• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

So if you have a problem with someone saying you're 'cheerleading', rather than engaging in a discussion about why the information/trailers leading up to the movie are good or bad; then understand when you make blanket statements like this:

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.

It will open you up to that.

So we're clear: No one called you a 'mindless fanboy', they just accused you of cheerleading because of your strong reaction toward others' negative opinions of the movie.

You made up your mind sometime in 2015 that you want to give this movie a chance.

Up until today, no one criticized YOU for that. The movie yes, YOU, no.

YOU have made a few statements criticizing OTHERS for their negative stance on the movie. Just yesterday was the latest.

So someone responded, by taking that as cheerleading.

You want the movie to succeed. You're annoyed by those who don't.

You express it.

(shrug)

:foryou:

Nobody was annoyed. That's how you are interpreting a situation.

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.

I haven't seen this much hate for a movie since Man of Steel when people convinced themselves Superman had never killed someone before. It has that same sense of desire to see the movie fail.

I was asking why people come across like they are hopeful this fails. That's not getting annoyed. That's your perception - most probably because anyone not seeing this your way may come across as not being sensitive to your fan needs.

If you don't like the movie, and already made your statement about it - super. Why keep bringing a repeat negative tone to something you already noted is not your cup of tea? Just to make sure everyone is very clear you are not happy about a movie that hasn't even hit the market yet?

That's AN approach. Do realize it comes across like it is an attempt to force everyone else to have the same view. The actions some blame others of, yet do themselves.

I will admit that a part of me has and does hope it fails. For me hopefully it will teach Hollywood that when dealing with superhero movies, you have to show some respect to the source and make changes that make sense. Changes just to make changes rarely work. A better cast would be be nice as well. Someone can be a terrific actor/actress but doesnt mean they are right for every role.

"Rarely are films of this size critically well received," [Miles Teller] added. "This is not a movie we're going to go on Rotten Tomatoes and it's going to be at 80 or 90 per cent. We did try to do something more than soulless, popcorn action. We tried to make something coming from a more dramatic standpoint so we're hoping that people enjoy it and recognise that we're trying to do something original."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123597

I will admit that a part of me has and does hope it fails. For me hopefully it will teach Hollywood that when dealing with superhero movies, you have to show some respect to the source and make changes that make sense. Changes just to make changes rarely work. A better cast would be be nice as well. Someone can be a terrific actor/actress but doesnt mean they are right for every role.

Just a reminder -- FF 2. Galactus is a _cloud_.

I threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it.

This film supposedly respects the source material, in that the source material is Ultimate FF.

FF 2 was just stupid beyond words.

So if you have a problem with someone saying you're 'cheerleading', rather than engaging in a discussion about why the information/trailers leading up to the movie are good or bad; then understand when you make blanket statements like this:

It will open you up to that.

So we're clear: No one called you a 'mindless fanboy', they just accused you of cheerleading because of your strong reaction toward others' negative opinions of the movie.

You made up your mind sometime in 2015 that you want to give this movie a chance.

Up until today, no one criticized YOU for that. The movie yes, YOU, no.

YOU have made a few statements criticizing OTHERS for their negative stance on the movie. Just yesterday was the latest.

So someone responded, by taking that as cheerleading.

You want the movie to succeed. You're annoyed by those who don't.

You express it.

(shrug)

Nobody was annoyed. That's how you are interpreting a situation.

I haven't seen this much hate for a movie since Man of Steel when people convinced themselves Superman had never killed someone before. It has that same sense of desire to see the movie fail.

I was asking why people come across like they are hopeful this fails. That's not getting annoyed. That's your perception -

Sure. It's my perception. I tried to read your statement with a happy face, didn't work.... then I tried it in a Woody Allen voice, still came across as annoyed. Tried it in a serious Ted Knight voice... nope, still sounds annoyed.... who's a good low key voice, I KNOW, Paul Rudd... hmm... tried it in a Paul Rudd sort of monotone, and it still comes across as annoyed.

Sorry Nick, even in flat writing on the screen, it comes across as annoyed. In fact, it's whole purpose of saying it comes from a position of being uncomfortable, which.. is basically annoyed.

most probably because anyone not seeing this your way may come across as not being sensitive to your fan needs.

I could not care less about how anyone sees MY 'fan needs', whatever the heck that is, or my opinion. You may have noticed here, I'm not exactly afraid to go against the grain.

If you don't like the potential movie, and already made your statement about it - super. Why keep bringing a repeat negative tone to something you already noted is not your cup of tea? Just to make sure everyone is very clear you are not happy about a movie that hasn't even hit the market yet?

See. You are annoyed. You're trying to tell people to stop venting their opinion on a public chat board.

You'll deny deny deny, but it's EXACTLY what you're doing.

If it doesn't bother you, if you're not ANNOYED, why do you keep asking them to stop?

And where do you think you get the right to ASK them to stop?

We keep VENTING, because they keep releasing more information on the movie. You keep posting those silly trailers and I keep HOPING I'll see something that will change my mind. But I haven't. So I express myself.

It's a chat board.

That's AN approach. Do realize it comes across like it is an attempt to force everyone else to have the same view. The actions some blame others of, yet do themselves.

Oh no.

I'll not tolerate this.

You're being a hypocrite here. How can you tell me in the last statement, to essentially STOP stating my opinion's and then tell me in the next that it's ME trying to force everyone to have the same view?

Just because I'm GOOD at stating my opinion or GREAT at backing up information with facts or CLEVER at making it humorous in a way that some people enjoy reading (thanks to everyone for all the PM's telling me how much they enjoy my rants), it DOES NOT mean I'm trying to CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less.

I've told no one here they're wrong for liking the trailers or that they shouldn't go see the movie. Knock yourself out. Different people enjoy different things. Some people LIKED Amazing Spider-man and Andrew Garfield and his hair and whatever. Right on. I DIDN'T. That's just opinion. Doesn't make ME right or them right, it's just opinion, and I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion. (Now if someone gets FATCS wrong, that's a different story.)

As far as this FF movie, I've simply made a case for MYSELF as to why I think it's been poorly handled in almost every way. If someone DOES or DOESN'T change their mind because of that, it would make absolutely no difference in the world to me.

Because A) It just doesn't... I don't care...I don't state my case for anyone but myself

and B) because I already know I'm right about most of the declarative statements I've made about this movie.

- It won't break $150MIL domestically

- it won't break $300MIL foreign

- they won't make a sequel in less than 2 years

- the critics will pan it

That's all just ME over-pontificating on a dumb movie, but... what is it YOU are doing?

Oh yeah, wanting to squelch the negativity.

What are your reasons for that, Nick?

Cause you want the movie to do well. You want people to give it a chance! Ah!

That's cheerleading bro.

I liked AoU but felt that there was a lot missing (much of which is fixed in the Directors Cut) Come on I always see Marvel movies like a week before release :P You know that. Wanted to punch Miles Teller (spelling?) in the face the whole time. Michael B. Jordon I have to give a lot of credit to, he was really good. The girl who played Sue (Kate Mara?) was interesting. Played the roll more "motherly", which I felt was better than Alba's take.

I liked AoU but felt that there was a lot missing (much of which is fixed in the Directors Cut) Come on I always see Marvel movies like a week before release :P You know that. Wanted to punch Miles Teller (spelling?) in the face the whole time. Michael B. Jordon I have to give a lot of credit to, he was really good. The girl who played Sue (Kate Mara?) was interesting. Played the roll more "motherly", which I felt was better than Alba's take.

Hey now! Isn't there an embargo on reviews? (tsk)

Hey now! Isn't there an embargo on reviews? (tsk)

Yup.... don't tell fox lol

Speaking of Michael P. Jordan....I was watching the original Rocky on MGM-HD last night and during one of their intermissions they ran a 4-5 preview/trailer for "Creed" and he looks PERFECT for that role.

First "Rocky franchise" movie I've wanted to see since 3.

Oh no.

I'll not tolerate this.

Now THIS is the fear Fox needs to strike when Galactus descends from the clouds.

:baiting:

You're being a hypocrite here. How can you tell me in the last statement, to essentially STOP stating my opinion's and then tell me in the next that it's ME trying to force everyone to have the same view?

Just because I'm GOOD at stating my opinion or GREAT at backing up information with facts or CLEVER at making it humorous in a way that some people enjoy reading (thanks to everyone for all the PM's telling me how much they enjoy my rants), it DOES NOT mean I'm trying to CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Chuck, are you being serious here? Plenty of people post their views on a movie, with plenty of facts and research to share. I don't think they need to pat themselves on the back by showing how STRONG and THOROUGH their research and analysis abilities are.

It's okay to have a differing opinion. But if all you want to do is paint a negative picture for whatever reason, it is going to come across as distracting after a while. If there is a bar or restaurant you frequented previously that in the end was a bad experience, do you go back repeatedly and yell out "I HATE THIS PLACE! And you all should know that' repeatedly? And at least in that case, it would be because you WENT to those places. Not because you listened to others.

And if you have people sending you 'PM's of support' over a movie thread - great. Sounds like a really serious topic that required that encouragement and support. Or not.

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less.

You must. You're spending all this time trying to prove your point everything you have to say is

I've told no one here they're wrong for liking the trailers or that they shouldn't go see the movie. Knock yourself out. Different people enjoy different things. Some people LIKED Amazing Spider-man and Andrew Garfield and his hair and whatever. Right on. I DIDN'T. That's just opinion. Doesn't make ME right or them right, it's just opinion, and I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion. (Now if someone gets FATCS wrong, that's a different story.)

You're being more of a hypocrite than you realize, Chuck. But if this is how you want to burn up digits on a chat board, no worries.

You are doing in this thread what you did with Amazing Spider-Man 2. But in the case of the latter movie, at least you SAW the movie once you took a hard stance against it. You have not even watched the Fantastic Four movie yet. But because of all the rumors and 'details' shared on the internet, it must be a failure.

And once you were against the ASM2 movie, any time ComicConnoisseur posted about the movie, you made sure to pounce on any positives he had to share about the film. And that carried on for quite a long while. I'm not the only one that took notice, but avoided the conversations. I didn't want to get in the middle of the posts that were being made.

That's all just ME over-pontificating on a dumb movie, but... what is it YOU are doing?

Oh yeah, wanting to squelch the negativity.

What are your reasons for that, Nick?

Cause you want the movie to do well. You want people to give it a chance! Ah!

That's cheerleading bro.

You want to continue being negative about a movie you have not even watched yet? Have at it. But don't act all offended if it gets noticed as being overly negative when we don't even have all the details yet.

Feel better now that you got that out of your system?

Speaking of Michael P. Jordan....I was watching the original Rocky on MGM-HD last night and during one of their intermissions they ran a 4-5 preview/trailer for "Creed" and he looks PERFECT for that role.

We shall see. I hope it is a success, as I like the early Rocky franchise.

The best thing they could have done was inject charismatic new blood into it.

Sliding Rocky into the Mickey role was the best thing possible

The best thing they could have done was inject charismatic new blood into it.

Sliding Rocky into the Mickey role was the best thing possible

When I first saw the "Creed" trailer -- before we see Rocky show up -- I thought it was a prequel of Apollo Creed's start into boxing. We never saw how Apollo became Apollo before Rocky I. There is so much Stallone can do with that Rocky franchise, and it's terrific to see it come back to life with Apollo's son. We sort of pick up where Rocky IV left off (I discard Rocky V).