• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

The -script is more important than the actors.

hm So if the -script is awesome, they could cast Miley Cyrus as Sue Storm and Justin Beiber as Johnny.

hm So if the -script is awesome, they could cast Miley Cyrus as Sue Storm and Justin Beiber as Johnny.

Is that exactly what you understood from my post?

No, not at all. I was intentionally being silly, but honestly I think the -script and actors chosen are equally important. One can not succeed without the other.

No, not at all. I was intentionally being silly, but honestly I think the -script and actors chosen are equally important. One can not succeed without the other.

(thumbs u

doh!

They are all young, and they are all already very accomplished this far along in their acting careers. Maybe we'll actually get a movie worthy of the FF name. (shrug)

:roflmao:

I wish you were right.

I'm not worried about casting.

I'm more worried about the -script.

The casting of Jamie Bell means that The Thing will be CGI.

Bell has done motion capture before with the TinTin movie.

Getting the special effects right, for the Thing and Mr Fantastic in particular, is an imperative for this movie.

I just want to finally see a good FF film for once. Hope this is a step in the right direction.. Bring on Galactus already! !!!

Marvel will probably never put the Galactus on-screen we know from the comics. Kirby's original concept of the character was that he was a big space monster a la Fin Fang Foom, but Lee thought that would be hard for people to identify with, so he asked Kirby to make him a giant humanoid. A giant humanoid would look rather dumb on the big screen though and that's why we never saw Galactus in that second film. Odds are we'll never see him. (shrug)

doh!

No?

There needs to be a solid matchup between -script and actor, or this ends up being a bunch of fans rehearsing at a comic book store.

Hey! Someone should run with that, and call it something catchy.

COMIC BOOK MEN!

This could work.

I just want to finally see a good FF film for once. Hope this is a step in the right direction.. Bring on Galactus already! !!!

Marvel will probably never put the Galactus on-screen we know from the comics. Kirby's original concept of the character was that he was a big space monster a la Fin Fang Foom, but Lee thought that would be hard for people to identify with, so he asked Kirby to make him a giant humanoid. A giant humanoid would look rather dumb on the big screen though and that's why we never saw Galactus in that second film. Odds are we'll never see him. (shrug)

What would be interesting is if he were a shape changer and changed into humanoid when interacting with humans, etc. the way other alien or supernatural life forms have.

That could easily tie into the storyline both cloud and humanoid.

What would be interesting is if he were a shape changer and changed into humanoid when interacting with humans, etc. the way other alien or supernatural life forms have.

That could easily tie into the storyline both cloud and humanoid.

That's exactly the way they later retconned him to explain the dumb idea of why he looks like a big Earth human, that he appears in whatever form the inhabitants are on a planet he's consuming.

To say "Kirby's original concept of the character was that he was a big space monster a la Fin Fang Foom" is untrue and irresponsible to his legacy.

What we do know is Stan supposedly said "Have them fight God" and Jack came back with a complete story in #48 (the original pencils with the margin notes are still out there to see) and that Stan in his own words, knew nothing about the Silver Surfer until he saw the pages Kirby turned in.

+1 thats a good point, I hadnt thought about the TinTin connection.

CGI will be better than a silly padded suit!

+1 thats a good point, I hadnt thought about the TinTin connection.

CGI will be better than a silly padded suit!

And he would have more freedom to show movement & emotions with mo-cap suit than a padded suit.