• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Speaking of Michael P. Jordan....I was watching the original Rocky on MGM-HD last night and during one of their intermissions they ran a 4-5 preview/trailer for "Creed" and he looks PERFECT for that role.

First "Rocky franchise" movie I've wanted to see since 3.

We shall see. I hope it is a success, as I like the early Rocky franchise.

The best thing they could have done was inject charismatic new blood into it.

Sliding Rocky into the Mickey role was the best thing possible

I would have never seen that approach coming. So I was surprised when Rocky steps out and starts talking.

You're being a hypocrite here. How can you tell me in the last statement, to essentially STOP stating my opinion's and then tell me in the next that it's ME trying to force everyone to have the same view?

Just because I'm GOOD at stating my opinion or GREAT at backing up information with facts or CLEVER at making it humorous in a way that some people enjoy reading (thanks to everyone for all the PM's telling me how much they enjoy my rants), it DOES NOT mean I'm trying to CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Chuck, are you being serious here? Plenty of people post their views on a movie, with plenty of facts and research to share. I don't think they need to pat themselves on the back by showing how STRONG and THOROUGH their research and analysis abilities are.

It's okay to have a differing opinion. But if all you want to do is paint a negative picture for whatever reason, it is going to come across as distracting after a while. If there is a bar or restaurant you frequented previously that in the end was a bad experience, do you go back repeatedly and yell out "I HATE THIS PLACE! And you all should know that' repeatedly? And at least in that case, it would be because you WENT to those places. Not because you listened to others.

And if you have people sending you 'PM's of support' over a movie thread - great. Sounds like a really serious topic that required that encouragement and support. Or not.

5-head-bounces-off-jose-cansecos-head-for-home-run.gif

:foryou::baiting:

Completely missed the point. Or rather distracted away from it.

You want the negativity to stop. And then you say it's forcing someone to change their views, when, making someone stop giving their opinion is forcing someone to change their views.

Whatever it is you're going to point at me, and claim about me and try and focus the post on me the rest the way through this; I want you to realize there are people here that are not that easily fooled and see very well exactly what you did there.

It's hypocritical.

Not saying you're a hypocrite, but THERE, you were being hypocritical.

Okay, go on with misrepresenting what I said....

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less.

You must. You're spending all this time trying to prove your point everything you have to say is .

I enjoy the process of communication through the written word. I care about what I SPEAK of.

But in the true sense twisting things and making this about 'me' you've misrepresented what I said.

"CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less."

You changed the context.... why? Was that on purpose? To manipulate those reading this?

I've told no one here they're wrong for liking the trailers or that they shouldn't go see the movie. Knock yourself out. Different people enjoy different things. Some people LIKED Amazing Spider-man and Andrew Garfield and his hair and whatever. Right on. I DIDN'T. That's just opinion. Doesn't make ME right or them right, it's just opinion, and I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion. (Now if someone gets FATCS wrong, that's a different story.)

You're being more of a hypocrite than you realize, Chuck. But if this is how you want to burn up digits on a chat board, no worries. .

How is that? You're going to make this statement and not explain it?

Misrepresentative. Manipulation.

Really Nick, this is no way to carry on a conversation.

You are doing in this thread what you did with Amazing Spider-Man 2. .

And what is that? Sharing my opinion? One you don't agree with?

Is that wrong? Am I not allowed to have a differing opinion?

But in the case of the latter movie, at least you SAW the movie once you took a hard stance against it. You have not even watched the Fantastic Four movie yet. But because of all the rumors and 'details' shared on the internet, it must be a failure.

Right. And that's what I've commented on. How is that wrong? Because you don't agree?

And once you were against the ASM2 movie, any time ComicConnoisseur posted about the movie, you made sure to pounce on any positives he had to share about the film. And that carried on for quite a long while. I'm not the only one that took notice, but avoided the conversations. I didn't want to get in the middle of the posts that were being made. .

Y'know, I gotta hand it to Mac (ComicConnoisseur ), he is one good natured son of gun.. I have pummeled some of his silly posts over the years and yet he keeps a stiff upper lip and doesn't let it bother him all that much. I like that guy. We send a Merry Christmas PM to each every year, and I've even agreed with him on a topic once or twice. One of these days I'm gonna get up to that Boston show and buy him a beer or two and shake his hand.

But if he's going to claim ASM2 was a successful movie, well.... I will counter with my opinion.

Sony's not really making them anymore are they? Hmm...

So anyway, me and CC had some heated conversations over ASM2 and, what.... that's bad, you and some other people thought I was bad...

I don't understand....

That's all just ME over-pontificating on a dumb movie, but... what is it YOU are doing?

Oh yeah, wanting to squelch the negativity.

What are your reasons for that, Nick?

Cause you want the movie to do well. You want people to give it a chance! Ah!

That's cheerleading bro.

You want to continue being negative about a movie you have not even watched yet? Have at it.

Well thank you, I will, though your permission is not necessary.

If it makes you feel better, you may continue to go on cheerleading for a movie YOU haven't seen yet either.

See, no one is saying we can't... that's how it should work on a public message board.

But don't act all offended if it gets noticed as being overly negative when we don't even have all the details yet.

Feel better now that you got that out of your system?

I wasn't offended, I was nearly explaining to you why someone ELSE pointed out that you were 'cheerleading', before you then made a hypocritical request for us to quit being negative because we might change others point of view. (shrug)

I wasn't offended, I was nearly explaining to you why someone ELSE pointed out that you were 'cheerleading', before you then made a hypocritical request for us to quit being negative because we might change others point of view. (shrug)

Chuck, let it go. You peeling apart paragraphs and sentences so you can show how right you are is only burning up a lot of board space that could be used to discuss the movie. And hopefully in an unbiased way until we have actual details from someone that saw the movie.

You want to continue bringing the negative analysis into the discussion - that's your right. You want to accuse me of whatever - hypocrisy, manipulation, misrepresentation. If that helps your ego, have at it. Folks will just get a better view of where your head is at. Your so focused on the negative and making sure everyone knows how much you will not be questioned over this movie's success - go get 'em.

Speaking of Michael P. Jordan....I was watching the original Rocky on MGM-HD last night and during one of their intermissions they ran a 4-5 preview/trailer for "Creed" and he looks PERFECT for that role.

Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI) was actually a very strong sequel in the franchise. I thought it was quite well done and had a lot of similar tones as the first one.

76% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI) was actually a very strong sequel in the franchise. I thought it was quite well done and had a lot of similar tones as the first one.

76% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

It wasn't horrible, but Rocky 5 soured the whole thing for me and seeing Rocky in the ring one more time in Rocky 6 was really a stretch. The "similar tones" were intentional to try anc recapture some magic....running through the same streets...with a dog in one scene....climbing the stairs, etc. It was nice and nostalgic but I was over it.

Chuck, let it go. You peeling apart paragraphs and sentences so you can show how right you are is only burning up a lot of board space that could be used to discuss the movie. And hopefully in an unbiased way until we have actual details from someone that saw the movie.

You want to continue bringing the negative analysis into the discussion - that's your right. You want to accuse me of whatever - hypocrisy, manipulation, misrepresentation. If that helps your ego, have at it. Folks will just get a better view of where your head is at. Your so focused on the negative and making sure everyone knows how much you will not be questioned over this movie's success - go get 'em.

Everything I have to say and show is right there on the surface, and the reason I break those paragraphs apart is to respond to specifics and not hide behind generalities that manipulative people use.

It's funny.. you're telling ME to 'let it go'.

All I did was state my opinion's on a public chat board. That's normal.

Trying to get people to STOP posting their opinion's is what YOU did. That's what you stated. That they should stop.

THAT'S the offensive thing.

THAT'S rude.

And yet despite the hypocrisy of it, I have YET to tell YOU to 'let it go.'

But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of how paint it.

There are plenty of people here I don't agree with.. I can engage them in conversation, I can ignore them, or I can put them on ignore, but what I DON'T do is tell them what they can and can't say.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Okay. I tried.

Everything I have to say and show is right there on the surface, and the reason I break those paragraphs apart is to respond to specifics and not hide behind generalities that manipulative people use.

You are more of a hypocrite than you may even realize. Just reading what you had to say about your repeated responses to ComicConnoisseur, and hiding behind 'I'm just chatting on a chat board' as normal behavior.

Y'know, I gotta hand it to Mac (ComicConnoisseur ), he is one good natured son of gun.. I have pummeled some of his silly posts over the years and yet he keeps a stiff upper lip and doesn't let it bother him all that much. I like that guy. We send a Merry Christmas PM to each every year, and I've even agreed with him on a topic once or twice. One of these days I'm gonna get up to that Boston show and buy him a beer or two and shake his hand.

But if he's going to claim ASM2 was a successful movie, well.... I will counter with my opinion.

You made it a point to counter his positives each time, like there was a need for you to defend the rights of Marvel Studios because Sony was making this film. And I get it - I was disappointed when I finally got to watch ASM 2, and saw how mishandled the story was delivered. But I sure didn't set my sites on ComicConnoisseur as THE representative of Sony, the Amazing Spider-Man 2 production crew and the actors. He's just another human being on the forum engaging in a discussion.

But for you, it became an obsession to make that point ASM2 was horrible. Because you were just 'chatting on a chat board'.

Again, would you go into a bar or restaurant that you were disappointed in to yell out frequently you will never be back to that establishment, and also counter any positive feedback others may share to drive your point home? Of course not. So why is it okay to do this because you're just 'chatting on a chat board'?

Trying to get people to STOP posting their opinion's is what YOU did. That's what you stated. That they should stop.

THAT'S rude.

You are very excited about this perception you were told to stop it. Yet what I did was ask a question why people were so fixated on this film being a bomb.

Nowhere was it stated "HEY, CUT IT OUT. GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO PLAY!' But you are making it into that for whatever reason to show you can never be wrong, and how I am the bad guy here. Good for you!

There are plenty of people here I don't agree with.. I can engage them in conversation, I can ignore them, or I can put them on ignore, but what I DON'T do is tell them what they can and can't say.

Yes they are. But it would appear when someone has a positive to state about this movie, it appears to be your mission to counter that. That is not just 'chatting on a chat board'. That's aggression with no real value other than disrupting chatting.

You do realize that, right?

Its possible that the discussion could go into pm's soon right?

Okay. I tried.

Tried what? What's so hard about discussing something that someone doesn't agree with you.

You keep pointing at me like I can't handle a discussion, but you seem to be the one that can't handle it.

You are more of a hypocrite than you may even realize. Just reading what you had to say about your repeated responses to ComicConnoisseur, and hiding behind 'I'm just chatting on a chat board' as normal behavior.

How is that being a hypocrite? I'm not telling him what he can and can't say, or can and can't think. We had a discussion. How is that hypocritical?

You made it a point to counter his positives each time, like there was a need for you to defend the rights of Marvel Studios because Sony was making this film. And I get it - I was disappointed when I finally got to watch ASM 2, and saw how mishandled the story was delivered. But I sure didn't set my sites on ComicConnoisseur as THE representative of Sony, the Amazing Spider-Man 2 production crew and the actors. He's just another human being on the forum engaging in a discussion.

But for you, it became an obsession to make that point ASM2 was horrible. Because you were just 'chatting on a chat board'.

Obsession? It bothered you that much that your 'perception' created this idea that I was obsessed? lol

That's a little bit sad....

Again, would you go into a bar or restaurant that you were disappointed in to yell out frequently you will never be back to that establishment, and also counter any positive feedback others may share to drive your point home? Of course not. So why is it okay to do this because you're just 'chatting on a chat board'?

You're comparing a bar or restaurant to a chat board? And how do you yell on a chat board. By disagreeing with someone? Weird

THAT'S rude.

You are very excited about this perception you were told to stop it. Yet what I did was ask a question why people were so fixated on this film being a bomb.

Nowhere was it stated "HEY, CUT IT OUT. GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO PLAY!' But you are making it into that for whatever reason to show you can never be wrong, and how I am the bad guy here. Good for you!

Oh of course not. You're smarter than that.

You just paint those opinion's as 'negative' and the same thing being repeated over and over again and how it's an 'attempt to force everyone else to have the same view'.

It's very passive aggressive, but it is what it is. Deny it all you want. It's pretty clear.

When someone has an opinion that differs from yours, that doesn't mean it's 'negative', it just means it isn't the same as yours.

So don't go on pretending everyone who disagrees with you is negative, and you're doing nothing offensive.

It's plain as day.

Yes they are. But it would appear when someone has a positive to state about this movie, it appears to be your mission to counter that. That is not just 'chatting on a chat board'. That's aggression with no real value other than disrupting chatting.

You do realize that, right?

lol ' That's aggression with no real value other than disrupting chatting.'

Classic.

Just because someone disagrees with you Nick, doesn't mean they're being aggressive.

Did I disrupt your agenda? Are less people going to see the FF movie because I continued to share my 'opinion'?

Is that disruptive?

Holy smokes. WTF.

You guys need to hug it out. Think of the children.

lol

You know, I was watching the Roger Corman FF film today, and I have to say, as much as I love Jessica Alba (though not as Sue Storm), I think the best looking Sue Storm has to be... Rebecca Staab....

d757245ddd3efd0e095efc877d39e58d.jpg

You guys need to hug it out. Think of the children.

lol

You know, I was watching the Roger Corman FF film today, and I have to say, as much as I love Jessica Alba (though not as Sue Storm), I think the best looking Sue Storm has to be... Rebecca Staab....

d757245ddd3efd0e095efc877d39e58d.jpg

I was disappointed she didn't come back as herself in Arrested Development season 4. :(

You can easily compare wardrobe on all three films.

My opinion... which is absolutely meaningless...

Thing 1 - Corman - Most comic accurate but too cartoony. Leads me to believe that the Thing is not really capable of being directly translated from the source material in a way that will present it as it would be in the real world.

Thing 2 - Guy from the Shield version - (MIchael Chicklas?) - shows promise had some mass to him.

Thing 3 - Current version. Thing is built like a tank. Guy is a walking mountain as far as design and I have to say, I am VERY impressed with this design.

With that said... really don't have an interest in seeing this. It just has a hokey feel to it in my eyes. However, Jordan may be the best thing about the whole movie... go figure!

Let me cut this down to your real issues, as the rest of your 'peel and repeat' attempt is noise.

lol ' That's aggression with no real value other than disrupting chatting.'

Classic.

Just because someone disagrees with you Nick, doesn't mean they're being aggressive.

In your mind, you may be convinced this is me saying anyone that disagrees with me is aggressive. That's not what's being said. Realize that.

It is the approach to a discussion while 'chatting on a chat board', and common courtesy. You don't like a topic or the direction something is going, it's perfectly fine to state your opinion and concerns. I think we both can agree on that at least.

But when you revisit the same topic repeatedly to make it clear you are not happy with what is going on, how is there any positive in that discussion? There isn't.

Have your or have you not made it a point to make it clear you are not happy with the design and direction of this movie?

Did I disrupt your agenda? Are less people going to see the FF movie because I continued to share my 'opinion'?

Is that disruptive?

Holy smokes. WTF.

Disrupt an agenda? Yes, the Council of the New World Order pulled up recently and decided no matter what, this movie must succeed.

WTF indeed. You are so wrapped up in wanting to prove a point, now you are making up details. What agenda could there be here related to a Fantastic Four movie failing or succeeding?

What agenda could there be here related to a Fantastic Four movie failing or succeeding?

You're too positive. You need to earn some street cred like this guy is doing:

maxresdefault.jpg