• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

:o:o:o

These caves would look awesome in CG!!!

They could use these caves for the FF movie - if using FF#1 & Mole Man as source material. The FF were always adventurers & explorers. I'd love to see them in that role.

Giant caves in China

article-2441450-18756C8400000578-383_964x640.jpg

un524c62b0.jpg

er-wang-dong-massive-cave.jpg

and this looks like something Kirby would have drawn...

leshan_giant_buddha__mount_emei_scenic_area___sichuan___china-1024x768.jpg

I don't quite get the casting. I don't have any problem with Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch because I don't feel like Johnny's race is a defining characteristic of the character either way. He works just as well black as white for me. So, fine.

However, Miles Teller as Reed Richards I just can't get behind. Because Reed's age and experience are defining characteristics of the character, at least to me. Teen Reed just doesn't feel right, and a Reed who is the same age or younger than Johnny is just hard for me to wrap my head around.

Maybe the screenplay is amazing and requires characters of this age, but... I'm skeptical.

Edited by Crimebuster

First of all, those caves are awesome, and would be beautiful to see in person, or in a movie. Sadly, they would just CGI a set like that instead, God forbid they use a real, living, breathing shooting set. I couldn't care less about a black Johnny Storm. That guy was awesome in Fruitville Station, and I'm pretty sure a black Torch is the least of the problems affiliated with what is sure to be a dead on arrival, flaming turd of an adaptation of what many believe to be the quintessential comic book originating from the Silver Age. A pudgy teenage looking guy as Reed? And the little dude from Billy Elliot as Ben Grimm? Seriously?

Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but it seems that they just don't get it.

This is gonna be bad-epically bad. get ready for reviews saying the original FF unreleased movie was 10 times better......

get ready for prices on FF back issues to plummet....

20th Century Fox feature film 'The Fantastic Four' casting lead actors

Filmmaker Josh Trank will direct "The Fantastic Four" from a screenplay written by Jeremy Slater, with revisions and polishes by Simon Kinberg. Trank made his film directorial debut with the Twentieth Century Fox feature film "Chronicle", which was made on a $12 million budget and raked in over $127 million at the box office. After completion of "The Fantastic Four", Trank will direct the Warner Bros. feature film "The Red Star" based on the comic book by Christian Gossett. He is also attached to direct Sony Pictures film adaptation of the video game "Shadow of the Colossus".

Now is your chance

So, um, is anyone else watching Game of Thrones...?

It has already been stated that this is not going to be based on the original 'origin' and will focus on a story that more resembles the ultimate universe. They are much younger characters in that series.

When are we going to realize that these movies are not being made for us? If they made a true to origin movie with a cast that was age correct, it would not be that successful and we would still complain (which already happened!) At least they have given the trolls something to do.

So let's get this straight:

1) Sue is cradle-robbing Reed.

2) Sue is white and the oldest of the four.

3) The Human Torch (Sue's brother) is black.

4) Ben Grimm is a skinny little guy.

WTF is going on here, a multicultural Twilight retcon?

When are we going to realize that these movies are not being made for us?

Come on, you fanboys were ( and still are) angry over X-Men 3 (a pretty good action movie) because of some changes (Juggernaut being a mutant, Dark Phoenix, etc.) that make these look like a drop in the bucket.

I've tried not to harp on this kind of stuff too much, and just take the movies as-is, but this is purely a Twilight/young adult retcon that will end badly. Like really, really badly, as adults will stay home and the tweens/kids will smell this scam a mile away.

I always take movies for 'as-is' and do plan to watch this film and don't mind the choices they made with regards to the casting.

I was generalizing the 'popular' unrest that we always see on these boards (and other outlets) when casting choices are made. Same thing that happens when a new writer gets on 'their favorite' book and 'ruins' it. I've skipped plenty of comics and movies over the years due to the fact they just don't interest me.

They didn't call me up and ask me for my opinion ever so I don't take it personally when they do something that I don't care for. I just find something else to watch/read.

So let's get this straight:

1) Sue is cradle-robbing Reed.

2) Sue is white and the oldest of the four.

3) The Human Torch (Sue's brother) is black.

4) Ben Grimm is a skinny little guy.

WTF is going on here, a multicultural Twilight retcon?

Just for arguements sake:

1) Reed could be a young prodigy

2) Sue could rob the cradle

3) Johnny could be her half brother, step brother or adopted

4) Ben could bulk up with his transformation.

I could deal with most of these changes if the -script and or story are of the highest quality, but all indications are that it's pure mess.

Have you guys read Ultimate FF? This sounds more like that...

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fantastic_Four

Millar completely rewrote the origin for the protagonists because he was not satisfied with the original 1961 story...[cut for length]

In their version, Millar and Bendis wrote a story in which Reed Richards is a child prodigy, protected by his burly friend Ben Grimm from bullies, and a genius who had invented a method of teleportation in his youth. He is discovered by government official Willie Lumpkin, and subsequently recruited into a child prodigy think tank/school located in the upper floors of the Baxter building. There he meets Professor Storm, who leads the project, and his children, bioengineer Susan Storm and her younger brother Johnny. Reed also becomes the rival of Victor Van Damme, a fellow student. When Reed becomes 21, he plans to teleport an apple into a parallel universe (the "N-Zone"), but Van Damme claims Reed's calculations are wrong and changes the setup at the last minute. The five students get teleported through the N-Zone, and when they rematerialize, they return heavily mutated. After the Fantastic Four return to the Baxter building, they must soon face their first opponent, Mole Man.