• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

51YESMqHo5L.jpg

I picked this up on the cheap, yesterday. It's a fun story and quite possibly the blueprint for Dawn of Justice (...ok maybe not).

Yeah, it's also located on one of the seasons of the animated 90's Superman Adventures series as a two-parter. I think season two or three has a cool follow-up episode where Superman plays "Batman" (after Bats disappears) and easily defeats most of his rogue gallery. It was called "Nightfall".

51YESMqHo5L.jpg

I picked this up on the cheap, yesterday. It's a fun story and quite possibly the blueprint for Dawn of Justice (...ok maybe not).

Yeah, it's also located on one of the seasons of the animated 90's Superman Adventures series as a two-parter. I think season two or three has a cool follow-up episode where Superman plays "Batman" (after Bats disappears) and easily defeats most of his rogue gallery. It was called "Nightfall".

Did you notice how Bruce Wayne gets properly drawn eyes whilst Clark Kent just has dark spots?

51YESMqHo5L.jpg

Did you notice how Bruce Wayne gets properly drawn eyes whilst Clark Kent just has dark spots?

Nope. lol

Small correction - The episode where Superman wears the batsuit is "Knight Time". (One of my all-time favorites. :grin:)

Just a heads-up that Netflix has added some animation for the 1st time:

Justice League:War, Justice League: The Flash Paradox, and The Batman (seasons 1 -5) :cloud9:

I watched Justice League: War yesterday and was very disappointed.

Justice League:War, Justice League: The Flash Paradox, and The Batman (seasons 1 -5) :cloud9:

I think The Batman is a great show, despite it being "very non-canon" (and aimed at 6-11 year olds! :blush: ). It's fast-paced, fun and the fight scenes are superb. It also has two of the best Batmobile designs ever seen.

I liked it (thumbs u However, I'm starting to think I'm in the minority here...

I think you might very well be. ;)

I tried to like it, but a lot of things were just too annoying (Shazam), too odd (Superman), poorly written (Wonder Woman) and rushed (action scenes). I would have thought I would automatically have hated the Flashpoint and Arkham because the same type of production values, but they had a lot more substance in them.

I tried to like it, but a lot of things were just too annoying (Shazam), too odd (Superman), poorly written (Wonder Woman) and rushed (action scenes). I would have thought I would automatically have hated the Flashpoint and Arkham because the same type of production values, but they had a lot more substance in them.

i also like it but is it the best one out their no

i also like it but is it the best one out their no
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis is my "almost" good movie that I know a lot of people probably will dislike. Same with Superman: Unbound. I thought the first 45 minutes of Doom was great, but watched it slowly unravel into shallow comic book cliches. :(

I really liked Flashpoint animated movie. Besides that movie, only the CW TV series has taken advantage of characters from other worlds.

I enjoyed Flashpoint.

Some of the more recent DC animated movies have been a little less entertaining as the earlier films. I hope that doesn't become a pattern, as for a number of years DC/Warner was nailing the scripts each time.

I also like the Lego DC Superhero movies :cloud9: They need to make more Marvel movies with the same type of humor.
I thought the Marvel Superhero Squad had some pretty funny moments of kiddie-adult humor.

Agreed :grin:

It just seems to me like they're churning out more DC movies than Marvel. Toys-wise they're putting out really cool stuff for both!

Just finished JL: Gods&Monsters. A flawed, yet solid entry to the DC animated adventures. It held my interest enough until the end, but nothing I'm gonna remember after tonight. Recommended for a time passer.

1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns****

2. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse***1/2

3. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies***1/2

4. The Batman Superman Movie***1/2

5. All-Star Superman***1/2

6. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox***1/2

7. Batman: Assault on Arkham***1/2

8. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero***

9. Son of Batman***

10. Batman Vs. Robin***

11. Batman: Under The Red Hood***

12. Wonder Woman***