn't catch me but it does look to be the most personal story out of all the marvel films, it could be like the first iron man movie.

Kevin Feige Teases Hank Pym's "Many Adventures" As ANT-MAN

According to the Marvel Studios President, Ant-Man is "one of the most surprisingly emotional" movies yet to be released by them, and part of what brings Scott and Hank Pym together is the fact that Pym too is seeking redemption with his daughter, Hope Van Dyne. "Hank Pym invented the Ant-Man technology, went on many adventures and is now much older and trying to recruit a new person,'' says Feige. "It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially."

]"It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially." [/b]

That is an interesting point as all the heroes have been first-timers, with no legacy involved that I can recall. Although with Tony Stark, I guess his legacy was utilizing his father's technology to develop the life-sustaining Iron Man power system.