• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

Thank you for the nice words Jim. As to your question I would like to pick up a couple of the fights 30's (31 especially) lol my next tittle would be Rangers the first 32 but I will always try my best to pick up low grade early fights.

Personally, I love the early Rangers just as much as the Fights. Lots of cool covers and stories... A great underrated title. (thumbs u

I agree Jon Rangers are great!

Some years ago, I had the notion of putting together a Rangers #1-36 run. I got about 1/3 of the way through the run, but some other bright shiny object caught my eye and I ended up selling most of them...sigh. I still kept a handful of favorites though.

And by the way, seeing your Fight run come together is one of the inspirations for me to finally finish my Weird Comics #1-20 run. For the longest time, all I've needed is a #1, but I just never got around to it...well, this will be the year! The early Fox and early Fiction House titles have a lot in common, the obvious thread being the Eisner/Iger shop of artists which was cranking out stories for both Fox and FHA. I love the early titles from both companies, and it's an intriguing and fun challenge to put together any of those tough runs.

Nice job! This might be my favorite (along with #5). I've got one a little better and would like to upgrade someday. Are you going to start the next 50? That is my favorite part of the run. #35 is probably my favorite Fight issue.

Fight Comics 11

What can I say other then this is the book that started it all! I LOVE this cover so much guys.

When I first saw this book it was in a golden age covers book that uncle George had. This cover changed everything!! From that moment on I decided to stop collecting silver age and focus on this small run. After telling George how amazing this cover was we look at the rest of the covers in the run. I was speechless lol . so later that night I did what all of us do when we see a cover we never seen I went to eBay to try and buy this book and I swear this book showed up with a buy it now bin of $60. If it's like the book was waiting for me to buy it. I'm so in live with this cover that after a few months owing this copy I put out a wtb ad for this book on the boards and sure enough about 3 to 4 weeks worth of bumps I get a PM from Tsp99 sending me a one picture and we quickly realized how much this cover means to both of us. And that was the beginning of this great friendship. I still ask everyone I meet at shows if they have any fight 11's I hope to some day upgrade this copy. Or maybe Jeff will donate his baby to the Miamiknight fiction house collection :baiting:lol

IMG_9172_zpsad2c1d2e.jpg

Thanks for comment Robot man btw you have amazing stuff my next project is the first 22 planets :headbang:

Here a picture you'll love 2 of them belong to me and the rest trebling to two great friends of mine we have the market covered lol

20140301_140904_zpsjzm0epk3.jpg

That table looks awfully familiar! ;)

Ivan,

Although I am late to the party, Such a nice suprise to log onto the boards tonight and see this thread with a great photo of the entire 1-25 run. It is a tough group of books to get, superb job by you tenaciously seeking these books.

Congratulations on the accomplishment.

:applause: