• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

No way a Hulk 1 would sell in the same price range or even above an AF 15. If it does, you know something's fishy.

From what's happening...Hulk 1 in 4.0's and under are almost selling for as much as AF15's. Those prices are not firm or concrete...time will tell. AF15's has a better track record and lots of fishy H1 shilling/non-paying bidders. What I find interesting is AF15's in 6.0+ are selling substantially more than Hulk 1 in the same grade. There's a pan-nick buying to own a Hulk 1 and driving up the low grades and more affordable copies.

A few examples and obviously eye appeal, PQ, and no chipping will play a major factor:

Hulk 1 6.0 15K

Amazing Fantasy 15 6.0 25K

Hulk 1 7.0 27K

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.0 41K

Hulk 1 7.5 40K

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.5 66K

When I acquired my AF15, I found it much easier to locate a mid-grade copy. However, Hulk 1 was much more difficult and took a lot longer. My general belief is that Hulk was undervalued and is now being normalized higher.

However, because of it's much more limited supply, it will likely overshoot fair value and then settle back down to a proper valuation (which will still very high). Like in the stock market, one can buy now or wait and hope for a pull-back to buy. My choice was to buy now as I think 6.0+ copies are in such limited supply.

AF15's and H1's are tough books to find with great qualities/appeal for their perspective grades. lol Sometimes the market is buy high and sell even higher..and that's the case for H1 right now. Until H1 prices reaches a point where it will settle, it will established a strong FMV. These two books on pull-backs are always met with support. Buy the 200 day support moving averages. :grin:

No way a Hulk 1 would sell in the same price range or even above an AF 15. If it does, you know something's fishy.

From what's happening...Hulk 1 in 4.0's and under are almost selling for as much as AF15's. Those prices are not firm or concrete...time will tell. AF15's has a better track record and lots of fishy H1 shilling/non-paying bidders. What I find interesting is AF15's in 6.0+ are selling substantially more than Hulk 1 in the same grade. There's a pan-nick buying to own a Hulk 1 and driving up the low grades and more affordable copies.

A few examples and obviously eye appeal, PQ, and no chipping will play a major factor:

Hulk 1 6.0 15K

Amazing Fantasy 15 6.0 25K

Hulk 1 7.0 27K

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.0 41K

Hulk 1 7.5 40K

Amazing Fantasy 15 7.5 66K

I would posit that something close to parity would re-appear in the uber high grades (9.0+).

-J.

The last AF15 9.0 sold for 190K and no public sale of a 9.2 for a while. I understand the two H1 9.2 sold back to back for about 320K and it's much rarer in that grade than AF15. I would love to see a comparable AF15 9.2 up for auction and if the prices will match or outdo the H1 in that grade.

The recent sale of an IH #1 CGC 9.0 with subtle Marvel chipping still sold for $175K. (worship)

I too would like to see more consistent sales in the 6.0 - 9.0 range to really gauge for sure. (thumbs u

For now AF15's is still king in this range. The gap has narrow, but more record/higher sales for H1 in this range are needed.

I agree with you on that. (thumbs u

Just checked the completed listings on ebay. Looks like a CGC 2.5 sold for $9500 :o and a CGC 3.0 sold for $12,000 :o:o:o .. Would be interesting to see if these were legit sales. Do any of these high sales come up on GPA starting with the 2.0 that sold last week?

:gossip: The 2.5 actually sold for $9k.....

-J.

One of the only keys I don't have that I want is a Hulk 1. Want as in "nostalgic" for my own collection. Hulk 1 is rarer than AF15. Even though I picked up a recent AF15 I realize its pricing is a bubble and there are no shortages of them.

For investment purposes a Hulk 1 is not a bad route to go down. Dealer hype about AF15 being on par with Action 1 is BS. It's because they're readily available. Hulk 1 is the way to go and pricing is starting to show it. You don't see them come up at auction too much. The only dealer I know that gets them is Bob and his pricing on them is usually on the money and ahead of GPA so expect to pay FMV.

I would be careful gauging pricing on lower end copies on EBay.

Finally some reason in this 2002-2008 housing thread.

Any thoughts on this auction:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

$5200. (thumbs u

-J.

Looks like 343(now 345) finally gots him one! :whee:

Any thoughts on this auction:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

$5200. (thumbs u

-J.

Looks like 343(now 345) finally gots him one! :whee:

lol I saw that too. I actually think he is a boardie. He made other offers on various other BIN with make offer listings. He is a legit buyer, and the auction itself had numerous legit looking bidders all the way until the end.

But damn, over $5 grand for a 1.5 now... doh!

Nice new sig line by the way Hulksdaddy. (thumbs u

-J.

Looks like hulk 1 is officially in the AF 15 league now with its first very own AF 15-style scam. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-May-1962-Marvel-/301315179905?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4627c8c581

-J.

Scammers need to move on from AF #15. Too many people know already that this is the most scammed book. Looks like onto the next big key lol

Looks like hulk 1 is officially in the AF 15 league now with its first very own AF 15-style scam. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-May-1962-Marvel-/301315179905?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4627c8c581

-J.

Scammers need to move on from AF #15. Too many people know already that this is the most scammed book. Looks like onto the next big key lol

Happy to see Hulk #1 getting it's due! :headbang:

Now we just need some of the 6.0 - 8.5 grades to hit the auction scene. (thumbs u :popcorn:

I wonder what my IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mountain or David20009's IH #1 CGC 8.0 Pacific Coast copies would command in this market. hm

Not that either of us are selling. lol;)

-J.

Now we just need some of the 6.0 - 8.5 grades to hit the auction scene. (thumbs u :popcorn:

I wonder what my IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mountain or David20009's IH #1 CGC 8.0 Pacific Coast copies would command in this market. hm

Nice pairs of 8's there fellows. Didn't the nice 8.5 H1 Don/Maggie sold for around 59K? I think that copy is more like 70K now, so a nice presenting 8.0's would be around 50-55K. (shrug)

-J.

Copies in that range have recently sold. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

Nice pairs of 8's there fellows. Didn't the nice 8.5 H1 Don/Maggie sold for around 59K? I think that copy is more like 70K now, so a nice presenting 8.0's would be around 50-55K. (shrug)

Thanks buddy! (thumbs u It's the 'Holy Grail' of my collection! :headbang:

:o That's a nice chunk of change in such a short span of time! :banana: I was thinking somewhere in that range also and climbing! :grin: