• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

How does this plot compare to the Ultimate storyline? I m not familiar with it

The only similarity is that the accident that happened in the Ultimate books took place while they were all teenagers. The thing about it only happening to Reed and Ben wasn't in that series--it happened to all four of them at once.

I'm neutral about the idea of it happening to them at different times until I hear more. That summary from the article linked doesn't say what the accident was or whether or not the same type of accident happened to both pairs of people. I can, however, imagine a few compelling reasons to split the origin up like that, I just don't know if the writer's idea for doing it will end up being a good one. It's best to reserve judgment until the full origin is revealed.

In all seriousness, I don't think it can be done in movie form. Too many characters plus a villain(s). Origin stories for all, and then a plot? Can't be done in two hours of screen time.

You can attain whatever you want if you love the characters.

If movies respected the characters in full, we would be having something awesome by now – but no surprise things went the way they went, seeing what Marvel is doing now with his characters in comics as well.

To everyone who are saying let Disney have the Fantastic Four property back, you have to ask yourself if they can really actually produce a movie about a superhero family (invisible girl, stretchy-person, etc) and make it work? hm

Fox has tried a couple of times already, third times the charm I figure. lol

I would love to see Pixar to get this myself.

-Jerel, who secretly loves the four-fingered Sue Storm from the Marvel "Superhero Squad Show".

How does this plot compare to the Ultimate storyline? I m not familiar with it

The only similarity is that the accident that happened in the Ultimate books took place while they were all teenagers. The thing about it only happening to Reed and Ben wasn't in that series--it happened to all four of them at once.

I'm neutral about the idea of it happening to them at different times until I hear more. That summary from the article linked doesn't say what the accident was or whether or not the same type of accident happened to both pairs of people. I can, however, imagine a few compelling reasons to split the origin up like that, I just don't know if the writer's idea for doing it will end up being a good one. It's best to reserve judgment until the full origin is revealed.

The one thing I try to remind myself when I am mortified by purported changes to a comic book franchise is that different doesn't necessarily mean a bad movie..... it just won't be true to form. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The first issue of the FF would make a very good film, without too many changes.

Introduce the monster threat to start the movie, then the FF come in, then a brief origin, then the Mole Man, then a big fight on Monster Island. They can even end the movie with some Monster island destruction freeing Namor from his deep sea tomb and that leads into a sequel.

The first one I sort of remember. Maybe I fell asleep.

The second one, I've only seen bits and pieces of.

I remember the early 90's Roger Corman one better. (shrug) Though that's mainly because I bootlegged the heck out of that thing back then.

Seriously try this animated series.

It comes close to capturing that spirit of Jack and Stan`s Fantastic Four. Even some John Byrne feel to it.

It was fun. Better then I thought it be.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

To everyone who are saying let Disney have the Fantastic Four property back, you have to ask yourself if they can really actually produce a movie about a superhero family (invisible girl, stretchy-person, etc) and make it work?

the_incredibles_disney-5017.jpeg

exactly. FF has already been done to perfection, it just happened to be in a non-FF movie.

To everyone who are saying let Disney have the Fantastic Four property back, you have to ask yourself if they can really actually produce a movie about a superhero family (invisible girl, stretchy-person, etc) and make it work?

exactly. FF has already been done to perfection, it just happened to be in a non-FF movie.

No offense....but that was FF perfection? How so?

No offense....but that was FF perfection? How so?

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and no Ryan Reynolds

So basically in the most superficial way in that they're a superhero family. It was pretty obvious Brad Bird was doing his riff on the FF. I'm sure you can guess what I thought of the movie :)

Is it asking too much to do a decent FF movie that's based at least loosely on the actual characters? Quit trying to jam too many characters and story arcs into one movie. Did we really need to have Reid and Sue's wedding and the Surfer and Galacticloud in the same movie?

Disney has to get back all the rights to

Spider-Man

X-Men

Fantastic Four

or this stuff will continue to happen.

Why, because Disney gets it so perfect? Excuse me while I :roflmao: