• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Paul Rudd helped rewrite the Ant-Man -script?

Paul Rudd Expands On Rewriting Marvel's ANT-MAN -script

-----------------

“It somewhat happened organically,” Rudd told Entertainment Weekly. “When Edgar left, they were talking about directors and I knew Adam and Adam’s brilliant. So he came in to meet with them. He and I had some ideas and so we spent some time rewriting it and wound up doing a rewrite on the whole thing. All of a sudden, this took on a whole new life and was much more intensive that I had maybe anticipated. I’ve actually found myself in these kinds of situations before—maybe not quite on this level, but not far off—where all of a sudden you’re writing scenes and taking on writing responsibilities. And that’s okay. But it’s a little strange writing something that’s really, truly out of my comfort zone. I wouldn’t know how to begin to write [something like this], but sometimes you just hit the ground running, I guess. Thankfully Adam was there.”

-----------------

New 'ANT-MAN' Details Are Revealed

-----------------------

Meanwhile, director Peyton Reed talks about the technology they used for the shrinking scenes noting that they are using macro-photography and motion-capture technology:

“What we’re doing is very different from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids,” he says. “It’s going to be much more experiential.”

Co-Producer Brad Winderbaum adds:

“There are cameras and lenses that make small areas look like the most epic landscapes. Then we’re shooting motion capture with Paul to insert Ant-Man into those environments.”

-----------------------

antman2.jpg

antman4.jpg

concept-art-Ant-Man.jpg

Very cool set photos.

"It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially."

So, Thor found Mjilnor on the side of the road?

lol lol lol

"It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially."

So, Thor found Mjilnor on the side of the road?

I think the challenge may be which Marvel Mjolnir origin is referenced.

The hammer is created when Thor's adopted brother Loki cuts off the hair of the goddess Sif as part of a cruel jest, and, when threatened with violence by Thor, promises to fetch replacement hair from the dwarf smiths. Loki commissions the hair from the Sons of Ivaldi and the obliging dwarves also make a magic ship and spear as gifts for the gods. Loki is convinced that no one can match their workmanship, and challenges a dwarf named Eitri to make finer treasures. Eitri creates a golden ring and golden boar spear with magical properties, and finally begins work on a hammer. Loki panics at the sight of the treasures, and, afraid he will lose the wager, transforms himself into a mayfly and stings Eitri's assistant on the brow as he is working the bellows for the forge. The assistant stops for a moment to wipe away the blood, and the bellows fall flat. As a result, the hammer's handle is shorter in length than Eitri had originally intended, meaning that the hammer could only be wielded one-handed.

Despite the error, the Norse gods consider Eitri to have forged the greater treasures, and in retaliation Loki loses the bet and the Sons of Ivaldi sew Loki's lips shut. The ruler of the Norse gods, Odin, uses the hammer—called Mjolnir ("Grinder") by Eitri—and eventually passes it to his son Thor, who must first prove he is worthy to wield the weapon.

Another version of the hammer's origin is presented in the second volume of the title Thor, stating that Odin orders the dwarven blacksmiths Eitri, Brok and Buri to forge Mjolnir using the core of a star (the movie uses this origin as well, with Odin saying Mjolnir was "forged in the heart of a dying star") and an enchanted forge. The forging of the hammer is apparently so intense it destroys the star and nearly the Earth itself.

Mjolnir itself has several enchantments: no living being may lift the hammer unless they are worthy; it returns to the exact spot from which it is thrown and returns to Thor when summoned; it may summon the elements of storm (lightning, wind, and rain) by stamping its handle twice on the ground; manipulate the weather on an almost global scale; open inter-dimensional portals, allowing its wielder to travel to other dimensions (such as from Earth to Asgard); and transform Thor into the guise of a mortal, the physician Donald Blake, by stamping the hammer's head on the ground once. When Thor transforms into Blake, his hammer takes the appearance of a wooden walking stick. When disguised, the hammer's enchantments limiting those who may lift it are not in effect. The hammer itself has also shown to be unaffected by external enchantments.

The first was designed for and used by Odin, and was passed on to Thor afterwards. The second sounds like it was designed for Thor, and came with additional powers. The movie franchise is referencing the second origin.

]"It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially." [/b]

That is an interesting point as all the heroes have been first-timers, with no legacy involved that I can recall. Although with Tony Stark, I guess his legacy was utilizing his father's technology to develop the life-sustaining Iron Man power system.

I was thinking about this yesterday before I read the quote.

I wonder if a younger Hank Pym worked with SHIELD back in his day?

I was thinking about this yesterday before I read the quote.

I wonder if a younger Hank Pym worked with SHIELD back in his day?

COMICS: A Suited Up 'Hank Pym' Heads Into Action In First Look At ANT-MAN Movie Prequel

--------------------

Next month will see the release of Ant-Man Prelude, a two-part comic book which will reveal more about Hank Pym's early adventures. The story will be set during the Cold War, but how much it will reveal about the movie and the fate of Janet Van Dyne remains to be seen. Writer Will Corona Pilgrim says, "The Cold War played a pivotal role in the post-World War II world and shaping what would become the agency we all know as S.H.I.E.L.D. but when you’re talking about a global conflict that spanned decades, there is definitely a distinction between Peggy’s Cold War era, which would have been around the time of the Truman doctrine and Hank’s, which would have been closer to when Gorbachev was leader of the Soviet Union. S.H.I.E.L.D.’s evolving position in the world during all that time plays a big part in defining Hank Pym’s role as the Ant-Man."

--------------------

cwWq8Af.png

It`s going to be bigger, then the old timer comic book fans think it will be.

People underestimated Guardian of the Galaxy.

Marvel`s on a roll.

Unless the movie is substantially better than what the trailer hints at, Marvel's roll is coming to an abrupt end. GotG had humor, heart and a grand scale that was just terrific - in comparison, Ant-Man looks flat and lifeless.