• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

The X-men First Class movie had plenty of younger faces, were they going for the Twilight/teen-angst dreck? No they made a good movie, had a good -script and cast good actors.

Wow, did you even see the movie? doh!:tonofbricks:

Main Stars/Roles:

Michael Fassbender - Magneto - age 37

Kevin Bacon - Sebastian Shaw - age 56

James McAvoy - Prof. X - age 35

These three actors had the primary roles, and along with (January Jones - White Queen - age 36) provided the basic plotline - Magneto was the clear star of the movie and Shaw was the main villain, while the producers smartly allowed the younger actors to play co-starring roles as neophyte X-Men.

The FF casting is totally different, and it's the younger actors with 3 of the 4 main roles.

point taken, I guess I was thinking about the kids in the movie, but you're right the adults were the anchors.

(look mom, someone on the internet ceded a point when they were shown to be wrong, it can occur!)

What's wrong with having almost 30 year olds play the FF origin? Isn't that in line with the original origin as told by Kirby & Lee?

[side note: And no way does the FF reboot make 64M, it'll have the Hollywood promotions department behind it full force (unlike Chronicle).]

Main Stars/Roles:

:gossip: Subtract 4 years from each of those. The movie came out three years ago, and production was 4 years ago.

The X-men First Class movie had plenty of younger faces, were they going for the Twilight/teen-angst dreck? No they made a good movie, had a good -script and cast good actors.

Wow, did you even see the movie? doh!:tonofbricks:

Main Stars/Roles:

These three actors had the primary roles, and along with (January Jones - White Queen - age 36) provided the basic plotline - Magneto was the clear star of the movie and Shaw was the main villain, while the producers smartly allowed the younger actors to play co-starring roles as neophyte X-Men.

The FF casting is totally different, and it's the younger actors with 3 of the 4 main roles.

point taken, I guess I was thinking about the kids in the movie, but you're right the adults were the anchors.

(look mom, someone on the internet ceded a point when they were shown to be wrong, it can occur!)

What's wrong with having almost 30 year olds play the FF origin? Isn't that in line with the original origin as told by Kirby & Lee?

[side note: And no way does the FF reboot make 64M, it'll have the Hollywood promotions department behind it full force (unlike Chronicle).]

It'll have a bigger promotion than Chronicle, but they did promote that movie heavily.

But it's a limited audience.... How many people want to see Twilighty unknowns playing superhero?

Especially from a franchise that has failed twice already...

Free TV and getting people to go to the movies is two different things. Personally, I think there's a reason Vampire Diaries (primarily young Twilighty type cast) is on free TV and True Blood (with a more experienced cast) can thrive on a pay channel.

People are willing to pay for a higher quality performance.

Huh, I thought we were paying for the nakeditity. doh!

Worth every penny from that show!

:gossip: The movie came out three years ago, and production was 4 years ago.

Okay, so Kevin Bacon was only 55 when the movie was released - totally blew my point out of the water. :roflmao:

Well, I think you're exaggerating Bacon's screen time. He didn't have near as much as the younger crowd in that film.

Okay, so Kevin Bacon was only 55 when the movie was released - totally blew my point out of the water. :roflmao:

Well, I think you're exaggerating Bacon's screen time. He didn't have near as much as the younger crowd in that film.

Fassbender made that movie hands down. Without him it's an average movie.

Both actors made that movie. Bacon because he can play a villain flippant about other people's lives making you hate him more, and Fassbender because he was just overall incredible.

nerd-rage.jpg

lol

We live in a world where we can go to the movies, stuff our face with popcorn and soda, and get a chance to see our beloved comics hit the big screen. We're...so...abused. :cry:

I'll likely spend the money to see the new FF film in the theater and I'll decide then if it sucks or not. Of course the studio is going to gear it toward their target audience so they can make money because they know codgers will rant and rave and not pay - this is why they call it the movie business. :slapfight:

For those of you desiring the classic FF, you can always

Both actors made that movie. Bacon because he can play a villain flippant about other people's lives making you hate him more, and Fassbender because he was just overall incredible.

It was a good movie with a lot of talent, young and old.

The supposedly final castings are in:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66243

Going in the order shown in the photo below it's Jamie Bell as Thing, Miles Teller as Reed, Kate Mara as Sue, and Michael B. Jordan as Torch. Are they ditching the whole Sue/Johnny brother and sister thing, or is one of them adopted? (shrug)

FANTASTIC-FOUR-618-618x400.jpg