• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

But that shows exactly what I'm saying... even adjusted, a Fox movie needs to break $200MIL domestically to break $300MIL foreign. It's not likely this movie will do that.

Best case scenario: $400MIL worldwide.

And with a $160MIL 'reported' budget, it may look like 2.5, but they won't do a sequel for it.

B7Hg73Y.png

I don't see this movie going $480 MM worldwide. I can see it breaking $400 MM based on the success of the Foreign box office.

But that shows exactly what I'm saying... even adjusted, a Fox movie needs to break $200MIL domestically to break $300MIL foreign. It's not likely this movie will do that.

And with a $160MIL 'reported' budget, it may look like 2.5, but they won't do a sequel for it.

B7Hg73Y.png

I don't see this movie going $480 MM worldwide. I can see it breaking $400 MM based on the success of the Foreign box office.

$200MM US, pass me that joint.

B7Hg73Y.png

$200MM US, pass me that joint.

lol

Silly.

do not go on AICN and read the review from someone who claims to have seen the film if you: a) don't want to know everything that purportedly happens b) don't like the taste of vomit in your mouth
Got a link? I wanna see IT!!! :sumo:

Once it is noted that Doom is Reed's foster brother, Ben turns into the Thing when he gets emotional and can change back, Sue goes from only being able to turn invisible to flying in the span of 10 minutes, Reed does not stretch but manipulates “space”, and the film basically revolves around Johnny (he can do NO wrong in this film) those familiar with the source material will have a hard time enjoying it.

:facepalm:

Once it is noted that Doom is Reed's foster brother, Ben turns into the Thing when he gets emotional and can change back, Sue goes from only being able to turn invisible to flying in the span of 10 minutes, Reed does not stretch but manipulates “space”, and the film basically revolves around Johnny (he can do NO wrong in this film) those familiar with the source material will have a hard time enjoying it.

:facepalm:

Now THAT sounds like a load of hate from someone meaning to detract more than share. The Thing changes form based on emotions? Has anything in the trailer demonstrated that, anywhere?

FOUND IT!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/board/thread/246842452

So in the message boards of one of Aint It Cool News Fantastic Four articles (the one that promotes the free alamo drafthouse screening this Thursday is this guy by the name of BigJohnConnor proclaims he saw the film...and bashes it mercilessly. Sounds legit with the level of detail he goes into the film. I am copying and pasting all of his posts:

I've seen it. Nobody will believe me, but I saw a preview screening as a plus one with a friend that works in the industry. I love comic book films, and I even thoroughly enjoyed the first two Fantastic films for what they were. Nobody is going to *beep* believe how bad this film is, from beginning to end. There is NO soul in this movie. Jamie Bell is okay, but Mr Fantastic, Johnny, and Sue are horribly mis-cast. Miles Teller, who is a fine actor, is terrible in this. He clearly had no interest in the material. The villain is a joke, and is actually part of their *beep* family, and then comes back "Wrong". This movie is like it was directed by a child and produced by Christopher Nolan. They should have just called the movie Dark and Moody: The Seriously Dark and Moody Comic Book Movie. IT IS TERRIBLE. Probably a 2 out of 10. This movie will bomb. I doubt it clears 25 million for the weekend next week. There will be no sequel, there will be no X-Men crossover. Probably will score in the teens on Rotten Tomatoes, if that. It looks over-produced and saturated in darkness. Garbage. Any 5 minutes of Ant-Man is better than this film.

And don't expect a lot of action scenes, except for the obviously CGI heavy final battle between Reeds science team and his mad wittle brother. You see, brother wants to use the dimensional portal they created to give everyone the "dimensional travel sickness" so the whole populace will change at a molecular level as well. He is not really even evil, he just wants to force the next stage of evolution. He basically is trying to do the same thing Magneto did at the end of the first X-Men. But Reed is smarter than him, and realizes it will change the atoms of everything on the planet, not just people, and likely end all life on earth. Basically they fight at the portal, stuff from both dimensions intermingles and flies around, Victor beats the *beep* out of them, and then they team up like they did at the end of the first Fantastic Four movie, where they combined their powers, but of course here, they kinda just walk into each other, combing at a molecular level, and become more powerful and take Victor down. It's a over-dramatic CGI *beep* of a final battle. So you have the beginning of the movie, the fake brothers growing up together doing science stuff. The oreo cookie wonder twins who tragically lost their mother, even tho Sue is adopted, so technically I guess she lost three parent total. DRAMA. They all grow up super smart, they open a portal, the go through, they are attached by horrible, grey and black CGI world, they come back, they are different now, Victor is a bit more moody now, was kinda EMO but now more kinda punk and dickish, the military is suspicious, they start to change, the military freaks the *beep* out, then wants them as weapons, but black daddy says NO! they are not weapons . ..and then he weaponizes them and sends them out to save the world, just like he told the military not to do, but at some point he realized it is their destiny, because now they know everything is tied together, the stars, the planets, people, all life at the molecular level is the same, everything is family, they are all family, we are family, I got all my sisters (and brothers) and me. Also, Victor does not die. Also, there is no after credits stinger, Also, other then learning about and then practicing their powers, there is not major action until the finale.

More than just his childhood friend, he is basically his brother. Reeds father takes him in as a child and raises them together. And you know this never works in comic book movies, when they try to connect everyone and everything together. Cue large chunks of wasted time and film with poorly written family drama. Even the effects are dodgy, but EVERYTHING is gloomy. Reeds powers are the worst. The stretching effects are terrible. Oh, and by the way, he doesn't actually stretch at all. His body shape does not change. He is able to warp the space time around himself and manipulate it so it LOOKS like he is able to stretch. Ooooohh so scientific and more real now! Look what we learned from the Dark Knight movies! We don't have to go to space like the comic, we will just hop to another dimension and get "dimension travel sickness" from making the trip which will forever alter our atoms at a molecular level. We don't have powers, we have science and stuff! So *beep* lame.

Okay, so here's what happens with the first trip. Sue is not part of the team at first, she gets to do the whiny why don't I ever get to do anything trip because black daddy is over protective of her. In the first portal trip, Victor goes off by himself, and they have to return without him. Sue only joins the team to go back and find him and bring him back, that is why Victor is more "changed" because he was in the dimension longer. His power comes from the pull created by the dimensions wanting to combine together, he is now part of both dimensions and can tap into that power bridging the two dimensions. Sue really is a side character in this film, and her invisibility is what is concentrated on. She creates NO force shield of any kind in this movie until like the last two minutes she figures out she can do it and uses it once.

He is not so much a blogger, as much he believes is "free information." He is like a hipster version of a old school hacker. He a technology expert, but displays like shut in hacker behavior. He believes all humans have the right to everything, all tech and all info for free. He is hacker/nerd/hipster/goth and his character is just a mess. I would guess they filmed his entire part, and then did not like it and went back and filmed a bunch of little scenes to make the character seem "cooler" because even though he is not bad or evil, he comes off as a deushe bag. And then when he comes back from the portal, he is not really even bad or evil, he just wants to give everyone on the planet a chance to evolve like he did. He's not evil, he's just really emotional, so with great power and woosey whiney behavior, he just decides to do whatever he wants cause he can. But he is not menacing, he is a powerful, petulant child basically.

And finally, and most horribly, Sue is not invisible. She does not gain the power of invisibility. Her atoms can move so fast she can't be seen by the human eye. So it's not magic or powers . . .it's science bro. And oh my god .. . the Thing. He is not stone or block or rock or whatever anybody ever thought he was . . his body does not change. He does not "grow bigger." He has the heightened ability of a evolved mollusk, and his body grows a nearly impenetrable SHELL . .. let that soak in . . SHELL! Like a *beep* ninja turtle . . and the SHELL, while nearly impenetrable, has the ability to change itself in real time to "absorb" impact. So the little dude is still in there basically, covered in a huge *beep* SHELL when it's time to fight. My god, I bet when they first screened this film at the studio, somebody probably tried to strangle Josh Trank. No *beep* way would they EVER let this dude direct a Star Wars movie. Not sure how this went so bad, but it is really that bad, not just being negative, I wanted to like it, but there was just no *beep* way. The music is not half bad though during the film, but the closing theme music is a *beep* terrible mess of electronic nonsense that just reminds you of the jumbled mess you just watched

At first it is purely reactionary, it happens when he feels threatened or scared, but of course by the end of the movie he can change pretty much at will, which is completely a plot line lifted from the Hulk in Marvel's film. Of course this completely ruins the character, not being forced to live as a monster pretty much negates his entire character arc. Actually, most of the ideas in this movie are stolen from successful movies. The "real" and "dark" tone is stolen from the Nolan Batman movies and Man of Steel, The Thing's storyline is a copy of the Hulk from Marvel, Sue having mommy issues and dead parent issues is stolen from Batman and Spiderman, Reed's, although much younger, storyline of losing control of his world and also his fear of failing everyone is lifted right from Iron-Man's Tony Stark issues, Johnny is basically the *beep* up brother who never takes anything seriously until he becomes a man, which takes about twenty minutes of screen time. He represents the coming of age storyline which has been done to death in countless movies, he comes off as a black Peter Parker from the crappy Amazing Spiderman films.

OH MY GAAAWWWD! If this is all true I may very well just go see this just to get a good Laugh! :roflmao:

Yeah, then the guy showed his real colors with this fine, upstanding comment.

The oreo cookie wonder twins who tragically lost their mother, even tho Sue is adopted, so technically I guess she lost three parent total.

What a dirtbag statement.

FOUND IT!

So in the message boards of one of Aint It Cool News Fantastic Four articles (the one that promotes the free alamo drafthouse screening this Thursday is this guy by the name of BigJohnConnor proclaims he saw the film...and bashes it mercilessly. Sounds legit with the level of detail he goes into the film. I am copying and pasting all of his posts:

I've seen it. Nobody will believe me, but I saw a preview screening as a plus one with a friend that works in the industry. I love comic book films, and I even thoroughly enjoyed the first two Fantastic films for what they were. Nobody is going to *beep* believe how bad this film is, from beginning to end. There is NO soul in this movie. Jamie Bell is okay, but Mr Fantastic, Johnny, and Sue are horribly mis-cast. Miles Teller, who is a fine actor, is terrible in this. He clearly had no interest in the material. The villain is a joke, and is actually part of their *beep* family, and then comes back "Wrong". This movie is like it was directed by a child and produced by Christopher Nolan. They should have just called the movie Dark and Moody: The Seriously Dark and Moody Comic Book Movie. IT IS TERRIBLE. Probably a 2 out of 10. This movie will bomb. I doubt it clears 25 million for the weekend next week. There will be no sequel, there will be no X-Men crossover. Probably will score in the teens on Rotten Tomatoes, if that. It looks over-produced and saturated in darkness. Garbage. Any 5 minutes of Ant-Man is better than this film.

And don't expect a lot of action scenes, except for the obviously CGI heavy final battle between Reeds science team and his mad wittle brother. You see, brother wants to use the dimensional portal they created to give everyone the "dimensional travel sickness" so the whole populace will change at a molecular level as well. He is not really even evil, he just wants to force the next stage of evolution. He basically is trying to do the same thing Magneto did at the end of the first X-Men. But Reed is smarter than him, and realizes it will change the atoms of everything on the planet, not just people, and likely end all life on earth. Basically they fight at the portal, stuff from both dimensions intermingles and flies around, Victor beats the *beep* out of them, and then they team up like they did at the end of the first Fantastic Four movie, where they combined their powers, but of course here, they kinda just walk into each other, combing at a molecular level, and become more powerful and take Victor down. It's a over-dramatic CGI *beep* of a final battle. So you have the beginning of the movie, the fake brothers growing up together doing science stuff. The oreo cookie wonder twins who tragically lost their mother, even tho Sue is adopted, so technically I guess she lost three parent total. DRAMA. They all grow up super smart, they open a portal, the go through, they are attached by horrible, grey and black CGI world, they come back, they are different now, Victor is a bit more moody now, was kinda EMO but now more kinda punk and dickish, the military is suspicious, they start to change, the military freaks the *beep* out, then wants them as weapons, but black daddy says NO! they are not weapons . ..and then he weaponizes them and sends them out to save the world, just like he told the military not to do, but at some point he realized it is their destiny, because now they know everything is tied together, the stars, the planets, people, all life at the molecular level is the same, everything is family, they are all family, we are family, I got all my sisters (and brothers) and me. Also, Victor does not die. Also, there is no after credits stinger, Also, other then learning about and then practicing their powers, there is not major action until the finale.

More than just his childhood friend, he is basically his brother. Reeds father takes him in as a child and raises them together. And you know this never works in comic book movies, when they try to connect everyone and everything together. Cue large chunks of wasted time and film with poorly written family drama. Even the effects are dodgy, but EVERYTHING is gloomy. Reeds powers are the worst. The stretching effects are terrible. Oh, and by the way, he doesn't actually stretch at all. His body shape does not change. He is able to warp the space time around himself and manipulate it so it LOOKS like he is able to stretch. Ooooohh so scientific and more real now! Look what we learned from the Dark Knight movies! We don't have to go to space like the comic, we will just hop to another dimension and get "dimension travel sickness" from making the trip which will forever alter our atoms at a molecular level. We don't have powers, we have science and stuff! So *beep* lame.

Okay, so here's what happens with the first trip. Sue is not part of the team at first, she gets to do the whiny why don't I ever get to do anything trip because black daddy is over protective of her. In the first portal trip, Victor goes off by himself, and they have to return without him. Sue only joins the team to go back and find him and bring him back, that is why Victor is more "changed" because he was in the dimension longer. His power comes from the pull created by the dimensions wanting to combine together, he is now part of both dimensions and can tap into that power bridging the two dimensions. Sue really is a side character in this film, and her invisibility is what is concentrated on. She creates NO force shield of any kind in this movie until like the last two minutes she figures out she can do it and uses it once.

He is not so much a blogger, as much he believes is "free information." He is like a hipster version of a old school hacker. He a technology expert, but displays like shut in hacker behavior. He believes all humans have the right to everything, all tech and all info for free. He is hacker/nerd/hipster/goth and his character is just a mess. I would guess they filmed his entire part, and then did not like it and went back and filmed a bunch of little scenes to make the character seem "cooler" because even though he is not bad or evil, he comes off as a deushe bag. And then when he comes back from the portal, he is not really even bad or evil, he just wants to give everyone on the planet a chance to evolve like he did. He's not evil, he's just really emotional, so with great power and woosey whiney behavior, he just decides to do whatever he wants cause he can. But he is not menacing, he is a powerful, petulant child basically.

And finally, and most horribly, Sue is not invisible. She does not gain the power of invisibility. Her atoms can move so fast she can't be seen by the human eye. So it's not magic or powers . . .it's science bro. And oh my god .. . the Thing. He is not stone or block or rock or whatever anybody ever thought he was . . his body does not change. He does not "grow bigger." He has the heightened ability of a evolved mollusk, and his body grows a nearly impenetrable SHELL . .. let that soak in . . SHELL! Like a *beep* ninja turtle . . and the SHELL, while nearly impenetrable, has the ability to change itself in real time to "absorb" impact. So the little dude is still in there basically, covered in a huge *beep* SHELL when it's time to fight. My god, I bet when they first screened this film at the studio, somebody probably tried to strangle Josh Trank. No *beep* way would they EVER let this dude direct a Star Wars movie. Not sure how this went so bad, but it is really that bad, not just being negative, I wanted to like it, but there was just no *beep* way. The music is not half bad though during the film, but the closing theme music is a *beep* terrible mess of electronic nonsense that just reminds you of the jumbled mess you just watched

At first it is purely reactionary, it happens when he feels threatened or scared, but of course by the end of the movie he can change pretty much at will, which is completely a plot line lifted from the Hulk in Marvel's film. Of course this completely ruins the character, not being forced to live as a monster pretty much negates his entire character arc. Actually, most of the ideas in this movie are stolen from successful movies. The "real" and "dark" tone is stolen from the Nolan Batman movies and Man of Steel, The Thing's storyline is a copy of the Hulk from Marvel, Sue having mommy issues and dead parent issues is stolen from Batman and Spiderman, Reed's, although much younger, storyline of losing control of his world and also his fear of failing everyone is lifted right from Iron-Man's Tony Stark issues, Johnny is basically the *beep* up brother who never takes anything seriously until he becomes a man, which takes about twenty minutes of screen time. He represents the coming of age storyline which has been done to death in countless movies, he comes off as a black Peter Parker from the crappy Amazing Spiderman films.

OH MY GAAAWWWD! If this is all true I may very well just go see this just to get a good Laugh! :roflmao:

So glad you pointed this 'reviewer' out as a solid source.

PROFILE: BigJohnConnor

Read all the way down the nastiness this person has been posting over a series of weeks. Especially his views on homosexuals, animal sex, and loads of other wonderful topics. You found a winner, Sam!

:applause:

FOUND IT!

So glad you pointed this 'reviewer' out as a solid source.

PROFILE: BigJohnConnor

Read all the way down the nastiness this person has been posting over a series of weeks. Especially his views on homosexuals, animal sex, and loads of other wonderful topics. You found a winner, Sam!

:applause:

I know how to pick 'em. :sick::tonofbricks:

I know how to pick 'em. :sick:

This is one hateful person. Some of the things he has posted since joining May 2015 would make the baby Jesus cry.

I bet this guy never even saw the movie. He just read enough about the movie - real or otherwise - to tell a good story. So why not continue his hatefest by tearing into this film?

This movie may end up a flop. There is that possibility. But I'd rather have some real reviews.

FOUND IT!

Did Virginia Wolf on acid write that review?

We're arguing two separate things, it seems.

I (and Bosco) are pointing to $350+ million worldwide (which is domestic + foreign), whereas you're saying $350+ million in foreign alone. Which would equate to at least $450 worldwide (a huge stretch).

My contention is there's no way FF doesn't do at least $110 million domestic + $250 million foreign = $360 million worldwide.

That wouldn't be a great performance, let alone summer tentpole worthy, but neither would it be a) a disaster or b) bad enough for Fox to let the rights reverts back to Disney.

Put another way, Ant-Man will cross $300 million worldwide within one week.

There's _zero_ chance FF doesn't do significantly better than that (ie. $350+ million worldwide) given the far greater popularity (and name recognition) of the brand, as well as the fairly popular talent involved.

You believe that if this movie does $360MIL Wordwide, on a $160MIL+ budget, with the bad reviews that it's sure to get, that it will be green-lit for a sequel?

I highly doubt it.

In fact, I have a feeling that behind close doors, Fox has already decided not to make a sequel to this.

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.

I haven't seen this much hate for a movie since Man of Steel when people convinced themselves Superman had never killed someone before. It has that same sense of desire to see the movie fail.

FOUND IT!

Hahaha. Real or not, that was f'n hysterical.

If that review is true, then it looks like Corman's version of Dr Doom is the closest anyone got to the character in the movies. That's kind of insane, as Doom seems so easy to understand. And there's no need to change him much, as obviously he's a great villain that many people love.

That's some up mess right there.

I guess we'll find out this week.

I heard we are all going to be in for a surprise.

:)