• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

is it just me, or does Marvel not want to involve Hank Pym in a film? Not with Ultron. An ancient Pym in Ant-Man. hm

I think they are focusing more on Scott Lang because he is more of an anti-hero then Hank Pym. I am beginning to think that since Marvel couldn`t get back the movie rights to Spider-Man that they will push Ant-Man big-time with the mainstream audience. Scott Lang plays the wisecrackng superhero much better then Hank Pym.

Not good for Hank Pym fans.

I didn't think about that.

hm

Patrick Wilson And A Number Of Other Actors Depart Marvel's ANT-MAN

------------------------------

We don't entirely know what to expect from Marvel's panel at Comic-Con tomorrow, but we do know three men who won't be there when the Ant-Man cast assembles on stage. Deadline reports that Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman will no longer appear in the movie, and though there's speculation that this is due to Edgar Wright's departure, Marvel insiders "adamantly dispute that".

------------------------------

Aw man, I'm a big fan of Patrick Wilson. :(

On the plus side, it opens up the possibility of him later on playing a much bigger role in the MCU than throw away villain Cross Fire.

They showed footage from the film just a little bit ago at SDCC. Sounded like a teaser from the description. The whole cast was on stage but didn't do any QnA. Yellowjacket is the villain, it seems.

Peace,

Chip

ANT-MAN Director Peyton Reed Talks Stepping Into Edgar Wright’s Shoes, the State of the -script and the Film’s Villains at Comic-Con

I didn't realize they were filming so fast. But I guess to hit a July 2015 release date, it would have to get moving. It sounds like Peyton Reed has this back on track, though.

Production Officially Begins On ANT-MAN

----------------------

After more than 10 years of planning, Marvel's Ant-Man has finally commenced shooting. Director Peyton Reed has just sent out the following Tweet:

Alright, gang. Today is the day.

LET'S. GET. small.

----------------------

tumblr_lzlp9wZJbX1r236yno1_500.gif

John Slattery To Return As 'Howard Stark' In ANT-MAN; Full Cast & Synopsis Released

-----------------------

The cast of Ant-Man was already impressive, but an official list of those who will star in the movie is sure to get even sceptics excited! One of the biggest reveals is the fact that John Slattery will return as Howard Stark after playing the character in Iron Man 2, and while his role is easy to figure out, the others aren't. Personally, I would place my bets on Judy Greer being the young Janet Van Dyne, though Scott's ex-wife is another possibility. The young Abby Ryder Fortson seems like a good bet for Cassie Lang as well (meaning that Young Avengers movie could still be a good few years down the line), but the others are impossible to figure out!

-----------------------