• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

That's what I was saying -- Larry has a bunch socked away AND this other seller.

With some detective work, one can figure out who it is.

(Or Larry can just tell us, but he has avoided that question multiple times.)

hm I just wanted to know if that was Larry's eBay handle or not... don't really care about why that seller has x amount of copies of a low print variant; some people are just connected. I got in line 3 different days at NYCC for a copy of Wytches 1 NYCC and walked away empty handed each time. Other people scored upwards of 10 copies, so...

Well, there's connected and there's fixing the game.

It's why I try to stay out of the variant hoopla; there's big $$$ behind it, so of course it's rigged.

And no, this is not the only case in the history of comics (or history) where this happens, just saw this comic was the new hot thing and wondered where the copies ended up.

That's what I was saying -- Larry has a bunch socked away AND this other seller.

hm I just wanted to know if that was Larry's eBay handle or not... don't really care about why that seller has x amount of copies of a low print variant; some people are just connected. I got in line 3 different days at NYCC for a copy of Wytches 1 NYCC and walked away empty handed each time. Other people scored upwards of 10 copies, so...

It's why I try to stay out of the variant hoopla; there's big $$$ behind it, so of course it's rigged.

And no, this is not the only case in the history of comics (or history) where this happens, just saw this comic was the new hot thing and wondered where the copies ended up.

That seller could be an LCS owner who participates in the Phantom variant program.

That seller could be an LCS owner who participates in the Phantom variant program.

Yep; getting warmer.

For the #2 Phantom B+W, what was the allocation?

X per Phantom store?

1:X for each order?

Nothing to do with stores at all?

I made it up...

Some got 1.

Some got 190.

Who got 1; who got 190? Can't be a random thing...

I think he was referring to why one person would have hundreds of the ltd to 500 cover.

I got 190 out of the 500 but,

I run the program, solicit the shops, contact the creators, work with the publishers & paid for the cover artwork directly from my meager pocket....

:)

Regarding the Wytches #2 black & white variant.

There were 500 printed.

There are 42 Phantom shops.

Some got none.

Some got 190

What does that have to do wit anything?

500 is 500.

0 to 190 is a large range; why would a retailer in the Phantom program receive 0 copies of this have-to-have variant?

Totally unrelated and general ponderings:

Why would a store sell store items on eBay through a random ID?

Why are the block text paragraphs at the bottom of item descriptions for thecomicmarketnh and cesradjr so eerily similar?

Regarding the Wytches #2 black & white variant.

There were 500 printed.

There are 42 Phantom shops.

Some got none.

Some got 190

What does that have to do wit anything?

500 is 500.

0 to 190 is a large range; why would a retailer in the Phantom program receive 0 copies of this have-to-have variant?

Totally unrelated and general ponderings:

Why would a store sell store items on eBay through a random ID?

Why are the block text paragraphs at the bottom of item descriptions for thecomicmarketnh and cesradjr so eerily similar?

#1- Shops sell through random Ebay accts for a variety of reasons.

The number one reason is money. Ca$h money.

Some manufacturers & publishers frown on certain price tiers.

Sometimes you can pocket more coin selling online than in shop.

#2- *shrug*

you're really bright. figure it out.

Scroll to the bottom of this page and it will tell you all you need to know. Look at the email addresses.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-NECRA----New-England-Comic-Book-Retailer-Alliance--comicmarket.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=xpRJOi0GxTM

Image added for clarity.

tumblr_nf1zvfjWSi1rkky2io1_1280.jpg

Pretty much explains what has been crystal clearly posted time & time again.

Great job "ZaCrew!"

You rule!

Scroll to the bottom of this page and it will tell you all you need to know. Look at the email addresses.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/-NECRA----New-England-Comic-Book-Retailer-Alliance--comicmarket.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=xpRJOi0GxTM

Image added for clarity.

tumblr_nf1zvfjWSi1rkky2io1_1280.jpg

Pretty much explains what has been crystal clearly posted time & time again.

Great job "ZaCrew!"

You rule!

How do you pronounce that guys 1st name? Its it like "raffle"?