• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

I normally either ask for a specific character making sure to mention which costume. Or I hold up blanks and say which one and then maybe say no this character.

I always roll with reference pics but have never had an artist need them.

I have only been disappointed in 1 sketch and I asked for an action shot and didn't get it. I've been amazed at what I've gotten multiple times.

I normally either ask for a specific character making sure to mention which costume. Or I hold up blanks and say which one and then maybe say no this character.

I have only been disappointed in 1 sketch and I asked for an action shot and didn't get it. I've been amazed at what I've gotten multiple times.

Thanks for the 411

I've been disappointed once I paid for a Liefeld sketch op at a con. Walked up to Liefeld with a blank sketch book and I asked him for a Cable he said no your getting a Deadpool no questions asked

Got this back quick! cracked and colored by Nei. Bonus! the grade went up! 9.6 to 9.8 very happy.

X2TmAw7l.jpg

Congratulations. I have only had that happen once. I had Neal Adams to a Batman head sketch on JL 1 that was a 9.6, but when I cracked it and had Jim Lee sign it it popped up to 9.8. That is so much better than all the down grades I have had.

Very sweet Optimus sketch, Goldeneye!

Great - now I am going to be humming that song for the rest of the night at work lol

Don't worry its been stuck in my head since it arrived today. So I'll be humming it along with you.

That sketch brings back so many horrible childhood memories. When he died I think I cried like a girl.