• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Oh man...

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-06%20at%209.22.40%20AM_zpsihobcdjz.png

That looks rubbish, fake, and reminds me of the dummy from 'The Corbomite Manuever' episode of Star Trek.

Reed and Sue seem out of place in today`s modern world.

The Human Torch can be replaced with the original android Jim Hammond from 1939.

The Thing is probably the only one of the four that has any value left.

So I think Marvel really only wants the FF back because the Silver Surfer, Doctor Doom and Galactus is where they will make their big money.

Not only can the Torch be replaced... he already has.

Just in case Marvel cannot use the name, "Human Torch" even by giving it to the Jim Hammond android as shown in an Easter Egg in Captain America: The First Avenger, they already have their back up plan.

Have you seen the latest Inhumans?

Dante - also known as Inferno of the Inhumans... I bought about five or six copies of FF45 years ago, I figured that Marvel would eventually do stuff like this if they did not have the rights to the characters that they wanted. I never thought it would go this far though.

3907878-inhuman+001-020.jpg

What's Stan Lee's cameo?

He declined? that would have been quite a tell.

Fox hasn't used him in years. He wasn't in the last two X-Men films either, but supposedly he's already filmed his cameo for the next X-Men film.

Ok now here is the real big question...

Is Kevin Feige ok? I am hoping that he did not laugh himself to death.

Kevin Feige isn't laughing. He doesn't want anyone to remember he was an executive producer for the 2005 and 2007 Fantastic Four films, and co-produced Elektra. There is a certain amount of trial and error in getting super hero films right.

By the way, FF now at 11% (Catwoman at 8% still in command for Worst Comic Book Movie of All Time). Ant-Man at 80%.

Edited by zosocane

Mission-Impossible did $55MIL it's opening weekend with a big name star and tons of great reviews....

MI: 5 has a 93% rating on RT. We saw it last weekend and I think it might be the best of the franchise. It's a home run movie.

And it looked it from the very 1st trailer.

no offense but I think anything with Tom Cruise is likely to be a home run. The guy is box office gold

Tom Cruise's domestic vs budget, last 4 movies...

Edge of Tomorrow - $100MIL BUDGET: $178MIL (-$ 78MIL)

Oblivion - $ 89MIL BUDGET: $120MIL (-$ 31MIL)

Jack Reacher - $ 80MIL BUDGET: $ 60MIL +$ 20MIL

Rock of Ages - $ 38MIL BUDGET: $ 75MIL (-$ 44MIL)

That's a Domestic loss total of $133 MILLION over his last 4 movies....

Surprising.......especially because I saw 3 of those movies at the theater!

Those films actually lost a lot more than that.

Remember: theatres account for around 50% of the box office take. A film needs to essentially DOUBLE its budget just to break even.

If the budget for Edge of Tomorrow was $178 Million, it needed to gross around $356 Million to break even. Worldwide, it grossed $369M, which means it *just barely* made a profit.

More than double, which is why a 2.5X of budget is a safe bet.

- Marketing expenses (not accounted for in the production budget)

- Accounting for any creator or actor revenue share

- Regional revenue share variances across foreign markets

Yes, that's what "essentially" and "around" means. It's not meant to be a precise accounting. Every film varies. The "double production" concept is a rough estimate that Hollywood has used effectively for decades.

Most profit sharing by talent comes when the film makes...ta da!...profit.

Yeah, that's spot-on.

I _love_ David Goyer, but he's come a long way from Kickboxer 2 & Demonic Toys.

His first comic book flick? Nick Fury -- the David Hasselhoff TV movie.

But in my mind he's redeemed himself by giving us the Blade trilogy (which helped spearhead this comic book movie renaissance) and the Nolan Batman trilogy. Man of Steel was flawed, but far better than Superman Returns.

There's a certain amount of trial & error in getting superhero films right.

Mission-Impossible did $55MIL it's opening weekend with a big name star and tons of great reviews....

MI: 5 has a 93% rating on RT. We saw it last weekend and I think it might be the best of the franchise. It's a home run movie.

no offense but I think anything with Tom Cruise is likely to be a home run. The guy is box office gold

Remember: theatres account for around 50% of the box office take. A film needs to essentially DOUBLE its budget just to break even.

If the budget for Edge of Tomorrow was $178 Million, it needed to gross around $356 Million to break even. Worldwide, it grossed $369M, which means it *just barely* made a profit.

Yes, that's what "essentially" and "around" means. It's not meant to be a precise accounting. Every film varies. The "double production" concept is a rough estimate that Hollywood has used effectively for decades.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 did 2.3X budget. So by a 2X assmption, this thing was a hit movie.

:insane:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 did 2.3X budget. So by a 2X assmption, this thing was a hit movie.

Probably not the best example as that was a guesstimated budget.

Probably not the best example as that was a guesstimated budget.

and if you look at the detailed analysis deadline.com did, this movie was shockingly profitable: Calculating in all expenses, Deadline.com estimated that the film made a profit of $70.38 million.[109]

Edited by paperheart

I can't help but wonder if a few of these critics are going so low for fear of criticism for rating it in the middle territory. I've seen a couple of critics say it's still worth watching. hm

Still, I am actually second-guessing if I want to pay $25 for ticket and popcorn to see it.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

For your birthday, I got you the right to voice your opinion of this film in this thread. (Even though everyone else has enjoyed the same privilege unmolested)

Anyway, hope you like it!

I actually went to Facebook and posted to my friends to NOT go to this movie. Let's try to have it fail bad enough that Fox will sell the rights back to Marvel.

Many responded to me that even though they know it'll probably be bad, they want to go anyway. :facepalm:

Edited by gadzukes