• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Jordi Mollà Joins ANT-MAN As 'Castillo'; Supporting Character Names Revealed

-----------------

Regarding the new addition to the ensemble cast, it appears that Spanish actor Jordi Mollà, who's probably best known for playing the main antagonist of Michael Bay's Bad Boys II, will be playing Castillo in Ant-Man. This seems to confirm previous rumors from the beginning of the year that said Castillo would be a villain at the beginning of the Marvel movie, which will be set in the 1960s.

-----------------

Bobby Cannavale Briefly Talks Role In ANT-MAN

-----------------

"Well, that was cool," said the actor when asked essentially what made him agree to join the "Phase Two" Marvel adaptation. "And that was, again, another personal situation for me. Paul Rudd and I, you know, he’s one of my best friends—and he’s playing Ant-Man! It’s the weirdest thing in the world. We used to play cards for 50 cents a hand when we had no money at the same time, and here he is playing Ant-Man. He called me up and he’s like, 'Dude, they want you to play this part. You should come out. It’s just me and you in all of the scenes.' It was kind of easy for me to do."

-----------------

RUMOR: Possible Details On How ANT-MAN Will Connect To The MCU Revealed

-------------------

According to StarLog, Hank Pym will not only come across Howard Stark and Peggy Carter in the 60s flashback scenes. Supposedly he will also encounter 'a young military hot-head by the name of Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross', who was played by William Hurt in 2008's The Incredible Hulk. But that's not all. The article goes on to establish that The Avengers: Age of Ultron will kick-start the events that lead to Civil War, but also that General Ross will be working alongside Stark during the event - which isn't too hard to imagine given his stance on the Hulk.

Apparently Hank Pym will be approached by the General in Ant-Man's post credits scene, to recruit him to their effort to register all superheroes with the Government. The article also reveals that Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow will be imprisoned during Civil War, which they go on to speculate will lead to Scott Lang breaking her out using the Ant-Man suit.

-------------------

:ohnoez:

-------------------

Hank Pym apparently hates superheroes in the MCU, so his stance on the Registration Act should be a no-brainer - plus, it's about time General Ross made a comeback in the MCU. And if we're really reaching - there's already been an easter-egg spotted on the Ant-Man set in the form of a poster for the drinks Bruce Banner spent his non-Hulk days bottling. But would Marvel really rely on a character we haven't seen in years to connect Ant-Man to the wider MCU?

-------------------

hm

-------------------

Hank Pym apparently hates superheroes in the MCU, so his stance on the Registration Act should be a no-brainer - plus, it's about time General Ross made a comeback in the MCU. And if we're really reaching - there's already been an easter-egg spotted on the Ant-Man set in the form of a poster for the drinks Bruce Banner spent his non-Hulk days bottling. But would Marvel really rely on a character we haven't seen in years to connect Ant-Man to the wider MCU?

-------------------

hm

...Maybe this is a bit of a red herring and we'll get Talbot

Anyone remember James Gunn wanting to make a Thunderbolts movie? Remember Kevin Feige said he could do what he wanted if GotG was successful? Remember how successful it was? Phase 4 anyone?

Since Marvel got the rights back to Elektra, Punisher, and Ghost Rider, could we see a team up of them plus Red Hulk? And if any deal is made with Sony, Agent Venom.

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

I am willing to bet that this Ant-Man movie will beat the last Spider-Man movie domestically at the box-office.

200 million ASM 2 pulled in domestically.Right?

Ant-Man will beat that.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I am willing to bet that this Ant-Man movie will beat the last Spider-Man movie domestically at the box-office.

200 million ASM 2 pulled in domestically.Right?

Ant-Man will beat that.

That's a safe bet. After the box office miracle marvel pulled of with a bunch of unknown off beat heroes called TGOTG nothing would surprise me anymore.